The Education Forum

Kennedy's Peace Speech and Today

Before anyone says this belongs in the political side, I don't think so.

Some of us think this is one reason JFK was killed.

No other candidate is bringing this up.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what Jeff Sachs says, Biden has not talked to Putin in over a year.

JFK was  talking to Nikita during the Berlin Crisis and the Missile Crisis.

Don't all presidents talk about peace? I mean, what person was ever elected president promising war?

To play devils advocate, wasn't Trumps visit to North Korea an attempt at peace? To cool down tensions with North Korea? Didn't Nixon reach out to communist China to ensure peace and he also ended the Vietnam war? Didn't Reagan reach out to Gorbachev to ensure peace (a follow on from JFKs peace speech promise)? Those were arguably real actions while JFKs peace speech was, well, a speech. 

Why is JFK portrayed as the only president that advocated for peace?

Edited by Gerry Down

17 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Don't all presidents talk about peace? I mean, what person was ever elected president promising war?

To play devils advocate, wasn't Trumps visit to North Korea an attempt at peace? To cool down tensions with North Korea? Didn't Nixon reach out to communist China to ensure peace and he also ended the Vietnam war? Didn't Reagan reach out to Gorbachev to ensure peace (a follow on from JFKs peace speech promise)? Those were arguably real actions while JFKs peace speech was, well, a speech. 

Why is JFK portrayed as the only president that advocated for peace?

A number of Presidents haven't been so pacific.

Reagan invaded Grenada after the Beirut barracks bombing.

GHWB invaded Panama, then launched the Persian Gulf War, after giving Saddam Hussein mixed signals about annexing Kuwait.

Dubya Bush launched the carpet bombing of Afghanistan after 9/11, then invaded Iraq.

I think the issue here with Biden is, why isn't he talking to Putin and endeavoring to end the violence in Ukraine?

On the contrary, Biden continues to taunt Putin, while escalating support for the faltering reconquista.

IMO, Biden and Zelensky should be trying to negotiate an end to the bloody war-- letting Putin have Crimea and a Donbas corridor.

6 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I think the issue here with Biden is, why isn't he talking to Putin and endeavoring to end the violence in Ukraine?

On the contrary, Biden continues to taunt Putin, while escalating support for the faltering reconquista.

IMO, Biden and Zelensky should be trying to negotiate an end to the bloody war-- letting Putin have Crimea and a Donbas corridor.

Too many innocent people killed at this stage. One reason might be that dialoging with Putin now might give some air of legitimacy to him. Might be other reasons too, I don't know. Its a shame Biden cant do something to cool things down rather than funneling more weapons into Ukraine. 

Trench warfare slaughter of a couple hundred thousand fellow human beings in the next few years...is the best option? 

Putin is a war criminal. 

But getting to an immediate armistice is the humane course. 

If one has to talk to Putin to get there, so be it.

Maybe Biden is not up to the job. But Blinken has his marbles. 

This is relevant to the EF-JFKA. 

We have an intel-military colossus less interested in peace than in regime change ops, domestic and foreign---JFK was unable to put the genie back into the bottle, having been assassinated. 

JFK's nephew wants to set things right. 

Has any president since ever made a speech like JFK did at American University?

Am I missing something?

I mean actually accenting what Russia lost during WW 2 and comparing it with an equivalent loss in the USA?

BTW, in his interview with Hannity, RFK Jr.  brought up the fact that the CIA and Biden are still withholding the last of the JFK documents.

He even mentioned the number of them and asked: Why, 60 years later.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, in his interview with Hannity, RFK Jr.  brought up the fact that the CIA and Biden are still withholding the last of the JFK documents.

He even mentioned the number of them and asked: Why, 60 years later.

President Biden has done a snuff job on the JFK Records, and then denied RFK Jr. Secret Service protection. 

Simultaneously, the Op Mock'ed media has waged a full-court press character assassination campaign against RFK Jr., and blacked out the JFK Records Act debacle. 

This is waaaayyyy beyond partisan politics.  This is not a partisan political discussion.

This is a discussion of the vast surveillance and propaganda intel-state, and what it is doing in media and politics. 

And even appears to completely control a sitting US president. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

President Biden has done a snuff job on the JFK Records, and then denied RFK Jr. Secret Service protection. 

Simultaneously, the Op Mock'ed media has waged a full-court press character assassination campaign against RFK Jr., and blacked out the JFK Records Act debacle. 

This is waaaayyyy beyond partisan politics.  This is not a partisan political discussion.

This is a discussion of the vast surveillance and propaganda intel-state, and what it is doing in media and politics. 

And even appears to completely control a sitting US president. 

Ben,

When I raised the issue here of Operation Mockingbird distorting and suppressing coverage of JFK Revisited two years ago, you expressed skepticism about Mockingbird's existence.

Now you have finally discovered Mockingbird, and you are using the concept to reinforce your erroneous paradigms about America's partisan political conflicts in the 21st century.

You're like the proverbial man who finds a hammer and thinks everything is a nail.

See if you can figure out which political party in the U.S. today is, in fact, predicated on blind loyalty to an authoritarian wannabe dictator (and compromised puppet of an actual Kremlin dictator.)

(Hint: They're the guys who attacked Congress to overturn the results of an election.)

Mockingbird does not have to control certain aspects of the press.

Certain aspects they are fine with.

What they try and do is control the MSM and make it stay in certain boundaries.

A famous example being Gary Webb's story on CIA and cocaine.

Mockingbird does not have to control certain aspects of the press.

Certain aspects they are fine with.

A famous example being Gary Webb's story on CIA and cocaine.

Exactly.

Only act aggressively when certain estabishment threat news starts to get legs.

Keeping an eye out for some major media news editor who decides to go rogue.

Don't hold your breath.

23 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

A number of Presidents haven't been so pacific.

Reagan invaded Grenada after the Beirut barracks bombing.

GHWB invaded Panama, then launched the Persian Gulf War, after giving Saddam Hussein mixed signals about annexing Kuwait.

Dubya Bush launched the carpet bombing of Afghanistan after 9/11, then invaded Iraq.

William - is that a turn around position for you? In any case I agree, and have been repeating here and elsewhere usually to the chagrin of whomever I’m talking to. Do you agree that a deal was in reach early, when the former Israeli PM stepped in to negotiate?