The Education Forum

The Killing Floor

Couldn't resist weighing in here David ... I agree with Bill Fite that everyone in the buildings around Dealy Plaza (and all individuals in the Plaza for that matter) should have been detained, identified and/or questioned.  We are talking about the shooting of the American President ... with copious amounts of law enforcement presence - DPD, sheriffs, military, Secret Service, perhaps some FBI - many of whom were quickly converging upon the TSBD.  And initial suspicions are that shots came from the TSBD ... yet answering 'yes' to "does this man work here?" was a satisfactory response to leaving the building.  Just imagine that happening today.  This was no ordinary murder, with little or no police presence. Your rationalization of the world not being perfect doesn't pass the red-faced test; something's obviously wrong with this picture.  The TSBD building should've been immediately locked down and secured, with no one allowed to leave.  Same for the railroad yards, Knoll area, parking lots, Dal Tex Bldg. and other nearby locations. 

DPD Officer Marrion Baker:  I was on a motorcycle behind the LBJ limo.  I was on Houston Street when I heard the shots, and I was pretty certain the shots came from the roof of the TSBD building, so I sped to the front door and parked at the curb and ran inside.  I demanded to know where the elevators were, and Roy Truly came up to help me.  I think it was no more than two minutes after the JFK assassination that we were on the 2nd floor when I saw Lee Oswald, and I shouted, “Hey, you!  Come here!”  Oswald saw me and my gun and he came walking cool and calm.  I asked Roy Truly, “Do you know this man?” and Truly said, “Yes, he works here.”  So, without another word we kept trotting up the stairs to the roof.  I searched all around roof.  I figure my whole TSBD search took about 15 minutes.  On our way down I saw Lieutenant Cunningham just coming up.

But shortly thereafter, Roy Truly shares that one of his boys is missing: 

Mr. TRULY: We have a man here that’s missing.” I said, “It may not mean anything, but he isn’t here.” I first called down to the other warehouse and had Mr. Akin pull the application of the boy so I could get-quickly get his address in Irving and his general description, so I could be more accurate than I would be. Mr. BALL: Was he the only man missing? Mr. TRULY: The only one I noticed at that time. Now, I think there was one or two more, possibly Charles Givens ... and at such time that you have information of the officers taking the names of the workers in the warehouse over in and around the wrapping tables, it was at such time that I noticed that this boy wasn’t among the other workers."

Eventually, the TSBD building is secured:

DPD Inspector J. Herbert Sawyer: Around 12:34 the DPD Radio dispatcher said a passerby identified the TSBD as the source of the shots.  So, I sped to the TSBD. and parked my car in front of the main entrance, and some officers there told me they thought some shots came from the top floors.  Then an employee and two officers took me to the top floor.  This was about 12:37pm.  We looked around but found nothing.  Then I came back downstairs with my two men to ensure the building was sealed off properly.  I posted two men on the front entrance with instructions not to let anyone in or out.  I also had Sergeant Harkness ensure the rear entrances were covered; they already were, but I said double-check.  There were already officers out front, but I gave official orders that nobody was to go in or out without full screening.  Sergeant Harkness soon told me that he had the building sealed off.  That would have been about 12:40pm.  Then I set up a Command Post out front.  Now, at 12:43 I called the DPD dispatcher and said: “We need more manpower down here at the TSBD; tell those on Main Street to come here.”  

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gene Kelly said:

Couldn't resist weighing in here David ... I agree with Bill Fite that everyone in the buildings around Dealy Plaza (and all individuals in the Plaza for that matter) should have been detained, identified and/or questioned.  We are talking about the shooting of the American President ... with copious amounts of law enforcement presence - DPD, sheriffs, military, Secret Service, perhaps some FBI - many of whom were quickly converging upon the TSBD.  And initial suspicions are that shots came from the TSBD ... yet answering 'yes' to "does this man work here?" was a satisfactory response to leaving the building.  Just imagine that happening today.  This was no ordinary murder, with little or no police presence. Your rationalization of the world not being perfect doesn't pass the red-faced test; something's obviously wrong with this picture.  The TSBD building should've been immediately locked down and secured, with no one allowed to leave.  Same for the railroad yards, Knoll area, parking lots, Dal Tex Bldg. and other nearby locations. 

