The Education Forum

New video of the alleged Umbrella Man stating that the JFK limousine stopped plus other witnesses

20 hours ago, Ron Ege said:

It's been a long time since I saw/read it, but there is something out there which convinced me that the umbrella Witt brought with him to the committee was not the same umbrella he carried that day.

If I recall correctly, the two umbrellas had a different number of spokes on them. It was obviously not the same umbrella from that day.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

If I recall correctly, the two umbrellas had a different number of spokes on them. It was obviously not the same umbrella from that day.

Jamey, thanks for the refresher.  Exactly that, is what I now remember.

I did manage to go back and check through the archives but even though Simkin did many great long biographical posts for many of the players involved in this saga, sadly there was not one on Whitt. I'm curious as to if anyone on this forum knows any background or biographical info on Whitt or any connections he might have to other players. Any info would be greatly appreciated and would help further this thread!

FWIW,

It's not new video.

It's video of the HSCA testimony of Louie Steven Witt with an amalgamation of clips of other witnesses claiming the limousine stopped. This issue will not die. The limousine did not come to a full and complete stop. No matter how many times people try to tell you it did, it didn't. 

I do not believe Mr. Witt was "The Umbrella Man." Nor, do I believe the umbrella in the HSCA hearing is the same umbrella in Dealey Plaza that day. 

2 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Robert MacNeil (of the MacNeil-Lehrer News Hour): "the president's driver slammed on the brakes."

Mrs. Earle Cabell: The motorcade "stopped dead still."

William Newman: "When I say 'stopped' I mean . . . like they hit the brakes."

At least 40 witnesses, from all over the plaza, said the limo either stopped or visibly slowed. Yet, in the Zapruder film the limo maintains a steady speed throughout the shooting.

A driver of a massive tank of a limo like JFK's does not turn his head 180 degrees behind him to directly watch JFK's head explode without at least letting up on the gas.

Of course the limo slowed almost to a stop. You can see this by watching the Zapruder film and seeing the landscape in the background.  It's horizontal movement slows.

Just after the limo passes in front of Jean Hill in her long red coat and Mary Moorman in her long black coat you see this slowing.

And just as the next group of lawn bystanders comes into view the limo accelerates rapidly.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Witt's umbrella pumping and the umbrella itself instantly became a dark symbol of Judas like ominous suspicion as soon as film of this became public.

You see this black umbrella being opened and weirdly raised up and down just as JFK is taking bullets feet in front of this strange action.

Like one of the Freudian symbolic dream scenes in the Hitchcock film "Spellbound."

The black umbrella pumping, shots ringing out, screaming chaos... surreal ...but real!

Witt must have been immediately aware of the widespread suspicion of him and his incongruously odd umbrella actions just as JFK is being slaughtered in front of him that day.

He must have been aware that his dark umbrella was a sought after circumstantial item that the authorities would want to examine.

If Witt and his umbrella actions were totally innocent of any nefarious intent, why not volunteer a statement to the authorities? Why hide himself and his umbrella for years like he did?

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Witt's umbrella pumping and the umbrella itself instantly became a dark symbol of Judas like ominous suspicion as soon as film of this became public.

You see this black umbrella being opened and weirdly raised up and down just as JFK is taking bullets feet in front of this strange action.

Like one of the Freudian symbolic dream scenes in the Hitchcock film "Spellbound."

The black umbrella pumping, shots ringing out, screaming chaos... surreal ...but real!

Witt must have been immediately aware of the widespread suspicion of him and his incongruously odd umbrella actions just as JFK is being slaughtered in front of him that day.

He must have been aware that his dark umbrella was a sought after circumstantial item that the authorities would want to examine.

If Witt and his umbrella actions were totally innocent of any nefarious intent, why not volunteer a statement to the authorities? Why hide himself and his umbrella for years like he did?

Because Joe it was a distraction.   That is all it was.   So no one would notice or watch DCM who actually was doing something.   

20 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Because Joe it was a distraction.   That is all it was.   So no one would notice or watch DCM who actually was doing something.   

Their close proximity to each other, especially in their theater seat close curb sitting, seconds after the shooting just adds to the suspicion.

Have you seen the photos of the DCM when he begins his grassy knoll walkabout after the shooting? With something clearly protruding from his back side pocket or belt area? At one point under his waist cut jacket?

