The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Fact: Trump is a traitor and the worst POTUS in U.S. history. Period. The End.

Matt,

Agreed.

And what Mathew Koch doesn't understand is that "liberals" may be critical of the U.S. military industrial complex in the post-WWII era, but that doesn't mean we aren't "patriots."

Nor does it mean that only right wing Republican families have fought for the U.S. in time of war.

The Kennedy brothers-- John and Joseph, Jr.-- are a good example.

And Oliver Stone volunteered for military service in Vietnam!

Edited by W. Niederhut

Can we start a running tally page of all the companies that are now facing calls for a boycott?

So far there's:

PetSmart

Bud Light

Target

Kohls

Pretty soon they're going to run out of places to shop.

Walmart has been mentioned, but you know THEY'RE never going to get boycotted. Any attempt to boycott Walmart would last about 15 minutes.

Steve Thomas

43 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Doug,

Not much there in this case. It's a Slate story for skeptical positivists.

I got interested in the subject of near death experiences about 30 years ago, after hearing about them from two former patients.

I read Dr. Raymond Moody's 1975 classic on the subject, Life After Life, and some related literature.

Nowadays, there's a vast array of popular literature (and videos) on the subject, most of which I haven't studied.

Some of the phenomenology is inconsistent with the positivist theory that near death experiences are mere hallucinations or dream states-- because the subjects describe seeing things, from above, (e.g., ICUs, dead bodies on a battlefield) that actually happened.

22 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

"HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL, BUT ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR THE COUNTRY THEY LOVE, AND TO THOSE IN LINE OF A VERY DIFFERENT, BUT EQUALLY DANGEROUS FIRE, STOPPING THE THREATS OF THE TERRORISTS, MISFITS AND LUNATIC THUGS WHO ARE WORKING FEVERISHLY FROM WITHIN TO OVERTURN AND DESTROY OUR ONCE GREAT COUNTRY, WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN IN GREATER PERIL THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW," Trump wrote. "WE MUST STOP THE COMMUNISTS, MARXISTS AND FASCIST “PIGS” AT EVERY TURN AND, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

"PIGS"...  hmmm. Shades of the 1960's.

I think someone is going mad.

Steve Thomas

Fox News poll finds 56% doubt Trump's 'mental soundness' to be president

by David Edwards May 28, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-mental-soundness/

Ya think?

Steve Thomas

5 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Fox News poll finds 56% doubt Trump's 'mental soundness' to be president

by David Edwards May 28, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-mental-soundness/

Ya think?

Steve Thomas

Trump's personality disorder -- including his use of projection-- is becoming more glaringly obvious as he loses gray matter.

How bizarre is it that Trump would accuse liberal "fascists" of endangering American democracy?

That's like Mike Tyson accusing other boxers of wanting to bite off their opponents' ears.

McCarthy says GOP put work requirements in debt ceiling bill for a child ‘sitting on the couch collecting welfare’

by David Badash, The New Civil Rights Movement May 30, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/mccarthy-says-gop-put-work-requirements-in-debt-ceiling-bill-for-a-child-sitting-on-the-couch-collecting-welfare/

“Extremist House Republicans are furious how President Joe Biden was able to craft a debt ceiling deal without giving up much, but according to Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, GOP lawmakers were able to put work requirements into the legislation that will require families using government assistance to put their "able bodied" children to work in order to continue receiving benefits.

"We also did something different," McCarthy, trying to sell GOP voters on the bill, told Fox News Tuesday morning. "In this family we may have a child, able-bodied, not married, no kids, but he's sitting on the couch collecting welfare."”

Damned freeloaders.

Where’s a good coal mine when you need one?

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene on Memorial Day

On this solemn day, we honor the fallen soldiers who defended our nation’s values. Their sacrifice serves as a powerful reminder that freedom is never free. Let’s stand united in gratitude and remembrance

image.png.528bfd0d68f7928e5564b8079a986f68.png

Her flag only has 18 stars on it.

The Confederacy had 13 states and the 5 Indian nations of Oklahoma.

Subtle huh?

Steve Thomas

I doubt that MTG even recognizes the profound irony of her comment.

The freedom of the former Confederate slaves was, certainly, not free.

It was purchased with a great deal of American blood.

And her 18 Confederate "stars" weren't fighting to preserve freedom.

They were fighting to preserve slavery.

Edited by W. Niederhut

20 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Can we start a running tally page of all the companies that are now facing calls for a boycott?

So far there's:

PetSmart

Bud Light

Target

Kohls

Pretty soon they're going to run out of places to shop.

Walmart has been mentioned, but you know THEY'RE never going to get boycotted. Any attempt to boycott Walmart would last about 15 minutes.

Steve Thomas

Uh oh. Looks like Chick-fil-A might be next.

Chick-fil-A slammed by conservatives after announcing diversity program: report

https://www.rawstory.com/chick-fil-a/

Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

And on Day 2 of his second Presidential term, Trump will issue an executive order making his birthday a national holiday.