DPD Officer Marrion Baker:  I was on a motorcycle behind the LBJ limo.  I was on Houston Street when I heard the shots, and I was pretty certain the shots came from the roof of the TSBD building, so I sped to the front door and parked at the curb and ran inside.  I demanded to know where the elevators were, and Roy Truly came up to help me.  I think it was no more than two minutes after the JFK assassination that we were on the 2nd floor when I saw Lee Oswald, and I shouted, “Hey, you!  Come here!”  Oswald saw me and my gun and he came walking cool and calm.  I asked Roy Truly, “Do you know this man?” and Truly said, “Yes, he works here.”  So, without another word we kept trotting up the stairs to the roof.  I searched all around roof.  I figure my whole TSBD search took about 15 minutes.  On our way down I saw Lieutenant Cunningham just coming up.

But shortly thereafter, Roy Truly shares that one of his boys is missing: 

Mr. TRULY: We have a man here that’s missing.” I said, “It may not mean anything, but he isn’t here.” I first called down to the other warehouse and had Mr. Akin pull the application of the boy so I could get-quickly get his address in Irving and his general description, so I could be more accurate than I would be. Mr. BALL: Was he the only man missing? Mr. TRULY: The only one I noticed at that time. Now, I think there was one or two more, possibly Charles Givens ... and at such time that you have information of the officers taking the names of the workers in the warehouse over in and around the wrapping tables, it was at such time that I noticed that this boy wasn’t among the other workers."

Eventually, the TSBD building is secured:

DPD Inspector J. Herbert Sawyer: Around 12:34 the DPD Radio dispatcher said a passerby identified the TSBD as the source of the shots.  So, I sped to the TSBD. and parked my car in front of the main entrance, and some officers there told me they thought some shots came from the top floors.  Then an employee and two officers took me to the top floor.  This was about 12:37pm.  We looked around but found nothing.  Then I came back downstairs with my two men to ensure the building was sealed off properly.  I posted two men on the front entrance with instructions not to let anyone in or out.  I also had Sergeant Harkness ensure the rear entrances were covered; they already were, but I said double-check.  There were already officers out front, but I gave official orders that nobody was to go in or out without full screening.  Sergeant Harkness soon told me that he had the building sealed off.  That would have been about 12:40pm.  Then I set up a Command Post out front.  Now, at 12:43 I called the DPD dispatcher and said: “We need more manpower down here at the TSBD; tell those on Main Street to come here.”  

Gene,

What has always seemed bizarre at best (or deeply conspiratorial at worst) was Truly's behavior right then: Roy Truly himself had just cleared "Oswald" (supposedly) if we believe the 2nd floor lunchroom encounter story.

So why did Truly within just a matter of a few minutes - WITHOUT A COMPLETE "ROLL CALL"! - decide that "Oswald" should be a suspect in the eyes of the Dallas Police?

We are expected to believe that Truly decided within 10 -12 minutes after seeing "Oswald" in the lunchroom (allegedly) that Truly asked Mr. Akin in the records department to find "Oswald's" home address so he, Truly, could give it to the DPD. 

Why?

So he "could be more accurate than I otherwise would be."

WTF?

Mr. TRULY. When I noticed this boy was missing, I told Chief Lumpkin that "We have a man here that's missing." I said, "It my not mean anything, but he isn't here." I first called down to the other warehouse and had Mr. Akin pull the application of the boy so I could get--quickly get his address in Irving and his general description, so I could be more accurate than I would be.
Mr. BALL. Was he the only man missing?
Mr. TRULY. The only one I noticed at that time. Now, I think there was one or two more, possibly Charles Givens, but I had seen him out in front walking up the street just before the firing of the gun.
Mr. BALL. But walking which way?
Mr. TRULY. The last time I saw him, he was walking across Houston Street, east on Elm.
Mr. BALL. Did you make a check of your employees afterwards?
Mr. TRULY. No, no; not complete. No, I just saw the group of the employees over there on the floor and I noticed this boy wasn't with them. With no thought in my mind except that I had seen him a short time before in the building, I noticed he wasn't there.
Mr. BALL. What do you mean "a short time before"?
Mr. TRULY. I would say 10 or 12 minutes.
Mr. BALL. You mean that's when you saw him in the lunchroom?
Mr. TRULY. In the lunchroom.

Mr. BALL. And you noticed he wasn't over there?
Mr. TRULY. Well, I asked Bill Shelley if he had seen him around and he said "No."

