The Education Forum

Did somebody try to blow up Harrison Livingstone's car?

Micah Mileto

Obviously that is a family matter is it not?

Part of his estate which probably will be a living estate since Best Evidence still sells, and Final Charade will also be published.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks for all that VInce, now i have to stay home for 2-3 nights to watch it all.

What are Bart and Malcolm going to do with Harry's files?

I know Malcolm has his own online archive.

My pleasure! See that Dealey Plaza UK link- a lot is archived there.

• 2 months later...

Around the time of High Treason 2’s publication, Livingstone was a guest on the Jim Bohannon show on San Diego radio station KSDO. The only known upload on the internet gives no date. Livingstone again claimed that his car was sabotaged (Audio, 44:18 [link 2] [link 3] [link 4]), something which was not discussed in his books:

Caller: [...] if you're worried about these men in power that took President Kennedy's life and Jackie ran away from them, wouldn't you be afraid that they would try to assassinate you and to shut you up?

Livingstone: I- I had a government job for a brief period of time, and I was almost blown up in my automobile by a federal employee whom I knew quite well. People play rough-

Bohannon: -Blown up? Are you talking about a car bomb?

Livingstone: No, the car- the- the mechanism of the engine was set to gasoline pouring all over the engine to- to explode. I knew the guy very well-

Bohannon: And you know for a fact that a federal employee did it? Was that person-

Livingstone: He was a friend of mine-

Bohannon: -convicted?

Livingstone: - and I- I mean the person that I worked with .

Bohannon: Was that person tried and convicted-

Livingstone: No, I never said anything about it, be- but the point of this is-

Bohannon: Why?

Livingstone: The point of this is that people play very rough in this life, lots of people get killed in this United States every year. Several journalists are killed around the world, many journalists are killed every year.

Bohannon: Somebody tries to kill you, you know, I- I must say, I’m a little different from you, my tendency would be-

Livingstone: Sometimes, the best thing to do-

Bohannon: -go to the cops, or, you know, my first gut reaction would be to-

Livingstone: I took care of it my way, Jim. I took care of it my way.

Bohannon: Which is what?

Livingstone: Don’t read anything into that.

Bohannon: Well I don't have to, you-

Livingstone: Ok, we’re going to the next question-

Bohannon: -tell us. Well, lets- well, alright.

Livingstone: Go on to the next question.

Bohannon: You took care of it your way, you're not going to tell us what that is.

Livingstone: I don’t have to.

Bohannon: Well, you don’t have to, no.

Livingstone: What was the next question?

Bohannon: No, you don't have to, that’s very true, sir. [...]

Edited by Micah Mileto

• 2 weeks later...

When I became interested in the JFK case in the early 1990s, Harry Livingstone's books were some of the first ones I read. I think he did a great deal of valuable research on the case, especially on the medical evidence. 

Sadly, when he found out that I was working in military intelligence in the Army, he would not have anything to do with me. I wanted to get to know him and learn from him, but when he found out that my field in the Army was intelligence, he stopped communicating with me. This saddened me, but I understood where he was coming from.

I think Harrison Livingstone deserves great credit for the work he did on the case. Some of it was problematic, but much of it was valuable and important.  

From a 8/8/1988 letter by Harrison Livingstone to Harold Weisberg: http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/L Disk/Livingstone Harrison Edward/Item 093.pdf (Link 2: https://archive.org/details/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/Livingstone Harrison Edward 049/, link 3: https://archive.org/details/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/Livingstone Harrison Edward 050/)

Some very high levels of the Canadian government may be involved in our project, as a full time federal employee has worked full time on our project for months, and the original contact came from someone working for the Prime Minister's Office. I even suspect that the Queen may be involved. Certainly Harvard had a hand in all of this now. They paid for all of my work and got me to write the book, ever since I talked to the doctors in Dallas [notation: "in 1979."]

The queen? What is Livingstone talking about here? Right now I'm trying to do a read-through of every document on Harrison Livingstone in the Harold Weisberg Archives.