4 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Robert MacNeil (of the MacNeil-Lehrer News Hour): "the president's driver slammed on the brakes."

Mrs. Earle Cabell: The motorcade "stopped dead still."

William Newman: "When I say 'stopped' I mean . . . like they hit the brakes."

At least 40 witnesses, from all over the plaza, said the limo either stopped or visibly slowed. Yet, in the Zapruder film the limo maintains a steady speed throughout the shooting.

Let me be a little clearer. "Screeching" is audible. I'm not questioning the limo stop.

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Their close proximity to each other, especially in their theater seat close curb sitting, seconds after the shooting just adds to the suspicion.

Have you seen the photos of the DCM when he begins his grassy knoll walkabout after the shooting? With something clearly protruding from his back side pocket or belt area? At one point under his waist cut jacket?

Yes I always contend it is one of the true main relevant pieces of evidence that day.   

Check the Z film clip link below.

Just a micro-second before JFK is hit in the head, you can see the limo almost come to a stop...then BAM!

You can also clearly see driver Bill Greer's head and shoulders turned maybe 150% behind him on his right side with Greer looking right at JFK just as the head shot hits.

How can there be any debate over this easily seen Greer head turn back to see JFK right at the time of the head shot?  It's right there in front of one's eyes!

75K views2 years ago

On 10/28/2022 at 9:41 AM, Jonathan Cohen said:

Totally incorrect. Witt is without a doubt the Umbrella Man.

Jonathan is correct. CTs promoting this should instead leave it in the same bin with the 3 Tramps.

Check out the graphic on this page comparing various photos of UM by Jerry Organ:

The Umbrella Man (ronaldecker.com)

As I recall, Witt stated that the umbrella he showed the HSCA was the one he had on the day of the assassination to the best of his knowledge. He left open the possibility that it was not. As far as what he remembered from the assassination, we know witnesses are inaccurate with their remembrances to varying degrees. Witt was a witness like any other trying to recall as best he could the events from over a decade before. He undoubtedly was not right about everything, but that fact doesn't require a sinister motive on his part.

57 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Jonathan is correct. CTs promoting this should instead leave it in the same bin with the 3 Tramps.

Check out the graphic on this page comparing various photos of UM by Jerry Organ:

The Umbrella Man (ronaldecker.com)

As I recall, Witt stated that the umbrella he showed the HSCA was the one he had on the day of the assassination to the best of his knowledge. He left open the possibility that it was not. As far as what he remembered from the assassination, we know witnesses are inaccurate with their remembrances to varying degrees. Witt was a witness like any other trying to recall as best he could the events from over a decade before. He undoubtedly was not right about everything, but that fact doesn't require a sinister motive on his part.

So really the only proof you have that he is umbrella man is his own testimony and comparing grainy photos.  Wow, if only we could apply that same logic standard to the rest of the evidence.   But lone nutters don’t do they?    

Edited by Cory Santos

6 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

So really the only proof you have that he is umbrella man is his own testimony and comparing grainy photos.  Wow, if only we could apply that same logic standard to the rest of the evidence.   But lone nutters don’t do they?    

Hey Cory, just be thankful that they found the guy after nearly 15 years. Maybe DCM will be revealed in the next Congressional hearings.

The whole umbrella man, DCM story warrants logical suspicion.

Their location position ( right next to JFK's limo at the split second he is first shot ) combined with their mutual odd actions right before, during and after the shooting, and then their disappearing from identification or questioning for so many years ( the DCM forever ) begs such.

I'm going to look for those pics that show the DCM walking around on the knoll after the shooting and that seem to show something unusually larger shaped protruding from some back part of his waist area. Is it a walkie talkie?

Regards the JFK limo stop debate:

If Greer slowed the limo to just 2 to 3 mph just before the JFK head shot ( which to curb side bystanders would look like an almost stop ) and actually did this by letting up on the accelerator or touching even lightly the brake petal for a second which would explain the brake lights in back illuminating for that brief second, what is the debate? Stop versus almost stopped?

It was this slowdown ( from 11 mph to 2 or 3 ) that enabled Clint Hill to leap off the SS car and cover the several feet to the back of JFK's limo just in time before Greer shot away. 

Hill had to run faster than the SS car and JFK's limo to do so. If the limo and SS car didn't slow down from 11 mph, wing tip shoe wearing Hill wasn't running at 15 to 20 mph.