The Education Forum

FINALLY, PROOF: Charles Tracy Barnes was the CIA Chief of Domestic Operations Division, Support!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, George Govus said:

@Robert Montenegro Wish I had a cookie. Best wishes. The forum is better, now you're back.

Thank you, I am flattered to read such warm sentiments. 

And yes, I agree, the forum is better now that I'm back, 😉 

Agree, good thread this. A couple remarks, based on ancestral records and Wikipedia links.

Yes, Barnes wife Janet’s  widowed mother married an Aldrich, whose brother headed Chase National, and whose sister Abbie married JDRockefeller Jr and begat Nelson and siblings. Another relative and  reportedly close friend was Jock Whitney, a very rich and active investor in Freeport. Meanwhile the Chase Aldrich brother (Barnes brother in law) was instrumental in the transfer in the 1930s of $US to Germany and Hjalmar Schacht ( Ilse Skorzeny’s “uncle”), using confiscated Jewish Deutschmarks.

Further, Charles Tracy Barnes grandfather and namesake basically caused the financial panic of 1907, shot himself in the gut and died. The Federal Reserve system was the direct result underwritten by J P Morgan.

And his Army job in c1951 came thru another relative, and his actual performance has always seemed to me to have been sub-optimal. Hardly the one to oversee such an operation.  

On balance, this C Tracy Barnes’ value to any plot was his real and immediate family ties to the real forces in America at the time. For Dulles, Angleton, Helms, and Bissell to act as I believe they did, they had to have had some kind of blank check that perhaps only Barnes amongst them had access to.

Just musing…

Postscript-Burton Hersh seems to have had Janet Barnes as an interviewee for his book The Old Boys. Is he still involved, as he was at a Dallas conference about twenty years ago.

10 minutes ago, David McLean said:

Agree, good thread this. A couple remarks, based on ancestral records and Wikipedia links.

Yes, Barnes wife Janet’s  widowed mother married an Aldrich, whose brother headed Chase National, and whose sister Abbie married JDRockefeller Jr and begat Nelson and siblings. Another relative and  reportedly close friend was Jock Whitney, a very rich and active investor in Freeport. Meanwhile the Chase Aldrich brother (Barnes brother in law) was instrumental in the transfer in the 1930s of $US to Germany and Hjalmar Schacht ( Ilse Skorzeny’s “uncle”), using confiscated Jewish Deutschmarks.

Further, Charles Tracy Barnes grandfather and namesake basically caused the financial panic of 1907, shot himself in the gut and died. The Federal Reserve system was the direct result underwritten by J P Morgan.

And his Army job in c1951 came thru another relative, and his actual performance has always seemed to me to have been sub-optimal. Hardly the one to oversee such an operation.  

On balance, this C Tracy Barnes’ value to any plot was his real and immediate family ties to the real forces in America at the time. For Dulles, Angleton, Helms, and Bissell to act as I believe they did, they had to have had some kind of blank check that perhaps only Barnes amongst them had access to.

Just musing…

Postscript-Burton Hersh seems to have had Janet Barnes as an interviewee for his book The Old Boys. Is he still involved, as he was at a Dallas conference about twenty years ago.

Good post, interesting connections drawn.  The Old Boys is on my reading list.

2 hours ago, David McLean said:

Just musing…

Excellent post. Thanks

9 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

The document in the above link are hand-written notes concerning E. Howard Hunt's superiors between 1962 & 1963, taken during an interview with Mr. Hunt, for the Rockefeller Commission.

image.jpeg

The above link states the following information, which was given by E. Howard Hunt:

QUOTE—

"...Hunt—1962 + 1963

Jan 1962 assd to Domestic Oper. Div. of DDP. handling proprietaries based in U.S. (impact of which is abroad.) Immed. superior was Stanley Gaines was either Chief of Oper or Exec Off of DOD + Tracy Barnes was Div Chief DOD. (Barnes is cousin by marriage to VP Rockef.)..."

—END QUOTE

So, now we have a brand new, follow-up document, indicating that Charles Tracy Barnes was the Chief of the Domestic Operations Division, Support.

Interestingly enough, this debriefing states that E. Howard Hunt had at least one other superior officer in DODS—Stanley Gaines, who Hunt claims was in-charge of companies in the continental United States that were supporting Directorate of Plans operations abroad.

Thanks Mr. Down, for provoking me to search harder and find a supporting document.

Robert, Do we have the IG report that defines Barnes as DOD chief as referenced in Alan Kent's essay published in Coup back in 2021?

I can ask Alan for a link to the document, or you may already have it?

2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Robert, Do we have the IG report that defines Barnes as DOD chief as referenced in Alan Kent's essay published in Coup back in 2021?

I can ask Alan for a link to the document, or you may already have it?

I have heard about this IG report from our own private conversations, but for the life of me, I have never seen it.

I think you'll have to contact Alan.

In any case, we have two, brand new documents, on e from 1962, and the other from 1975, cementing Barnes in that role. 

19 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

I have heard about this IG report from our own private conversations, but for the life of me, I have never seen it.

In any case, we have two, brand new documents, on e from 1962, and the other from 1975, cementing Barnes in that role. 

I'll check in with him.  

The significance is that Barnes as DOD chief has been in the public domain since AT LEAST November 2021 when Alan's essay was published in Coup, and NO ONE in the revered community has addressed it other than you. Kudos!!  

Why has Coup been ghosted by many who purport to be in genuine search of who killed JFK? Barnes has been on the radar of the majority of "the community" for fifty years at least.  We come along and publish that he was DOD chief, AND that he was liaising with project manager Lafitte and the strategist Skorzeny on behalf of CI Angleton ... but that falls on deaf ears for the past eighteen months!

I don't accept that lack of official "authentication" by a paid examiner is the reason. I'm convinced it's something else.

As Dick Russell notes in his limited analysis, only someone directly involved would have been privy to the level of detail revealed in Lafitte's datebook.  

Hank's revelations turned the investigation and the research community on its end.  In time, I have faith those with the integrity they've displayed over decades, will come 'round.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

As Dick Russel notes in his limited analysis, only someone directly involved would have been privy to the level of detail revealed in Lafitte's datebook.  

Well, in a word, it is horrifying that Coup, and the significance of the Lafitte document are being ghosted.

On that note however, nothing would make me happier than to see that blasted datebook authenticated—for whatever it's intrinsic & intellectual value may represent... 

2 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Well, in a word, it is horrifying that Coup, and the significance of the Lafitte document are being ghosted.

On that note however, nothing would make me happier than to see that blasted datebook authenticated—for whatever it's intrinsic & intellectual value may represent... 

I predict if we publish a report by one of the best in the field of document examination, and his determination is that the datebook is authentic —authored by Lafitte and at least one other member of his family, within a twelve month (1963) timeframe (with allowance for aide memoir added in the months following the assassination) — the detractors of Albarelli will cry "SO! WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET THAT POSITIVE ANALYSIS?"

Two qualified professional examiners called to testify in court cases with a lot on the line — mostly financial — have advised me that this is an uncertain "science" and to be prepared for challenge, regardless.

1 hour ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Robert,

IG Report Here - https://www.maryferrell.org/php/showlist.php?docset=1794

Joe

1 minute ago, Joseph Backes said:

Not that I am concerned with the IG Reports, as I am looking thru newly released documents (thanks, just the same) but—

There are nine IG reports on this link.

At the expense of sounding like a lazy good-for-nothing, which IG report is it?

My eyes ain't what they used to be, sonny, been blowed up one too many times in da war.