Roy Truly, you (allegedly) just vouched for him on the second floor! So why in the world did you point the finger at him just a very few minutes later, long before you knew for certain which of your employees were or were not still present, milling about in the crowd?

Personally, I strongly suspect Truly was involved up to his eyeballs in setting up our "Oswald".

20 minutes ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Gene,

What has always seemed bizarre at best (or deeply conspiratorial at worst) was Truly's behavior right then: Roy Truly himself had just cleared "Oswald" (supposedly) if we believe the 2nd floor lunchroom encounter story.

So why did Truly within just a matter of a few minutes - WITHOUT A COMPLETE "ROLL CALL"! - decide that "Oswald" should be a suspect in the eyes of the Dallas Police?

We are expected to believe that Truly decided within 10 -12 minutes after seeing "Oswald" in the lunchroom (allegedly) that Truly asked Mr. Akin in the records department to find "Oswald's" home address so he, Truly, could give it to the DPD. 

Why?

So he "could be more accurate than I otherwise would be."

WTF?

Mr. TRULY. When I noticed this boy was missing, I told Chief Lumpkin that "We have a man here that's missing." I said, "It my not mean anything, but he isn't here." I first called down to the other warehouse and had Mr. Akin pull the application of the boy so I could get--quickly get his address in Irving and his general description, so I could be more accurate than I would be.
Mr. BALL. Was he the only man missing?
Mr. TRULY. The only one I noticed at that time. Now, I think there was one or two more, possibly Charles Givens, but I had seen him out in front walking up the street just before the firing of the gun.
Mr. BALL. But walking which way?
Mr. TRULY. The last time I saw him, he was walking across Houston Street, east on Elm.
Mr. BALL. Did you make a check of your employees afterwards?
Mr. TRULY. No, no; not complete. No, I just saw the group of the employees over there on the floor and I noticed this boy wasn't with them. With no thought in my mind except that I had seen him a short time before in the building, I noticed he wasn't there.
Mr. BALL. What do you mean "a short time before"?
Mr. TRULY. I would say 10 or 12 minutes.
Mr. BALL. You mean that's when you saw him in the lunchroom?
Mr. TRULY. In the lunchroom.

Mr. BALL. And you noticed he wasn't over there?
Mr. TRULY. Well, I asked Bill Shelley if he had seen him around and he said "No."

Roy Truly, you (allegedly) just vouched for him on the second floor! So why in the world did you point the finger at him just a very few minutes later, long before you knew for certain which of your employees were or were not still present, milling about in the crowd?

Personally, I strongly suspect Truly was involved up to his eyeballs in setting up our "Oswald".

The employees were all milling around so they could be released and Truly realized that Oswald--who he had just seen--was now missing. So he told the police they should check him out. It's not exactly suspicious. 

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

The employees were all milling around so they could be released and Truly realized that Oswald--who he had just seen--was now missing. So he told the police they should check him out. It's not exactly suspicious. 

Agreed

On 10/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, Pat Speer said:

Let's say Adams saw Shelley by the phone a minute and 10 after the shooting. Baker and Truly headed over a few seconds later. Truly yelled out to Shelley to guard the front elevator and yelled out to Piper to guard the back door. 

For the timeline, that would be 12:31:10 for Shelley to be by the phone.

If the following WC testimony is correct, Adams is talking to Shelley, so I doubt Shelley is talking to someone on the phone at the time;

Mr. BELIN - Now what did you do after you encountered Mr. Shelley and Mr. Lovelady?
Miss ADAMS - I said I believed the President was shot.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember what they said? 
Miss ADAMS - Nothing.

If you have Shelley by the phone, one minute and 10 seconds after the shooting, its likely he hasn't yet dialled his wife, waited for her to answer, explained what had happened, taken the mandatory questions from the wife, and then hang up. There is simply no time for that to have occurred, because for Shelley to leave the front steps at 12:30:30, that gives him only 40 seconds to walk to the railway tracks, enter the west entrance, and arrive by the phone.

Shelley told the FBI that he entered the west entrance about 10 minutes following the shooting. According to you, Shelley entered the west entrance in less than 1 minute.

It doesn't pass the red face test for me ... one minute, he's clearing Oswald (because he "works here") and the next, he's singling him out as missing.  Several employees were not in the building (or had left) in the first 5-10 minutes ... how is it that Oswald stands out?  How could Truly know where everyone was in such a short timeframe?  But shortly thereafter, the DPD will have an APB issued for this individual.   Something smells fishy here ... 

