• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Cory Santos said:

Sure 

Lots of ways

Cory@SantosLawOffices.com

Or

CorySantosLaw.com

Will do so in an hour or so if that's okay.

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

I picked up on that too. Sort of like Hugo being in the attic in that Halloween episode of the Simpsons, being fed buckets of fish heads. ☺️

I'll never forget the evening my future Filipina bride took me home to meet the family (in the Philippines). There were fish heads remaining after dinner and I got the bright idea of performing Homer's fish head shtick for them:

Fish heads, fish heads
Roly poly fish heads
Fish heads, fish heads
Eat 'em up, yum!

I was the only one amused.

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

I'll never forget the evening my future Filipina bride took me home to meet the family (in the Philippines). There were fish heads remaining after dinner and I got the bright idea of performing Homer's fish head shtick for them:

Fish heads, fish heads
Roly poly fish heads
Fish heads, fish heads
Eat 'em up, yum!

I was the only one amused.

Hahaha 🙈🤣🤣 

Lost in transition perhaps, Sandy. 

15 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Hahaha 🙈🤣🤣 

Lost in transition perhaps, Sandy. 

Edited by Joe Bauer

I don’t think one needs to be a Kennedy fan boy in order to observe and analyze the posthumous assassination of the Kennedy brothers. 
Jim D isn’t the only one who writes about JFK’s foreign policies, but you will never see anything serious about that important perspective in mainstream media, and Jim does an excellent job explaining it with cogent references. What does being a fan boy have to do with that?
It’s easy to see why BOP veterans and their supporters were angry. 
it’s like the blind men and the elephant parable. We each have our own unique perspectives, and it can be difficult to step back and use a wider lens. I ask - what would have happened if JFK did what these Cubans wished for? I never heard that question put forward. 
The main reason I object to the MM coverage and that of JFK’s private life in general is that there is no counterbalance, no wider lens. Should we write him off because he screwed around? Did they even have non disclosure agreements back then? Is there a scandal, other than the clearly ridiculous one insinuating that the Kennedy brothers had MM murdered?
Will the Media writ large have the intellectual honesty to look not at the glamour, but at the substance of JFK’s Presidency? So far there’s little evidence of that. Sensationalism and parochialism rule the debate. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

29 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I don’t think one needs to be a Kennedy fan boy in order to observe and analyze the posthumous assassination of the Kennedy brothers. 
Jim D isn’t the only one who writes about JFK’s foreign policies, but you will never see anything serious about that important perspective in mainstream media, and Jim does an excellent job explaining it with cogent references. What does being a fan boy have to do with that?
it’s like the blind men and the elephant parable. We each have our own unique perspectives, and it can be difficult to step back and use a wider lens. I ask - what would have happened if JFK did what these Cubans wished for? I never heard that question put forward. 
The main reason I object to the MM coverage and that of JFK’s private life in general is that there is no counterbalance, no wider lens. Should we write him off because he screwed around? Did they even have non disclosure agreements back then? Is there a scandal, other than the clearly ridiculous one insinuating that the Kennedy brothers had MM murdered?
Will the Media writ large have the intellectual honesty to look not at the glamour, but at the substance of JFK’s Presidency? So far there’s little evidence of that. Sensationalism and parochialism rule the debate. 

Well said, Paul.

And, in your analogy of the blind men and the elephant, JFK's conservative defamers in the mainstream media are like blind men who feel the elephant's testicles and conclude that the animal is obviously a sex-crazed beast.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Why downplay or diminish the JFK and Jackie glamour story?

Why don't we embrace it as the inspiring world-wide American leader image appeal enhancing event it was?

Edited by Joe Bauer

11 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Why downplay or diminish the JFK and Jackie glamour story?

Why don't we revel in it?

It was real. It was romantic. Epically so.

It doesn't diminish in anyway the other deeper importance aspects of JFK and his courageous actions presidency.

I love romantic stories. The JFK and Jackie one was one of the most epically attractive  ,  albeit one with a tragic Shakespearean ending. 

Life is as much sad, tough, ugly and lonely as it is the opposite. It has always been this way.

Romantic stories are one of the most timeless forms of escapist balance to help the human spirit get through the harder aspects of life...no?

The JFK and Jackie love story ( as flawed as it was ) was still a glamourous and inspiring escape one that definitely provided this need and touched millions everywhere.

I don't look at myself as just a JFK fanboy. 

I appreciate every other aspect of JFK that Jim D. has so fully and enlighteningly  eluciated in his many great essays. I wouldn't be so passionate about the JFK assassination truth justice mission if I didn't.

However, I will always keep my human spirit romantic escapist need attraction to JFK and his young and beautiful wife and their story.

Humankind needs such stories. 

Shakespeare knew this well.

Now, it's on to the Joe Bauer/Little Lynn love story I created in my mind decades ago.

What a sense of things she had. Such warmth in her words. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/216102482094901700/

Dated Nov 22nd 1963 

Edited by Chris Barnard

1 minute ago, Joe Bauer said:

My Gad...if that isn't romantic on the grandest scale...what is?

It’s beautiful, tragic, eloquent, it was everything she felt for him, laid bare. Its just the way most people wish their partners would talk about them. 

Lan Del Ray somehow knew of it and does a monologue of the letter after one of her songs, “national anthem”. i’d usually be annoyed about people ripping off something from the past but, I think it introduces the beauty of the worlds to younger generations. 

It’s certainly hard to explain nostalgia for something before my time, perhaps the Brazilian Portuguese word “saudade” best describes how I feel. There is no direct translation but, it means a deep longing or yearning for something. 

“Fanboy” is meant to be disparaging and offensive. I think using it concerning this topic shows a lack of understanding. What it amounts to for me is an admiration or appreciation for something that was better than I have seen since. Perhaps it’s “class” or “quality” that is missing. Whatever it was, it gripped and captivated people all over the planet. 

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Over evening coffee with Cliff, he asked me to ask you this question Paul.

Does the buck for the Diem overthrow stop with JFK?

Thank you.  

24 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Thank you.  

JMO, no.  JFK approved the removal of Diem to a neutral country.  Not his Lodge/CIA coordinated assassination in the tank.

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Thank you.  

Like Ron I suspect Lodge. But I’m certain that Cliff has studied Diem more than I. Does he think Jfk was killed as payback for Diem’s murder? I recall him suggesting that assassins from that Asian milieu, CIA or military covert operatives, were part of the hit team in Dealey Plaza.

I don’t live far from SF if that’s where you both reside. Maybe we should talk over a glass or cup sometime.