The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Donald Trump takes his last shot.

"Tomorrow is a big day for Democracy. A Leaking, Crooked and Deranged Prosecutor, Jack Smith, who has a terrible record of failure, is asking a highly partisan Obama appointed Judge, Tanya Chutkan, who should recuse herself based on the horrible things she has said, to silence me, through the use of a powerful GAG ORDER, making it impossible for me to criticize those who are doing the silencing, namely Crooked Joe Biden, and his corrupt and weaponized DOJ & FBI. They want to take away my First Amendment rights, and my ability to both campaign and defend myself. In other words, they want to cheat and interfere in the 2024 Presidential Election. Nothing like this has ever happened in our Country before. It is strictly Banana Republic kind of “stuff.” These political Hacks and Thugs are destroying our Country. Let’s see what happens on Monday in Judge Chutkan’s courtroom. Will America survive, or not? I’ll be campaigning in the Great State of Iowa, where I am leading by 50 Points!!!"

Just the kind of thing I'd say to someone who has the power to put me in jail.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald Trump takes his last shot.

"Tomorrow is a big day for Democracy. A Leaking, Crooked and Deranged Prosecutor, Jack Smith, who has a terrible record of failure, is asking a highly partisan Obama appointed Judge, Tanya Chutkan, who should recuse herself based on the horrible things she has said, to silence me, through the use of a powerful GAG ORDER, making it impossible for me to criticize those who are doing the silencing, namely Crooked Joe Biden, and his corrupt and weaponized DOJ & FBI. They want to take away my First Amendment rights, and my ability to both campaign and defend myself. In other words, they want to cheat and interfere in the 2024 Presidential Election. Nothing like this has ever happened in our Country before. It is strictly Banana Republic kind of “stuff.” These political Hacks and Thugs are destroying our Country. Let’s see what happens on Monday in Judge Chutkan’s courtroom. Will America survive, or not? I’ll be campaigning in the Great State of Iowa, where I am leading by 50 Points!!!"

Just the kind of thing I'd say to someone who has the power to put me in jail.

Steve Thomas

She has a sense of humor.

As described by Politico's Josh Gerstein, Lauro tried to argue that no new restrictions on Trump's ability to publicly discuss the criminal charges being leveled against him were needed on the grounds that the ones already put in place are "working."

According to Gerstein, Chutkin "literally [laughed] in his face" in response and said, "I have to take issue with you, Mr. Lauro."

|https://www.rawstory.com/trump-gag-order-2665979403/

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

There, certainly, should be similar Trump gag orders in place in Fulton County, Georgia, and in the Fort Pierce classified records case.

I can't picture Judge Aileen Cannon issuing a gag order in Fort Pierce, but, hopefully, the judge in Fulton County will impose one.

Sociopaths like Donald Trump need strict limit-setting.

There's no difference between the ridiculously L00ny toon lies coming out of the Traitor in Chief's office and the batsh*t crazy propaganda lies you hear from the Kremlin. No difference. None.

"A Trump spokesperson later called the decision “an absolute abomination,” claiming it was “another partisan knife struck in the heart of our Democracy by Crooked Joe Biden, who was granted the right to muzzle his political opponent, the leading candidate for the Presidency in 2024, and the most popular political leader in America.” "

I like Biden's rhetoric about the Israeli War up to now. They are the only Democracy in the region, and that does mean something, But for decades the Israeli's have economically squeezed the Gaza strip, just dribbling in sustenance.

Now Biden's bringing in military ships and fighter jets? Maybe that's  sound strategic posturing, but I'm not sure, we'll see.

Blinken has already been there twice and now Biden's going next week?

It's important that our primary message is to remove all innocent civilians. Maybe the U.N.could get involved, but it's got to start quick!

This is a powder keg. If the U.S. is seen to be behind a situation that devolves into more prolonged destruction and loss of human life. The U.S. will suffer a major loss of credibility on the world scene that will last for years and for who, Netanyahu?

We have to start talking as peacemakers, not just to get our citizen's out in one piece!

A lot of things could turn from this. As far as the 2024 election. It's good for Biden that this is happening now and not 6 months from now. 

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

We have to start talking as peacemakers

I think that is precisely why Blinken has been visiting every country in the region, and why Biden is coming tmrw.

I believe Israel was ready to reduce the entire Gaza Strip to dust and rubble, and it is the Biden Admin that prevented that disaster.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:27 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Walt is still 4th on the team in yards per carry I read today.  4.2 or 3. or more.  

Dick Butkus told him words to the effect of if you come my way again I'm going to eat you up.  Walt said that'll be the first time you ever had any brains in your head.

Butkus actually said I'm going to bite your head off, per Walt.  Did not know this, seven days apart.

Dick Butkus, Hall of Fame linebacker for Chicago Bears, dies - ESPN

20 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I think that is precisely why Blinken has been visiting every country in the region, and why Biden is coming tmrw.

I believe Israel was ready to reduce the entire Gaza Strip to dust and rubble, and it is the Biden Admin that prevented that disaster.

I agree Matt.  That is precisely what Biden is doing.  I can't, for the life of me, understand why his poll numbers have been so poor.  

Why it's impossible for right-wing governments to handle a crisis

byThom Hartmann October 18, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/right-wing-government/

“The common denominator between Bush, Netanyahu, and Trump — and all the unnecessary deaths on all their watches — is that all three are corrupt far-right demagogic politicians who put their own personal wealth and power above the good of their nation.

That is, by and large, the norm for rightwing governments worldwide. Because they generally rule against the will of large parts of their populations, they instead spend their time figuring out ways to raid the public treasury or exploit their position in government to hang onto power.”

Steve Thomas