1 hour ago, Gene Kelly said:

It doesn't pass the red face test for me ... one minute, he's clearing Oswald (because he "works here") and the next, he's singling him out as missing.  Several employees were not in the building (or had left) in the first 5-10 minutes ... how is it that Oswald stands out?  How could Truly know where everyone was in such a short timeframe?  But shortly thereafter, the DPD will have an APB issued for this individual.   Something smells fishy here ... 

Memory plays tricks on me these days.  I thought they did actually have a roll call of TSBD employees, not including those of the book companies located there, After Truly pointed the DPD to Oswald.  With several of them missing. 

I would just like to add something of note here.

I am an admirer of Bart Kamp.  And his work on the second floor encounter is utterly first rate.  There are real and solid reasons to doubt it occurred. And I brought this up in The JFK Assassination: The Evidence Today.  

But one of the guidelines of criticism of any sort--books, plays, films--is that you determine the author's intent and then evaluate and analyze if he has achieved it and how he did or did not.  

RIch Negrete's intent is pretty clear.  He is out to make a visual translation of what happened to Vicki Adams and her cohorts after the assassination.  (He does bring in a couple of other matters--like Dolce--but this is just briefly.). He uses mounds of evidence  to show that there was a cover up of what they saw and heard, and why it occurred.  He then proves that the evidence of these three women is quite convincing on the matter that Oswald was not on the sixth floor at the time of the shooting, and therefore he could not have done what the Commission said he did.

The second floor lunch encounter is a whole different matter that I think is not under Negrete's scope.  His work does not impact that issue--which I think is even more complex than this one.  IMO, they are not related. We treated the subject in Oliver Stone's film as well, we did not get into the second floor encounter. 

5 hours ago, Gene Kelly said:

I disagree. Truly encountered one and only one employee while running up the stairs, and that was Oswald. And, yikes, when he looked around 10-20 minutes later, who was missing? Oswald. So of course he says something. The only warehouse worker besides Oswald to not come back inside after the shooting was Givens, and the police put out an APB on him. If they were looking for Givens--who no one recalled being in the building at the time of the shooting--it only makes sense that they would be far more focused on Oswald--who was seen near the back of the building just after the shooting, and then left. 

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Memory plays tricks on me these days.  I thought they did actually have a roll call of TSBD employees, not including those of the book companies located there, After Truly pointed the DPD to Oswald.  With several of them missing. 

Accounts differ, but it appears there was no "roll call" per se. Employees gathered together on the first floor, and they noticed Oswald was missing. This was alarming to Truly because he'd encountered Oswald just after the shooting. While several other TSBD Building employees did not return from lunch, none of them were believed to have been in the building at the time of the shooting. So there was no APB put out for any of them outside Givens, who had worked on the sixth floor and had a criminal record. 

6 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

For the timeline, that would be 12:31:10 for Shelley to be by the phone.

If the following WC testimony is correct, Adams is talking to Shelley, so I doubt Shelley is talking to someone on the phone at the time;

Mr. BELIN - Now what did you do after you encountered Mr. Shelley and Mr. Lovelady?
Miss ADAMS - I said I believed the President was shot.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember what they said? 
Miss ADAMS - Nothing.

If you have Shelley by the phone, one minute and 10 seconds after the shooting, its likely he hasn't yet dialled his wife, waited for her to answer, explained what had happened, taken the mandatory questions from the wife, and then hang up. There is simply no time for that to have occurred, because for Shelley to leave the front steps at 12:30:30, that gives him only 40 seconds to walk to the railway tracks, enter the west entrance, and arrive by the phone.

Shelley told the FBI that he entered the west entrance about 10 minutes following the shooting. According to you, Shelley entered the west entrance in less than 1 minute.

You're correct. It seems likely Shelley was about to call his wife when Adams came down and that he called her afterwards. 

On 10/20/2022 at 11:39 AM, Paul Jolliffe said:
On 10/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, Roger Odisio said:

But Paul.  You believe Adams when she said she left the 4th floor immediately after the shots.  You estimate that means 15-30 seconds.  We *know* S+L stayed outside after the shots and did not return inside the building for about 5 minutes.  Adams and Styles had passed thru the first floor on the way out the back door several minutes before that.  Therefore we know, and you must believe, Adams did not see S+L on the first floor at that time.  According to Ernest, Styles vehemently verified that they didn't see S+L when he asked her about it.

