The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Hucksters are suckering MAGA supporters into buying worthless 'Trump Bucks': report

by Tom Boggioni May 27, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-scam-2660713516/

“According to a report from NBC, scam operations with names like Patriots Dynasty and US Patriots have been selling so-called "Trump Bucks" to fans of the recently indicted Donald Trump with a promise of growing rich -- except they are worth nothing.

NBC's Brandy Zadrozny and Corky Siemaszko are reporting that the Federal Trade Commission has confirmed receiving complaints about the scam and that the Better Business Bureau has given the three Colorado companies involved, Patriots Dynasty, Patriots Future and USA Patriots, an "F" rating with terible reviews pouring in.

According to the report, the companies are "peddling 'Trump Bucks,' which are emblazoned with photos of the former president, and advertising them online as a kind of golden ticket that will help propel Trump’s 2024 bid and make the 'real patriots' who support him rich when cashed in."

"John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank. So he’s gone on Twitter to warn other Trump supporters not to fall for this scam,"”

Monopoly money anyone?

OMG

Steve Thomas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Trump has discovered AI and Photoshop.

Team Trump shares video of Ron DeSantis deepfaked into the "Michael Scott wearing a women's suit" scene from The Office

Former President Donald Trump posted a spoof video that showed a fake list of people who were listening to Gov. Ron DeSantis's (R-FL) campaign announcement, lumping the governor in with Adolf Hitler, the Devil, and more.

Gird yourself. This next election (2024) is going to be filled with so many fake videos and misinformation that you won't be able to recognize it.

Steve Thomas

Speaking of deep fake MAGA videos, I recall seeing a video clip in 2016 showing Hillary Clinton having an apparent petit mal seizure.

At the time, Trump and his MAGA media echo chamber were repeating a trope that Hillary was infirm and unable to safely govern the country.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Hot Diggity Damn!  History.  Most likely the state senate won't do the same (2/3 needed there).  But, of 150 state congressmen 64 are Democrats.  121 of the congressmen voted to impeach state AG Ken Paxton.  Ya da da da ha ha ha!!!  He is no longer the AG, at least until the senate trial.

Texas House of Representatives votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton (msn.com)

51 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hot Diggity Damn!  History.  Most likely the state senate won't do the same (2/3 needed there).  But, of 150 state congressmen 64 are Democrats.  121 of the congressmen voted to impeach state AG Ken Paxton.  Ya da da da ha ha ha!!!  He is no longer the AG, at least until the senate trial.

Texas House of Representatives votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton (msn.com)

Going a little further with the math.  The house actually has 149 members, 2 abstained, 3 weren't there, so 144 present who voted.  Need 75 to win.  64 members are democrat.  Assuming all the democrats were present and voted, 144 - 64 = 80 republicans. 

121 Ayes to 23 Nays.  121 - 64 = 57.  57 of 80 republicans voted to impeach their republican AG.  That's over 70%!  One might say he was impeached by his own party.  Without their overwhelming help it would never have been possible.  Maybe now more is.  It seems they have a rift within.  

22 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Team Trump has discovered AI and Photoshop.

Team Trump shares video of Ron DeSantis deepfaked into the "Michael Scott wearing a women's suit" scene from The Office

Former President Donald Trump posted a spoof video that showed a fake list of people who were listening to Gov. Ron DeSantis's (R-FL) campaign announcement, lumping the governor in with Adolf Hitler, the Devil, and more.

Gird yourself. This next election (2024) is going to be filled with so many fake videos and misinformation that you won't be able to recognize it.

Steve Thomas

Deepfake democracy: How AI is bamboozling Congress and threatening Election 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/deepfake-videos-in-2024-election/

“WASHINGTON — America’s in the midst of its first AI-fueled election. Duping voters in 2024 — a year where “deepfakes” are expected to supplant our current meme-driven political unreality — will be easier than ever.

Bogus but hyper-realistic videos of Donald Trump secretly plotting with Russian President Vladimir Putin or President Joe Biden in a secret White House confab with antifa activists? Entirely fake speeches delivered by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) or Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)?

All possible now. Just watch the wouldn’t-have-been-possible-in-2020 deepfake video starring a computer generated Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who’s depicted as desperately trying to convince his colleagues in “The Office” that he’s not wearing women’s clothes. Donald Trump Jr. is among the people who've shared it on social media in recent days.”

Steve Thomas

15 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Deepfake democracy: How AI is bamboozling Congress and threatening Election 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/deepfake-videos-in-2024-election/

“WASHINGTON — America’s in the midst of its first AI-fueled election. Duping voters in 2024 — a year where “deepfakes” are expected to supplant our current meme-driven political unreality — will be easier than ever.

Bogus but hyper-realistic videos of Donald Trump secretly plotting with Russian President Vladimir Putin or President Joe Biden in a secret White House confab with antifa activists? Entirely fake speeches delivered by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) or Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)?

All possible now. Just watch the wouldn’t-have-been-possible-in-2020 deepfake video starring a computer generated Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who’s depicted as desperately trying to convince his colleagues in “The Office” that he’s not wearing women’s clothes. Donald Trump Jr. is among the people who've shared it on social media in recent days.”

