The Education Forum

Sean Fetter's new book on the JFK assassination posits that Lyndon Johnson micromanaged the JFK assassination!

Sean Fetter, who has been a "telephone friend" of mine for about 12 years, has written a historically significant book on the JFK assassination. By the way, I should mention that I have the book (it took a full month for the hardcover book to get to me) and furthermore it is very doubtful that I will end up agreeing with everything in this book (that is true with every book that I have on the JFK assassination). I have not read the entire book as of 12/17/2023 but I know a lot about what is in it.

Sean Fetter's blockbuster book is called Under Cover of Night: the United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy and you can buy it on Amazon. The reason this book is so historically important is that Fetter tracked down and interviewed many Air Force men who were on duty on the day of the JFK assassination. Some of Fetter's never before released interviews occurred as early as 1993 and 1994 and they continued into the 2000's. Fetter went to Maxwell Air Force based and looked up the rosters of the Air Force squads on duty at the time of the JFK assassination. Fetter also got himself invited to a "SAM FOX" Air Force Reunion (around 1993 or 1994) which is a reunion of Air Force men who have worked on Air Force One, the presidential plane.

Here is the web link to Volume 1 of Fetter's book: Under Cover of Night: The United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Fetter, Sean: 9798218283506: Amazon.com: Books

Here is volume 2 of Fetter's book: Under Cover of Night (Volume II of II): The United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Fetter, Sean: 9798218306403: Amazon.com: Books 

Both books are about 500 pages long and the second book and the index to both books is in the back of the second volume.

Fetter interviewed a bunch of Air Force men who were on Air Force One and Air Force Two (and other key places) on the day of the JFK assassination. These interviews are extremely important and worth the price of admission which is $45 each for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 of Fetter's book. There is much primary research material on both of these volumes that is found nowhere else in the JFK assassination research.

Now for the downside of this 1,000 page two volume book: Fetter spends page after page bragging how smart he is and how it was he, and no one else, who has solved the JFK assassination. Fetter goes on rants and attacks the government, journalists and academia over the JFK assassination. I happen to agree with most or all these rants but I am much more interested in Sean Fetter's amazing amount of never-before-revealed blockbuster primary research on the JFK assassination. Fetter also has a lot of footnotes that read "Author's exclusive original discovery" which is about as meaningless a footnote that you will ever read. When I read a foot note I want to read exactly where the information came from and not that phrase over and over again.

For decades, Sean Fetter was a close associate of David Lifton (who I was sometimes telephone friend with since about the year 2010). Fetter is extremely bitter about David Lifton and attacks him relentlessly throughout the book. As a member of the JFK research community since spring 2008, I will tell you this: I have heard many nasty remarks about David Lifton! Fetter wastes a lot of the reader's time with his savage, extremely bitter attacks on Lifton. Maybe Fetter should have written a separate book and called it I Hate David Lifton. Lifton was stealing Fetter's research and not crediting Fetter and that certainly will make someone furious.

Fetter also spends a lot of time making, in my opinion, valid attacks on David Lifton's 1980 book Best Evidence. This is because Fetter found new primary research that contradicts many of the things David Lifton (and Patricial Lambert) were proposing in Best Evidence. Lifton admitted to Fetter that Patricia Lambert co-wrote Best Evidence.

Fetter has some great Air Force quotes about Lyndon Johnson. There is the time that LBJ hit an Air Force radio operator in the face. Another time a drunk president LBJ is crawling down the aisle of Air Force One wearing only his underwear and cussing out the Air Force personnel on the plane while he is doing this. Fetter thinks that LBJ was on the verge of about to fly to Mexico in the immediate wake of the JFK assassination.

Fetter implies that Clint Hill was involved in the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks that Secret Service agent Roy Kellerman was involved in the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks that Dr. George Burkley was involved in the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks the Zapruder film was altered on the night of the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks that all shots to JFK came from the front (I completely disagree with this!). Fetter thinks that LBJ's Secret Service agent Rufus Youngblood was involved in the JFK assassination (I happen to agree with this based on Sen. Ralph Yarborough's comments about LBJ and Youngblood listening to a walkie talkie or radio turned down low as LBJ was in the motorcade in Dallas as well as Youngblood's de facto running of the Secret Service after the JFK assassination).

