The Education Forum

Tippit witness 1967 letter to Playboy

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

Tell us, Mr. Down: why would the Director of the FBI order his agents NOT to interview certain witnesses to the Tippit murder ? Seems to me, in a criminal inevstigation, you interview ALL of the witnesses, regardless of what they have to say. But in this case, as late as mid-October, 1964, the Dallas Agents were ordered NOT to interview Acquilla Clemons and the Wrights.

Why is that ?

no-interview-clemons-wrights.png

Could have something to do with the fact that the WC, of which the FBI were the investigatory arm, had closed down the previous month. The shooting of Tippit was a state crime, not federal, so it was up to the DPD to conduct interviews by Oct 1964. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

You mean the guy who showed up at her door with TV cameras?

Check out the relevant sections from Dale Myers book as posted on page 1 of this thread:

I read what you posted from the Dale Myers book. Dale Myers does a lot of speculating about things. It is obvious he is trying to discredit the witness.

4 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I read what you posted from the Dale Myers book. Dale Myers does a lot of speculating about things. It is obvious he is trying to discredit the witness.

Could there have been an unknown individual on the sidewalk across the street from where Oswald shot Tippit to which Oswald gestured to with the gun to get lost and that person then wisely took off running. Yeah, sure could have happened. Makes no difference to the fact Oswald shot Tippit. 

If anyone believes that Oswald would have been convicted in a Texas court of killing Tippit, then they are cherry picking alleged facts to support their beliefs. 

I would have enjoyed cross examining the various witnesses, and investigating police officers.

16 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

One of many witnesses to the JFK/Tippit killings who did not testify before the Warren Commission. Either because the WC would not let them speak, or they were too afraid for their lives to speak.

Do you know if the WC knew about them? If they were too afraid to talk, this is not the FBI`s or DPD`s fault.

6 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

Do you know if the WC knew about them? If they were too afraid to talk, this is not the FBI`s or DPD`s fault.

Since it was a person who chose to be anonymous in the Playboy post, we can only speculate but it shares similarities with the experiences of other witnesses such as Clemons. If anybody was afraid to talk, just put yourself in their shoes. Wouldn't you hesitate if you kept hearing about witnesses being shot at work and at a police station and who knows what all else bizarre circumstances?  

2 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Since it was a person who chose to be anonymous in the Playboy post, we can only speculate but it shares similarities with the experiences of other witnesses such as Clemons. If anybody was afraid to talk, just put yourself in their shoes. Wouldn't you hesitate if you kept hearing about witnesses being shot at work and at a police station and who knows what all else bizarre circumstances?  

That interview is all speculation as the person never identified themselves. It could have been Mark Lane for all we know trying to bolster the account of Aquila whom he was using in his documentary "Rush To Judgment" in that timeframe. 

32 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I might have been afraid to talk. But my point is not about that at all, as you know very well. The point is that you're trying to smear the WC when you have zero idea.

11 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

I might have been afraid to talk. But my point is not about that at all, as you know very well. The point is that you're trying to smear the WC when you have zero idea.

LOL ok if you say so. And you have it all figured out down to why they couldn't prove Oswald fired the rifle? Have fun with that.

Edited by Charles Blackmon
sic

4 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

[It's] not a fact that Oswald shot Tippit. [It's] just speculation.

It's far from being "just speculation".

For heaven's sake, Oswald had the Tippit murder weapon still on him when he fought with the police just half-an-hour after Tippit was shot. (And please don't try and tell me that the gun Oswald had on him when he was arrested was planted on him, or that the bullet shells that littered Tenth Street were later "switched". Because that type of crap is really "just speculation" and every reasonable person knows it.)

DVP-Quote-Regarding-Tippit-Murder.png

Edited by David Von Pein

3 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

What`s the point with the original post??? 

Better be careful with your language. To "smear" somebody as you allege I have done with the WC means to level false accusations and/or slander in order to make them look bad. I have done neither.

When the comments get this obtuse, I am not inclined to continue engaging. Good day then!

15 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

You mean the guy who showed up at her door with TV cameras?

Check out the relevant sections from Dale Myers book as posted on page 1 of this thread:

Opp's, you lost me at Dale Meyers.  As a young teen in the late 60's I only read Playboy for the pictures.