That Adams and Styles did not see S+L when they reached the first floor is a fact if you believe Adam's sense of timing as you say you do (and as I do).  About as clear of a fact as there is in this whole case.

When confronted with Adams testimony, the WC was desperate to discredit her.  Claiming that Adams said she saw S+L when she reached the first floor, and thus was mistaken about her timing estimate, giving Oswald time to slip by the 4th floor unnoticed,  was the *only* thing they cited to do that.  Another fact.  

So, no, it is *not* possible to believe "that Victoria Adams both destroyed the WC's 'solution' and that she really did see Shelley and Lovelady when she came down" the steps.  If she did see S+L and said so, she buttressed the WCs case; she did not destroy it.  Which is why staff inserted that lie in her testimony in the first place.

You're worried about why Adams didn't try to correct that part of her published testimony.  I urge you to read, if you haven't already, a piece by Flip De Mey, published on Apr24, 2017, entitled "Was a Dorothy Garner deposition destroyed?" (It's on his website, flipdemeycom under "news" with the title Oswald's Alibi). It details what the 4th floor women went thru, and in particular the sleazy method the WC used to gather information to frame Oswald by collecting what would help their fabrication while changing, destroying or lying about exculpatory information.  

Adams was questioned repeatedly after her first deposition and always about the trip down the steps.  They were obviously trying to intimidate her to get her to change her story.  The most blatant was the visit to her apartment in Feb. '64 by Leavelle.  It was in his report, not included in Warren volumes, that the lie she said she saw S+L first appeared. 

It's pretty amazing what Adams as a young women went thru to stick to her story thru the threats and intimidation she got.  She tried to get away from it all and we never would have known many of the details had Ernest not tracked her down.  You must consider the atmosphere of intimidation and repression created at the time when questioning why Adams did or didn't do something.

Or consider what she told Ernest when they talked about her testimony.  "It really didn't dawn on me that my actions were pertinent to anything until  much later".

Expand  

Well, we will have to disagree on this minor point.

The evidence shows that Victoria Adams did claim to have seen Shelley and Lovelady - she marked up and corrected her own transcript in which she said exactly that in 1964. She made no corrections nor objections to her transcript in which she said that!

Anyway, I do NOT accept as "fact" that Shelley and Lovelady took 5 - 10 minutes to return to the back of the TSBD.

You do. OK, that's your prerogative. 

But I see no reason to believe that - their first day statements belie that timeline, they changed stories repeatedly in 1964 and Lovelady's garbled admission to the HSCA in 1978 about seeing Truly and Baker seems to undermine that, too.

I think they got to the back of the TSBD within about a minute or so. 

I am convinced that Shelley and Lovelady were pressured to change (lengthen) their estimates so as to damage Victoria Adams' credibility. That is exactly what the gradual change in their own stories would indicate. 

Anyway, as Pat Speer already pointed out in this very thread, Shelley and Lovelady could well have walked at a fast pace around the south side of the TSBD and up to the west side entrance in time to be adjacent to freight elevators before Baker and Truly arrived. Such a walk could have been done in less than a minute.

If that is correct, and I believe it is, then the timing is perfect - Adams and Styles arrive on the first floor the stairs just seconds after Shelley and Lovelady. Adams and Styles then leave just moments before Truly and Baker arrive.

Truly notices "two white men", but the Warren Commission doesn't dare follow up,

Why not?

Because further investigation would have (almost certainly) revealed that the two men were indeed Shelley and Lovelady, just as Victoria Adams claimed. Their immediate presence would have buttressed her credibility, not undermined it.

And supporting Victoria Adams and her timeline would have destroyed the Warren Commission's false "solution".

I'm afraid you are both wrong. (And right.) The Darnell film shows Lovelady talking face-to-face with Gloria Calvery on the TSBD steps about 30 seconds after the shooting.

You are both right that Vickie Adams reached ground floor quickly. Paul is right about Lovelady's and Shelley's changing their stories repeatedly and lying to the WC. I suppose it's possible that Lovelady quickly ran inside right after Darnell stopped and got in place for Vickie to see him as she exited the stairway. But I think it is more likely that he was gotten to lie about that too. Though actually he didn't lie in his WC testimony when he blurted out "I'm not sure it was Vickie" before he had even been asked.