I have known Sean Fetter (over the phone but not in person) for about 12 or 13 years. I have found him to be extremely intelligent and opinionated. He can definitely argue and debate the facts of the JFK assassination case whether you agree with him or not on various points.

Fetter told me that he used to go to JFK assassination conferences in the 1990s but then decided that his time was better spend doing some extremely valuable primary research into the JFK assassination.

Fetter, in my opinion, has proven that two coffins were loaded on Air Force One at Love Field; he does this by 2 eyewitness interviews. Fetter has proven that JFK's body was not taken to Bethesda by the helicopter that briefly landed near Air Force One at Andrews Air Force base (Fetter and Lifton interviewed the helicopter pilot.)

As a reader, I don't care to read about Fetter bragging page after page how smart he is and how he has solved the JFK assassination. (Fetter in fact is quite intelligence and articulate). I don't care to read Fetter's rants on various topics (even if I agree with them, it wastes my time). As a reader I don't care to read about Fetter's savage and non-relenting personal attacks on David Lifton. Multiple times he calls David Lifton a criminal. It is like Fetter is stabbing Lifton's corpse over and over with an ice pick.

There is page after page of this garbage in Fetter's book. Now, listen carefully, in the midst of all this absolute garbage that will waste your time, there is an absolute motherlode of golden primary research and interviews of Air Force personnel relating to the JFK assassination that has never been revealed before which is why Fetter's book is a MUST BUY and a MUST READ on the topic of the JFK assassination. There is page after page of primary research and extremely valuable interviews that is now on the historical record for the first time in Fetter's book Under Cover of Night. Lyndon Johnson gets a richly deserved kick in the stomach.

Sean Fetter has been intensely researching the JFK assassination since 1983. He is intelligent and very articulate and he has made a significant contribution to the field of JFK assassination. I happen to agree with Fetter's contention that Lyndon Johnson orchestrated the JFK assassination. Btw, David Lifton also felt that Lyndon Johnson orchestrated the JFK assassination as he told me many times in his later years before he passed away recently.

In my opinion, Sean Fetter's Under Cover of Night, despite its flaws, is the book of the year for the 60th anniversary of the JFK assassination and it is quite historically significant.

4 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

Sean Fetter, who has been a "telephone friend" of mine for about 12 years, has written a historically significant book on the JFK assassination. By the way, I should mention that I have the book (it took a full month for the hardcover book to get to me) and furthermore it is very doubtful that I will end up agreeing with everything in this book (that is true with every book that I have on the JFK assassination). I have not read the entire book as of 12/17/2023 but I know a lot about what is in it.

Sean Fetter's blockbuster book is called Under Cover of Night: the United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy and you can buy it on Amazon. The reason this book is so historically important is that Fetter tracked down and interviewed many Air Force men who were on duty on the day of the JFK assassination. Some of Fetter's never before released interviews occurred as early as 1993 and 1994 and they continued into the 2000's. Fetter went to Maxwell Air Force based and looked up the rosters of the Air Force squads on duty at the time of the JFK assassination. Fetter also got himself invited to a "SAM FOX" Air Force Reunion (around 1993 or 1994) which is a reunion of Air Force men who have worked on Air Force One, the presidential plane.

Here is the web link to Volume 1 of Fetter's book: Under Cover of Night: The United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Fetter, Sean: 9798218283506: Amazon.com: Books

Here is volume 2 of Fetter's book: Under Cover of Night (Volume II of II): The United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy: Fetter, Sean: 9798218306403: Amazon.com: Books 

Both books are about 500 pages long and the second book and the index to both books is in the back of the second volume.

Fetter interviewed a bunch of Air Force men who were on Air Force One and Air Force Two (and other key places) on the day of the JFK assassination. These interviews are extremely important and worth the price of admission which is $45 each for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 of Fetter's book. There is much primary research material on both of these volumes that is found nowhere else in the JFK assassination research.

