The Education Forum

New video of the alleged Umbrella Man stating that the JFK limousine stopped plus other witnesses

Thanks to The Memory Hole for posting the complete video* and to Billy Vegas New video of the alleged Umbrella Man stating that the JFK limousine stopped plus other witnesses

*Thanks to The Memory Hole channel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought that it was unlikely that this guy was even the same guy on Elm Street with an umbrella, but in the video Blakey was showing a pretty clear picture that I hadn't seen before and it did look like Witt to me. I guess it's within the realm of possibility that Witt was just someone they found who was a lookalike but I am finally starting to accept that Witt could actually be the Umbrella Man after all. What's your opinion on that @Vince Palamara? And of course him talking about the limo stopping makes me think that maybe he was there. But, even if it was him, that was most certainly NOT the umbrella he carried that day. And he ABSOLUTELY knew the "dark complected man" "the Cuban" or "the accomplice", ever what you want to call him. And they were 100% working together and knew the assassination was going to happen. No doubt in my mind! So, if Witt was the UM then we need to delve deeper into who Witt was and what connections he had. I'm pretty sure that Simkin would have done a long biographical post on him from the early days of the forum. If no one beats me to it, I'll search on here during the day if I get the chance and post it here.

5 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

I've always thought that it was unlikely that this guy was even the same guy on Elm Street with an umbrella, but in the video Blakey was showing a pretty clear picture that I hadn't seen before and it did look like Witt to me. I guess it's within the realm of possibility that Witt was just someone they found who was a lookalike but I am finally starting to accept that Witt could actually be the Umbrella Man after all. What's your opinion on that @Vince Palamara? And of course him talking about the limo stopping makes me think that maybe he was there. But, even if it was him, that was most certainly NOT the umbrella he carried that day. And he ABSOLUTELY knew the "dark complected man" "the Cuban" or "the accomplice", ever what you want to call him. And they were 100% working together and knew the assassination was going to happen. No doubt in my mind! So, if Witt was the UM then we need to delve deeper into who Witt was and what connections he had. I'm pretty sure that Simkin would have done a long biographical post on him from the early days of the forum. If no one beats me to it, I'll search on here during the day if I get the chance and post it here.

I do believe Witt was the Umbrella Man and I agree with your assessment.

1 hour ago, Vince Palamara said:

I do believe Witt was the Umbrella Man and I agree with your assessment.

Roy Hargraves is the Umbrella Man and Witt committed perjury. So obsurd keeping the exact same umbrella 15 years later.

https://tangodown63.com/hargraves-roy-emory/

Edited by Paul Cummings

Can someone please do a search on here for Witt and find what Simkin had to say about it and post that on this thread or a link? I don't have a computer or anything and when I search on my phone it brings up a page but when I hit the next page button or whatever it says I have to wait ten or fifteen seconds before searching again even though I'm not searching again, I just wanna see the oldest posts. If anyone will do this I wanna say thanks in advance! 

Witt remained anonymous for how many years! And he was able to do so?  And why do so?

Not one person who may have known Witt or been a relative of him back in 1963 ever came forward to the authorities or the media ( even anonymously? ) to let them know who this guy was?

You'd think human nature would incline "someone" to have done so.

Why didn't the DPD or feds ask the public to come forward in IDing the Umbrella Man and the tall negro man who sat just two to three feet next to the Umbrella Man seconds after JFK was shot?

And the same questions regards the tall dark black man. He never came forward, ever? And not one person who ever knew him did either?

You'd think Witt would have shared his incredibly shocking close up eye witnessing of JFK's murder story ( one of the most important historical events ever ) with "someone" all those years.

Maybe pulled out his kept umbrella and after a few shots of Johnny Walker Red pumped it up and down like he did as JFK's head was being blown apart just feet away from him.

It seems almost every bystander within feet of the head shot scene was ID' right away. The Newmans, Mary Moorman, Jean Hill, Charles Brehm, Zapruder, Sitzman, even some of the farther away eyewitnesses like the railroad men, James Tague and even Lee Bowers!

The Babushka woman has never been identified nor come forward.

She's another enigma in that no one has ever come forward to ID her as well. Maybe she really was the young big boned Ruby girl, Beverly Oliver.

The immediate actions of the tall black man seconds after JFK was hit are ominously curious. First he sits down on the lawn curb so close to the Umbrella Man they could have held hands.

Then he gets up and walks to and fro. Pictures of him doing this are several. There is a clear view of something protruding from his back side pants belt and pocket area. Protruding much more than just a wallet. What could that big object back there be?

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Correct.  Also, how he interacts with DCM.  Is there actual proof it was him?

Tim Smith’s upcoming book on the HSCA should have an interesting chapter on Witt. Smith talked about it on BOR and it was a pretty entertaining episode. 

https://www.blackopradio.com/archives2022.html (Episode 1083) 

I haven’t looked into Witt myself and I could be wrong but it seems like there are some legitimate reasons to be skeptical. 

Wow, somehow I had overlooked this part of Witt's testimony! Thank goodness I've never commented on Umbrella Man in my articles or books, because this segment of his testimony leads me to believe that Witt may well have been Umbrella Man and that his explanation for his strange actions, as silly and far fetched as it seems to be, may in fact be true. 

All, great stuff.

Witt: "I think if the Guiness Book of World Records had a category for people who were at the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing, I would be No. 1 in that position without even a close runner up."

That's probably the best understatement I've ever heard or read. 

It smacks of being self-serving, adding "some icing on the cake" to portray himself as just a regular guy, caught up in in the midst of a completely horrible event - a scenario wherein a confluence of time, place, people, and their actions mysteriously converged, ending in a president's assassination. 

Q: "Why were you there, Louie?"

A: "Oh, just on a whim.  Thought I'd take my trusty, ole umbrella to demonstrate against Chamberlain's and JFK's pop's appeasement of Hitler, back in the day.  You remember."

Q:  "Yep, I remember Chamberlain's appeasement, but I don't know of ANYONE associating that with him carrying an umbrella, just like multitudes of British men did back then - not so much - especially after around 25 years later.  What made you think that JFK would 'get it', Louie?  Seems like he'd be pretty busy smiling, waving, turning his head, playing the crowd and not too much interested in some supposed connection between an obvious esoteric symbol and his dad, right?"

A: "Oh, I just knew that young feller was pretty day gone smart.  I'm sure he read all about it at the time.  I just knew he'd put two and two together."

Yeah, probably something like that!

"Screeching of tires (and brakes)", if it in fact happened, indicates tires skidding - which denotes a quite hard application of the brakes.  Hm-m.

He indeed raised the umbrella high over his head at least once.  I've seen a still of it, and one where Whitt is holding it normally.

It's been a long time since I saw/read it, but there is something out there which convinced me that the umbrella Witt brought with him to the committee was not the same umbrella he carried that day.

Yes, I think the Umbrella Man was Whitt.

A complete biography of his adult years, before the assassination might make for a fascinating read.  

Any chance he had any background in intel and or the military?

On 10/29/2022 at 1:26 AM, Tony Krome said:

"screeching of tyres" is what this Witt guy says

Calling on Witt believers to find any corroborating accounts

Robert MacNeil (of the MacNeil-Lehrer News Hour): "the president's driver slammed on the brakes."

Mrs. Earle Cabell: The motorcade "stopped dead still."

William Newman: "When I say 'stopped' I mean . . . like they hit the brakes."

At least 40 witnesses, from all over the plaza, said the limo either stopped or visibly slowed. Yet, in the Zapruder film the limo maintains a steady speed throughout the shooting.