So I'd say that Paul has it more correct than Roger, whom I assume does believe that S&L actually did walk around to the west side of the building because S&L can supposedly be seen in Darnell walking that way. I don't believe that those two guys are S&L because Lovelady is at that time still on the steps talking to Gloria Calvery. Also because I think that Lovelady was taller than Shelley, but the two guys walking down the road have it the other way around. Plus I believe that the two guys aren't really together, and they split up at the end.  Hard to tell, though. But it's easy to see Lovelady still on the steps.

The Darnell frames below are about 30 seconds after the shots. Gloria Calvery's friend (Karan Hicks or Carol Reed) has her arm around Gloria's and is trying to get her to continue going up the stairs. You can see barely see that in the animated gif below.

calvery_talking_to_lovelady.jpg

Look at Lovelady turning his head to the west and back. The bright sunlight shows his baldness more so than in some indoor photos. But his hair was very thin on top.

is_it_lovelady_turning_head.gif

On 10/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, Roger Odisio said:

So you think that to discredit Adams the WC lied about S+L's timing rather than simply changing Adam's statement.  If they had what they wanted from Adams right away, why did they return to her repeatedly?  Why did they send big Jim Leavelle to harass her the same day she had moved into a new apartment using her roommate's name (indicating clearly to her they were following her)?  Why did the 6 page letter Adams wrote in the afternoon of the murder detailing everything that happened, never reach it's destination (indicating the extent of the surveillance of her)?   Why, if she mentioned seeing S&L in the letter, which she probably would have done given the level of detail in it? 

What do you make of Styles vehement corroboration of Adams to Ernest, saying that S+L were definitely *not*  on the first floor when they arrived?  Which you have left out of your scenario. Why would she say that if it wasn't true?   

Oh, and by the way, I agree with Roger on this FWIW.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, Tony Krome said:
On 10/20/2022 at 8:20 PM, Ron Bulman said:

The first floor or at all? 

On 10/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, Tony Krome said:

Curry: As an officer rushed into the building, Oswald rushed out. The policeman permitted him to pass after the building manager told the policeman that Oswald was an employee. He apparently lost himself in the crowd then.

Campbell: Truly and an officer ran into the building. In a storage room on the first floor, the officer, gun drawn, spotted Oswald. "Does this man work here?" the officer reportedly asked Truly. Truly reportedly told the policeman that Oswald was a worker.

Sounds like the same story to me.

Exactly! The encounter was on the first floor.

Thanks for finding those. I could only vaguely recall the report of a police officer stopping Oswald on his way out.

There was no second-floor encounter. Though I agree with Jim D. that it can still be used to show that Oswald couldn't have been in the sniper's nest. With the second-floor encounter gone, it is even more impossible for Oswald to have been there. Ha!

I dunno.

Bart Kamp certainly does his homework, and certainly documents that the WC was acting as a prosecutorial body, and framing the evidence that way, and if they could bend the evidence and witnesses, then the WC did that. 

The WC was an ex post facto show trial, in print. 

But this is little hard to swallow:

"LEE OSWALD. • Was on the first floor when he had lunch in the Domino room with his Coke from the second floor lunch room, and moved out in front of the building when the motorcade passed by. Went back inside with the other employees and was confronted by a police man in the first floor lobby, the only vestibule while trying to leave."

---30---

Not one person has ever said they saw LHO on the street or on an outside landing of the TSBD when the Presidential motorcade went by. Not one photo has ever surfaced of LHO outside the TSBD when shots rang out.

(Curiously, there are no photos of LHO outside the TSBD at all on 11/22.)

IMHO, there is little doubt of a conspiracy on 11/22. I strongly suspect LHO was made the patsy. But in the justifiable zeal to refute the WC, perhaps some stretches have been made to exonerate LHO. 

LHO, a four-year CIA asset (at least), may have been part of the conspiracy, or knew a lot. Otherwise why have Ruby murder LHO? 

Same day 11/22 statements from Baker, Truly and LHO more or less jive.  

Some very good researchers have suggested substantial numbers of the Secret Service, the Dallas Police Department, the CIA, and the TSBD staff and others (the Mob) were onboard, witting participants in the JFKA. 

This just not hold water IMHO. People blab. Having dozens and dozens of of witting participants...just doesn't add up.