The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Of course we've heard of these smoking guns before. But this is the newest.

BREAKING: CNN drops bombshell, reveals that the National Archives just notified Special Counsel Jack Smith and the Justice Department that it has “critical evidence,” including a whopping 16 incriminating recordings, that could land Trump in prison because they “prove that Donald Trump” KNEW that it was illegal to “declassify” top secret documents by simply “declaring them classified.” The recorded communications are between the National Archives and “Trump himself,” and “top Trump staffers.” CNN reports that the “16 presidential records, which were subpoenaed earlier this year, may provide critical evidence establishing the former president’s awareness of the declassification process, a key part of the criminal investigation into Trump’s mishandling of classified documents.” CNN continues, declaring that the recordings “may also provide insight into Trump’s intent and whether he willfully disregarded what he knew to be clearly established protocols, according to a source familiar with recent testimony provided to the grand jury by former top Trump officials.” if you think that Trump MUST be criminally charged — and consider joining the growing exodus to Tribel, a new Twitter competition I created that Elon Musk is trying to silence. He banned Tribel’s Twitter account, but he hast yet banned this link to download the new Tribel app: http://tribel.app.link/okwPIHYCIqb

Trump's former lawyer thinks he's going to jail.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘Locked in': Legal expert details why Fani Willis' letter to judge is very bad news for Trump

by Tom Boggioni May 19, 2023,

https://www.rawstory.com/fani-willis-trump-2660299652/

“According to MSNBC legal analyst, … Speaking with host Ana Cabrera, the criminal defense attorney stated the Thursday letter which announced plans for 70 percent of her staff to work remotely during a three-week period up to August 18, with her office only populated by herself, top aides and armed investigators is a sign that she has "locked in" the dates for a Trump indictment announcement. “

“Noting that Willis has also asked the judge to not have any trials going on at the courthouse during the definitive period, Cevalos explained, "Fani Willis is asking the court to devote, clear its resources, clear the calendar, that can only mean that she plans on big news."

Sounds like Fani Willis is getting her people out of harm's way.

Steve Thomas

R.I.P. Jim Brown.  Interesting man.

I'm old enough to remember watching Jim Brown (on television) carrying the rock for the Cleveland Browns back in the day.  

The image that comes to mind is Jim Brown hopping down the field, dragging some guy who was desperately clinging to his leg.

Jim Brown, all-time NFL great and social activist, dead at 87 | AP News

Edited by W. Niederhut

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

R.I.P. Jim Brown.  Interesting man.

I'm old enough to remember watching Jim Brown (on television) carrying the rock for the Cleveland Browns back in the day.  

The image that comes to mind is Jim Brown hopping down the field, dragging some guy who was desperately clinging to his leg.

Jim Brown, all-time NFL great and social activist, dead at 87 | AP News

I remember watching Jim Brown just run over Cowboys players in his last season, 1965, maybe once in 1964 on black and white tv.  Reading about him earlier.  Still the only RB, who played for 9 years to average over 100 yards per game (104?), and yards per carry at 5.4(?).  Only one close was Barry Sanders 99/5.2, I think.  

I think I'll watch The Dirty Dozen tonight in respect.  He said he was going to retire after the 1966 season.  He was filming DD in the late spring of 1966 in England.  There were weather delays.  Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell threatened to fine JB $1500 a week for every one he missed of training camp.  JB retired in July 1966.

Jim Brown by the numbers: Where Syracuse legend stands in program record book - syracuse.com

Rep. George Santos Disappears Mysterious Campaign Treasurer

By @robertmaguire.bsky.social (@RobertMaguire_) May 19, 2023

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-george-santos-disappears-mysterious-campaign-treasurer-andrew-olson?ref=home

Rep. George Santos’ latest federal campaign filing lists himself as treasurer—supplanting the previous treasurer, whose existence was never verified. Robert McGuire, research director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, noted Andrew Olson’s removal from the paperwork in a tweet and also pointed out that Santos is still using the personal email address that was listed for Olson in the earlier filing. CREW filed a complaint last week—the day Santos was indicted on charged related to other problems with his campaign filings—asking the feds to investigate whether the New York Republican was illegally operating a campaign committee without a treasurer. There was no immediate comment from Santos.

After months of suspicions, and now a federal indictment, George Santos removes his mysterious treasurer “Andrew Olson” (whom no one was ever able to confirm existed) and signs his campaign filing as his own treasurer (left is old filing, right was just filed today) pic.twitter.com/6rcsOD8pK1

Steve Thomas

Here's my anecdote for today about life in 2023.

First of all, smoke from the forest fires in western Canada has settled over the front range of the Colorado Rockies this weekend-- from the Wyoming border down to the Texas Panhandle.

The air is so bad (small particulates in the 170s) that my wife and I have skipped our daily walks around the park.

BUT, in other news, Governor Polis and the state recently set up a program for people in Colorado to trade in their gas lawn mowers for $150 vouchers to purchase electric mowers.

I took my 30 year-old Sears Craftsman lawn mower to a local scrap yard last week, got a voucher, and bought an electric Ryobi lawn mower at Home Depot yesterday.

(I've always been a real Bohunk about doing my own gardening and yard work-- much to my daughter's chagrin.  But that's another story.)

Anyway, I just charged up the 40V Ryobi battery and tried out the electric mower.  Incredible!  Light as a feather-- like using a light vacuum cleaner-- and you push a button to start it, rather than pulling a cord repeatedly.

That said, I have nothing bad to say about my old Sears lawn mower.  That thing ran for 30 years without a problem-- requiring only an annual oil change, and periodic spark plug and air filter replacements.  It was, however, getting so old that I had to leave it out in the sun (to heat up) before trying to start it in recent years.

The End

15 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I've always been a real Bohunk about doing my own gardening and yard work

It's really good for you! People that do their own gardening live significantly longer than those that watch others do it for them :)

We've had an electric mower for about 5 years now and to me the primary benefit has been the reduction in noise, as I use my ears to make a living!