The Education Forum

Curt Lemay

I have an old bud, who was good friends with the General and hunted with him every year until Curt's death. He said Lemay mentioned his dislike of JFK but never mentioned the assassination but that may just have meant he was very careful. He, however, did speak frankly of his WW 2 experiences.

I'm way out of the loop on why it would be such a big deal that LeMay was there?

I know that he wasn't supposed to be where he should be.

But seriously,what was the big deal?

He smoked a pipe in the autopsy room big deal.

42 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

I'm way out of the loop on why it would be such a big deal that LeMay was there?

I know that he wasn't supposed to be where he should be.

But seriously,what was the big deal?

He smoked a pipe in the autopsy room big deal.

Cigar, not pipe. 

1 minute ago, Michael Crane said:

Corpsman James Jenkins said it was a pipe.

Really? I thought everyone said it was a smelly cigar. 

BTW, since we are posting errata, a friend of mine talked to a friend who worked at a company that manufactured special ammo, and evidently LeMay had been a customer.

My friend said that his friend said that his boss said that LeMay said "the CIA got Kennedy." 

3 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Really? I thought everyone said it was a smelly cigar. 

BTW, since we are posting errata, a friend of mine talked to a friend who worked at a company that manufactured special ammo, and evidently LeMay had been a customer.

My friend said that his friend said that his boss said that LeMay said "the CIA got Kennedy." 

I'm pretty sure that Jenkins mentions it in this video,but if not,I can post the interview/conference with him & Hubert Clark.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

I vote cigar.

Oh man,I made a big mistake & thought that I heard James say that LeMay was smoking a pipe.

I stand very corrected.James said that he smoked a pipe & cigar  😞

20 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

Oh man,I made a big mistake & thought that I heard James say that LeMay was smoking a pipe.

I stand very corrected.James said that he smoked a pipe & cigar  😞

A pipe and a cigar? I never heard anyone doing that. Was that a thing? 

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

friend of mine talked to a friend who worked at a company that manufactured special ammo, and evidently LeMay had been a customer.

Supposing LeMay actually said that, I could imagine he would lay a false trail behind him. His activities that day still obscure. William Kelly attempts to remedy that with posts like this one from 2011.

And it was from Kelly elsewhere on his blog I got the report that on the day of the assassination, not a single U.S. Air Force aircraft had on board the required code book that facilitated cross-aircraft communication, and even instructions from the ground concerning the deployment of nuclear weapons. Which would have been a first and Not Kosher. Thus Kennedy's cabinet, airborne in a USAF plane over the Pacific at the time of the assassination, had to abandon protocols in order to communicate.

Elsewhere on his JFKCountercoup blog, Kelly presents evidence that LeMay's penchant for exotic personal firearms extended to the creation of a special airman's hand gun. This weapon fired a .22 caliber-like bullet with great accuracy from a distance. Kelly speculated that it could have been used for shooting through the approaching windshield of Kennedy's limo.

Edited by George Govus
joke swap

1 hour ago, George Govus said:

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Supposing LeMay actually said that, I could imagine he would lay a false trail behind him. His activities that day still obscure. William Kelly attempts to remedy that with posts like this one from 2011.

And it was from Kelly elsewhere on his blog I got the report that on the day of the assassination, not a single U.S. Air Force aircraft had on board the required code book that facilitated cross-aircraft communication, and even instructions from the ground concerning the deployment of nuclear weapons. Which would have been a first and Not Kosher. Thus Kennedy's cabinet, airborne in a USAF plane over the Pacific at the time of the assassination, had to abandon protocols in order to communicate.

Elsewhere on his JFKCountercoup blog, Kelly presents evidence that LeMay's penchant for exotic personal firearms extended to the creation of a special airman's hand gun. This weapon fired a .22 caliber-like bullet with great accuracy from a distance. Kelly speculated that it could have been used for shooting through the approaching windshield of Kennedy's limo.

GG---Verily, a "wilderness of smoke and mirrors" is the JFKA. I concur--who knows, maybe LeMay was dissembling That is interesting that :eMay liked special firearms---I know forget the name, but the ammo maker was recognized for its special bullets etc. 

Point of correction, on the date of the assassination all commands and all SAC aircraft were in full communications with all code books in place and fully able to respond to commands from the national military command center including both the general elevation of DEFCON which was ordered by the Joint Chiefs with SECDEF concurrence - and and the elevated regional security condition upgrades that were ordered by commanders in the Pacific and European Commands as well as by SAC.  The aircraft carrying the people to Japan was not a SAC aircraft nor under its command. And for that matter LeMay no longer commanded SAC but was Joint Chiefs and not in any direct chain of military command at that time. 

The story of the one code book in question is complex but it also has to be noted that it had no relationship to military command communications nor for that matter with actual communications with the aircraft itself which were carried out on an ongoing basis.

The most dramatic thing missing out of the whole national security story for that day was Johnson's total lack of understanding or effort to insert himself into the role of Commander in Chief; he effectively bailed out on all his responsibilities in that regard and made no effort to involve himself at all. Perhaps a good thing but a dramatic failure on his part.

Edited by Larry Hancock

I think it's very important to know that most of our top military leaders on 11,22,1963 were not enamored with and with some even hating of their own President.

Seeing JFK as a commie sell out...a traitor!

I don't recall seeing many highest rank 1963 era military officers expressing true sadness regards JFK's slaughter in public interviews then and ever since.

Obviously, those who hated JFK like LeMay simply showed their contempt for him by not saying much at all when asked about their feelings regards JFK's murder.

Same goes for our secret intel agencies and their highest rank officers and covert team leaders.

Dulles, Cabell, Hoover, and on and on.

E. Howard Hunt and David Phillips never expressed much sorrow over JFK's killing...did they?

David Morales bragged how they got "that SOB" to his old friends in his heavy drinking retirement.

And William Harvey's widow's years later recounting of his and her shared contempt for JFK ( including even Jackie and Robert Kennedy ) was literally seething.

"They were scum!"

No feelings of sorrow and empathy expressed at all for the Kennedy's and their brutal murders and the losses to their immediate family survivors.

Knowing all these powerful co-power sharing communities of our federal government and their top tier leaders hated JFK and RFK to the point of feeling no sorrow for their brutal and painful mid-life age cut short murders, this fact can't help but to add a sense of doubt and suspicion regards the JFK hating climate of the times.

Edited by Joe Bauer