The Education Forum

Congressional MAGA extremists to form faux "Church Committee"

7 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The 1/6 committee was run a lot like the WC. Planned as a PR event, with no effective defense counsel, or even alternative viewpoints allowed. 

This just off the press: They could have testified all they wanted. The Maga's weren't excluded from telling their side of the story. Pleading the fifth means "What I say may incriminate me in criminal activity". Much if not most of the testimony came from Republicans.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

OK, so this 'Phant effort will fall short, maybe it will just be another gong show, like the hyper-partisan 1/6 committee.

Wait... Ben- you didn't watch any of the 1/6 hearings did you?

Everyone that testified, all implicating Trump in sedition, was a Republican.

Is that what you mean by hyper-partisan?

3 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

They wouldn't let Jim Jordan on the committee.. It was hyper partisan. 

58 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Yes, I did not watch the 1/6 show---and it was a show trial---live. I was sleeping, due to time zones differences.

"Yes, we have no bananas," eh, Ben?

The truth is that you and Mathew Koch didn't want to watch the proceedings of the historic, bipartisan Congressional J6 investigation of Trump's coup attempt, and neither of you ever recognized or understood the damning evidence presented under oath, by Cassidy Hutchinson, Cipollone, and other Trump staffers.  That much has been quite clear from our daily discussions on the subject on the 56 Years thread.

As for Jim Jordan, he was complicit in Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

It would have been inappropriate for an accomplice in Trump's J6 crimes to participate in the investigation of those crimes-- which is why Jim Jordan's current role in "investigating" the J6 investigation is so absurd, as Adam Schiff stated yesterday in Congress.

39 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

I've read Brothers and Devil's Chessboard..

No, I want to, but getting books where I live is a trick. I read all I could about the books, and also author presentations on YouTube. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Matt--

But who was not called to testify? What avenues of inquiry were not followed up? 

For sake of argument, let us suppose LHO actually shot JFK.

And the WC said he did, and produced a lengthy, thick report.  

Even with this supposition...is that the full story? 

48 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

The truth is that you and Mathew Koch didn't want to watch the proceedings of the historic, bipartisan Congressional J6 investigation of Trump's coup attempt, and neither of you ever recognized or understood the damning evidence presented under oath, by Cassidy Hutchinson, Cipollone, and other Trump staffers.  That much has been quite clear from our daily discussions on the subject on the 56 Years thread.

As for Jim Jordan, he was complicit in Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

It would have been inappropriate for an accomplice in Trump's J6 crimes to participate in the investigation of those crimes-- which is why Jim Jordan's current role in "investigating" the J6 investigation is so absurd, as Adam Schiff stated yesterday in Congress.

I am probably also jaundiced against the 1/6 Show Trial II, and I will not watch it on TV. But I will keep an open mind.

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

No Bananas?

37 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Matt--

But who was not called to testify? What avenues of inquiry were not followed up? 

Well, you tell me! Who?

Or are you asking my opinion?

Then I'd say all the Republicans that were subpoenaed to testify but refused.

Or took the 5th.

We all know how the Repugs would act if Dems behaved even a fraction of the same way.

And that's why the GOP is a joke. And is slowly strangling itself.

This 118th House will be the last W they get for a loooooooong time :)

On 1/9/2023 at 7:01 PM, Bob Ness said:

I'm all for it Lawrence but the group comes with problems all its own. I don't think they'll be received with an ounce of credibility which is a potential problem in the big picture. If the Keystone Cops are on your side what difference does it make? If it's viewed as a flanking attack on the IC or isn't co-sponsored by a serious Dem there's a chance it could do more harm than good.

I suppose the release of files has never resulted in staffers from a committee drilling down on the product - which leaves it to serious researchers - so that would be beneficial. I for one believe it will probably result in kookoos in congress raising it as an exemplar to attack fully justified investigations into the insurrection, classified documents and Russian influence in 2016. 

To me properly adjudicating those issues are FAR, FAR, FAR and AWAY more important than the JKFA files which have probably been bleached to begin with. The insurrection and documents have been largely immune to interference but Russia 2016 was completely corrupted by the Pardoner in Chief. You should know that.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:01 PM, Bob Ness said:

I for one believe it will probably result in kookoos in congress raising it as an exemplar to attack fully justified investigations into the insurrection, classified documents and Russian influence in 2016. 

To me properly adjudicating those issues are FAR, FAR, FAR and AWAY more important than the JKFA files which have probably been bleached to begin with.

Bob hits the nail on the head here. I'll try to leave out any reference to a foreign country and  It would be unfair to cast everybody leading these hearings in the same light. But we in the JFKAC research are sort of hitching a ride with a bunch of low life scumballs who seek to divert attention from their guilt and complicity, and understandably half the nation is going to see through this from the gitgo,  and the people in the middle are at least going to see this as more partisan squabbles.

It becomes a Machiavellian question if we can ride their coattails with out getting burned ourselves. Larry thinks so. We  have been around much longer than the kooky conspiracies that are being dredged up now by this group. So it could be likely. Though we see how intensely ambitious some of these people are . They've literally sold their soul for their ambitions and I could see the JFKA issue being used for some name recognition and being pushed further and further in the background.

Besides, Bob makes a good point, there are much more significant things facing the nation than this right now. And there are powerful people to be punished. Though it's probably true, we're probably beyond any level where we could be destroyed by our association with this. JMO

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Well, you tell me! Who?

Or took the 5th.

We all know how the Repugs would act if Dems behaved even a fraction of the same way.

Matt:

Ray Epps, who appeared to play a role in the initial breach of the Capitol, was not called to testify, or subpoenaed. 

The various federal assets within the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys, were not called to testify, despite their ID's being made public in court.

I do not recall anyone asking of the Capitol Police,  "How is it you arrested almost no one that day?" 

or

"Why was the commander of civil disturbances unit---the person most responsible for the physical security of Capitol during unrest--at home making meatloaf on 1/6"? 

If I thought about the topic for more than 10 seconds I could come up with other unasked questions....

But, as we have seen in the WC...there is lot now we probably don't know we don't know....

I appreciate you have powerful partisan enmities...but really, the intel state needs a solid and thorough review....

Well, you tell me! Who?

Or took the 5th.

Interesting perspective on why no Church Committee in nearly 50 years...and now?

My hopes are not high...but then the Donks abandoned their oversight obligations...so let's see what happens now with the 'Phants...

likely another Gong Show like the 1/6 committee, but maybe by accident we will learn something...

Edited by Benjamin Cole