The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah, Ron, I've been following the catastrophic climate news closely this summer, because my sister lives in the Sonora Desert near Tucson.

Obviously, catastrophic climate change is here.

It's extremely depressing-- including the current fires on the Greek islands of Rhodes and Corfu, which I have visited in happier times.

- Donald Trump - 7/26/23

"We’ll have fun on the stand with all of these people that say the Presidential Election wasn’t Rigged and Stollen. THE TRIAL OF THE CENTURY!!!"

Yup. The Presidential Election if 2020 was Stollen all right. They stolle it I tell ya. They stolle everything about it

Stolle it! Stolle it! Stolle it!

I got robed!

Steve Thomas

"Incandescently stupid": Former DHS official says he had to "dumb" down classified memos for Trump
www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/incandescently-stupid-former-dhs-official-says-he-had-to-dumb-down-classified-memos-for-trump/ar-AA1eo7P8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=11cd2bfa52094a04b266206d59d4ea05&ei=13

July 26, 2023

Miles Taylor, who served as chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security under Donald Trump, shared how he often had to oversimply national security reports for the former president.

"This fifty-page memo that we would normally give to any other president about what his options are is something Trump literally can't read. The man doesn't read. We've gotta boil this down into a one-pager in his voice," Taylor told podcast host Brett Meiselas on Tuesday. "And so I had to write this incandescently stupid memo called something like, 'Afghanistan, How to Put America First and Win.' And then bullet by bullet, I summed up this highly classified memo into Trump's sort of bombastic language because it was the only way he was gonna understand," Taylor added. "I mean, I literally said in there, 'You know, if we leave Afghanistan too fast, the terrorists will call us losers. But if we wanna be seen as winners, we need to make sure the Afghan forces have the strength to push back against these criminals.' I mean, it was that dumb and that's how you had to talk to him."

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow!, I was watching tv.  Mitch Mac Connel freezes and has to be taken away to his office, but is apparently ok now?

This is the most honest Mitch McConnell press conference I've ever seen-- certainly less disingenuous than his last re-election victory speech, in which he took credit for establishing Obamacare in Kentucky... 🤥

On a serious note, however, something is seriously wrong with the Senate minority leader.

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of map and text that says 'Texas: Where driving 8 hours isn't a big deal. Copenhagen Kaliningrad HUSSIA Leeds *Manchester KINGDOM Cardiff Birmingham Bornhaim Gdańsk Amsterdam London Bremen LK) Kን Hamburg Berlin Poznah POLAND Wars Lódź Wroclaw Paris Luxembourg Nantes Essen Leipzig, Cologne Bonn GERMANY Frankfurt CZECH CRUBLIC SLOVAKI Bratislava Vienila Budaj ALSTRIA HUNGARY Krak Strasbourg Stuttgart Munich Bern FRANCE L.yon Bordeaux ao Milan, nicee Ejubijana Zagreb Toulouse 300 Kilometers Kenoa Miles BOSNIA AND CROATIA HERZECIOVIN RINO MONACO Europe Size Comparison Sarajevo ITALY Adriatiz'

Ain't it the truth?

I have joked that a person can drive all day in Texas and still be in Texas-- but I think I unintentionally stole that line from Jack Kerouac's book, On the Road.

MAGA pastor Shane Vaughn warns that the new "Barbie" movie promotes "toxic feminism": "If you take your daughters or your granddaughters to watch this movie, you are turning them into the lesbians."

Oh no!

Beware The Lesbians!

Happens automatically, you know.

If I go see Barbie, will I turn into The Lesbians too?

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

MAGA pastor Shane Vaughn warns that the new "Barbie" movie promotes "toxic feminism": "If you take your daughters or your granddaughters to watch this movie, you are turning them into the lesbians."

Oh no!

Beware The Lesbians!

Happens automatically, you know.

If I go see Barbie, will I turn into The Lesbians too?

Steve Thomas

My daughter would have been mortified to attend the Barbie movie with an old Boomer like me.

(She does a hilarious impersonation of Boomers, based mainly on phrases I use around the house.)

Instead, she dressed up like Barbie and went to see the film with some girlfriends.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Harlan Crow, heir to the Dallas-based Trammell Crow fortune. . .

Daniel Strauss/ The New Republic
April 19, 2023
No Labels Took More Than $100,000 From Clarence Thomas Buddy Harlan Crow 

The “nonpartisan” group also relied on Crow—whom it dubbed one of its “whales”—to reel in nearly two dozen other donors from 2019 to 2021.

. . . Crow’s participation in No Labels fundraisers and work expanding the group’s donor network illustrates how even as the group says it is driven only by bipartisanship, in actuality it is eager to associate with donors who like to hang out with powerful conservatives seemingly OK with skirting federal disclosure laws. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/172059/no-labels-took-100000-clarence-thomas-buddy-harlan-crow

The No Labels Scheme: Not Just Dangerous But Undemocratic

The group intends to promote a candidate picked not by primary voters but by elites at a private convention.

AL FROM / The Bulwark
JUL 27, 2023

. . . The presidential primary process is long and grueling. But it tests whether a candidate and his or her ideas can withstand months of intense scrutiny in ways exclusive meetings cannot.

Taking the nomination of presidential candidates away from the voters will not further our democracy. Anointing a nominee at a private convention of self-chosen insiders and donors will produce a spoiler, not a winner.

And—again—a third-party candidate in 2024 would risk throwing the election to Donald Trump, who promises every day to undermine our system of government. No Labels says it wants to avoid that outcome. That’s why it should abandon its third-party effort right now.

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/no-labels-scheme-dangerous-undemocratic