Edited by Micah Mileto

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/L Disk/Livingstone Harrison Edward States Attorney/Item 12.pdf

https://archive.org/details/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/Livingstone Harrison Edward 152/

Weisberg made a list of quotes from Livingstone's letters where he makes statements suggesting he was heavily involved with government authorities.

Here's one of the angry letters from Harrison Livingstone saying "I am the police": https://archive.org/details/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/Livingstone Harrison Edward 146/mode/2up

And in a letter from Livingstone to Weisberg, he tried accusing David Lifton of being some kind of "agent", adding that Robert Groden also believed that about Lifton: https://archive.org/details/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/nsia-LivingstoneHarrisonEdward/Livingstone Harrison Edward 119/mode/2up

Edited by Micah Mileto

Livingstone said in a letter to Harold Weisberg dated 7/1/1991 “I have had a total nightmare with many things going on:...”, “...Year after year of hostile action up to and including an attempt to blow up my car by a federal employee whom I worked with. I have lived with fear, often great illness, and terror most of my life(Harold Weisberg Archive, jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/L Disk/Livingstone Harrison Edward/Item 007).

2 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Livingstone said in a letter to Harold Weisberg dated 7/1/1991 “I have had a total nightmare with many things going on:...”, “...Year after year of hostile action up to and including an attempt to blow up my car by a federal employee whom I worked with. I have lived with fear, often great illness, and terror most of my life(Harold Weisberg Archive, jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/L Disk/Livingstone Harrison Edward/Item 007).

I admire your stamina to attempt to go through all of Livingstone's paranoid, bizarre ravings. Due to them, I can no longer accept much, if anything, that he actually put forward related to the JFK case.

FWIW, I have spent an hour or more discussing the case with both Robert Groden and David Lifton, who knew Livingstone well. And the one thing they absolutely agreed upon was that Livingstone was not well. (They actually said much worse, but out of respect for the dead...)

23 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

I admire your stamina to attempt to go through all of Livingstone's paranoid, bizarre ravings. Due to them, I can no longer accept much, if anything, that he actually put forward related to the JFK case.

I think that's going way too far. For all of Livingstone's faults, he did a great deal of solid, important research on the case, especially on the medical evidence. He conducted a lot of valuable interviews with key witnesses and experts. And people forget how many times Livingstone rejected various conspiracy claims because he correctly found them wanting. 

1 hour ago, Michael Griffith said:

And people forget how many times Livingstone rejected various conspiracy claims because he correctly found them wanting. 

... only to then conjure some of the most absurd conspiracy theories of his own, harass people like Harold Weisberg and Mary Ferrell with his paranoid delusions, have to be physically separated from attacking other JFK researchers at the Dallas ASK symposiums in the '90s, and champion people like Tom Wilson, whose claims of being able to find and then "peel back" alterations in the assassination evidence record have never been duplicated, much less verified.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

... only to then conjure some of the most absurd conspiracy theories of his own, harass people like Harold Weisberg and Mary Ferrell with his paranoid delusions, have to be physically separated from attacking other JFK researchers at the Dallas ASK symposiums in the '90s, and champion people like Tom Wilson, whose claims of being able to find and then "peel back" alterations in the assassination evidence record have never been duplicated, much less verified.

Although I disagree with many of his conclusions, I give Livingstone some credit in that he frequently presented direct quotes from witnesses in his books, even when they didn't say exactly what he might have wished they had said. 

He was undoubtedly troubled. But one can still learn from his books, as long as one realizes his interpretation of facts and events is more than bit slanted.  

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Although I disagree with many of his conclusions, I give Livingstone some credit in that he frequently presented direct quotes from witnesses in his books, even when they didn't say exactly what he might have wished they had said. 

He was undoubtedly troubled. But one can still learn from his books, as long as one realizes his interpretation of facts and events is more than bit slanted.  

Agreed - fair points, Pat.