Steve Thomas

This Deep Fake stuff is like George Orwell's 1984 on steroids. Creepy.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump's brain child, Don, Jr., has denounced Ken Paxton's impeachment as, "a RINO witch hunt."

NewYork Times headline today. This was a great TV show.

George Maharis, TV Heartthrob of ‘Route 66,’ Is Dead at 94

He appeared in Off Broadway roles before starring on CBS as one of two young men who find adventure crossing the country in a Corvette convertible.

"HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL, BUT ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR THE COUNTRY THEY LOVE, AND TO THOSE IN LINE OF A VERY DIFFERENT, BUT EQUALLY DANGEROUS FIRE, STOPPING THE THREATS OF THE TERRORISTS, MISFITS AND LUNATIC THUGS WHO ARE WORKING FEVERISHLY FROM WITHIN TO OVERTURN AND DESTROY OUR ONCE GREAT COUNTRY, WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN IN GREATER PERIL THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW," Trump wrote. "WE MUST STOP THE COMMUNISTS, MARXISTS AND FASCIST “PIGS” AT EVERY TURN AND, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

"PIGS"...  hmmm. Shades of the 1960's.

I think someone is going mad.

Steve Thomas

59 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

"HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL, BUT ESPECIALLY TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR THE COUNTRY THEY LOVE, AND TO THOSE IN LINE OF A VERY DIFFERENT, BUT EQUALLY DANGEROUS FIRE, STOPPING THE THREATS OF THE TERRORISTS, MISFITS AND LUNATIC THUGS WHO ARE WORKING FEVERISHLY FROM WITHIN TO OVERTURN AND DESTROY OUR ONCE GREAT COUNTRY, WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN IN GREATER PERIL THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW," Trump wrote. "WE MUST STOP THE COMMUNISTS, MARXISTS AND FASCIST “PIGS” AT EVERY TURN AND, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

"PIGS"...  hmmm. Shades of the 1960's.

I think someone is going mad.

Steve Thomas

Geez... talk about a projection. :rolleyes:

Words cannot describe my disgust with the anti-democracy, proto-fascist American traitor Donald J. Trump.

And, since it's Memorial Day, let me add that no one in Trump's family has ever fought for the U.S. in time of war.

In contrast, I'll add that, although I'm an anti-war "LIBTARD," (as Mathew Koch put it) I come from a family of U.S. war veterans.

My uncle was killed on the U.S.S. Lexington, and my father and two other uncles fought in the U.S. Army in Europe in WWII.

My great uncle and his cousin fought in the U.S. Army in Europe in WWI.

My great great grandfather fought in the Army of the Potomac in the Civil War, and his grandfather fought in the Continental Army in the Revolutionary War.

I'm proud of them, but I'll always be an anti-war liberal.

Edited by W. Niederhut

15 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Geez... talk about a projection. :rolleyes:

Words cannot describe my disgust with the anti-democracy, proto-fascist American traitor Donald J. Trump.

And, since it's Memorial Day, let me add that no one in Trump's family has ever fought for the U.S. in time of war.

In contrast, I'll add that, although I'm an anti-war "LIBTARD," (as Mathew Koch put it) I come from a family of U.S. war veterans.

My uncle was killed on the U.S.S. Lexington, and my father and two other uncles fought in the U.S. Army in Europe in WWII.

My great uncle and his cousin fought in the U.S. Army in Europe in WWI.

My great great grandfather fought in the Army of the Potomac in the Civil War, and his grandfather fought in the Continental Army in the Revolutionary War.

I'm proud of them, but I'll always be an anti-war liberal.

You are one, my family fought in the war too, don't act like your special! You're lucky the mods are partisan leftist boomers like yourself..or the amount of partisan provoking you do should have gotten you suspended or kicked off. Can't even rest on Memorial Day!  

Keep my Name and Donald Trumps out of your toxic partisan neurotic mouth.. this is all you do over and over (Don't forget that dictionary definition you meet when you look in the mirror) 

NPC partisan parrot people like you have made America worse💯

Happy Memorial Day to everyone else other than William Niederhut Class Of 1984 

29 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

You are one, my family fought in the war too, don't act like your special! You're lucky the mods are partisan leftist boomers like yourself..or the amount of partisan provoking you do should have gotten you suspended or kicked off. Can't even rest on Memorial Day!  

Keep my Name and Donald Trumps out of your toxic partisan neurotic mouth.. this is all you do over and over (Don't forget that dictionary definition you meet when you look in the mirror) 

NPC partisan parrot people like you have made America worse💯

Happy Memorial Day to everyone else other than William Niederhut Class Of 1984 

Mathew,

Trump is a pseudo-patriot.  There is ample evidence that Trump has always been contemptuous of our American veterans.

General John Kelly will vouch for Trump's pseudo-patriotism.

Trump's father despised Fred Trump, Jr. for wanting to join the National Guard.

No one on either side of Trump's family ever served in the U.S. military.  And Donald dodged the Vietnam War by claiming to have bone spurs.

He's a flag-waving fraud.

Edited by W. Niederhut