Now for the downside of this 1,000 page two volume book: Fetter spends page after page bragging how smart he is and how it was he, and no one else, who has solved the JFK assassination. Fetter goes on rants and attacks the government, journalists and academia over the JFK assassination. I happen to agree with most or all these rants but I am much more interested in Sean Fetter's amazing amount of never-before-revealed blockbuster primary research on the JFK assassination. Fetter also has a lot of footnotes that read "Author's exclusive original discovery" which is about as meaningless a footnote that you will ever read. When I read a foot note I want to read exactly where the information came from and not that phrase over and over again.

For decades, Sean Fetter was a close associate of David Lifton (who I was sometimes telephone friend with since about the year 2010). Fetter is extremely bitter about David Lifton and attacks him relentlessly throughout the book. As a member of the JFK research community since spring 2008, I will tell you this: I have heard many nasty remarks about David Lifton! Fetter wastes a lot of the reader's time with his savage, extremely bitter attacks on Lifton. Maybe Fetter should have written a separate book and called it I Hate David Lifton. Lifton was stealing Fetter's research and not crediting Fetter and that certainly will make someone furious.

Fetter also spends a lot of time making, in my opinion, valid attacks on David Lifton's 1980 book Best Evidence. This is because Fetter found new primary research that contradicts many of the things David Lifton (and Patricial Lambert) were proposing in Best Evidence. Lifton admitted to Fetter that Patricia Lambert co-wrote Best Evidence.

Fetter has some great Air Force quotes about Lyndon Johnson. There is the time that LBJ hit an Air Force radio operator in the face. Another time a drunk president LBJ is crawling down the aisle of Air Force One wearing only his underwear and cussing out the Air Force personnel on the plane while he is doing this. Fetter thinks that LBJ was on the verge of about to fly to Mexico in the immediate wake of the JFK assassination.

Fetter implies that Clint Hill was involved in the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks that Secret Service agent Roy Kellerman was involved in the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks that Dr. George Burkley was involved in the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks the Zapruder film was altered on the night of the JFK assassination (I disagree with this). Fetter thinks that all shots to JFK came from the front (I completely disagree with this!). Fetter thinks that LBJ's Secret Service agent Rufus Youngblood was involved in the JFK assassination (I happen to agree with this based on Sen. Ralph Yarborough's comments about LBJ and Youngblood listening to a walkie talkie or radio turned down low as LBJ was in the motorcade in Dallas as well as Youngblood's de facto running of the Secret Service after the JFK assassination).

I have known Sean Fetter (over the phone but not in person) for about 12 or 13 years. I have found him to be extremely intelligent and opinionated. He can definitely argue and debate the facts of the JFK assassination case whether you agree with him or not on various points.

Fetter told me that he used to go to JFK assassination conferences in the 1990s but then decided that his time was better spend doing some extremely valuable primary research into the JFK assassination.

Fetter, in my opinion, has proven that two coffins were loaded on Air Force One at Love Field; he does this by 2 eyewitness interviews. Fetter has proven that JFK's body was not taken to Bethesda by the helicopter that briefly landed near Air Force One at Andrews Air Force base (Fetter and Lifton interviewed the helicopter pilot.)

As a reader, I don't care to read about Fetter bragging page after page how smart he is and how he has solved the JFK assassination. (Fetter in fact is quite intelligence and articulate). I don't care to read Fetter's rants on various topics (even if I agree with them, it wastes my time). As a reader I don't care to read about Fetter's savage and non-relenting personal attacks on David Lifton. Multiple times he calls David Lifton a criminal. It is like Fetter is stabbing Lifton's corpse over and over with an ice pick.

There is page after page of this garbage in Fetter's book. Now, listen carefully, in the midst of all this absolute garbage that will waste your time, there is an absolute motherlode of golden primary research and interviews of Air Force personnel relating to the JFK assassination that has never been revealed before which is why Fetter's book is a MUST BUY and a MUST READ on the topic of the JFK assassination. There is page after page of primary research and extremely valuable interviews that is now on the historical record for the first time in Fetter's book Under Cover of Night. Lyndon Johnson gets a richly deserved kick in the stomach.

Sean Fetter has been intensely researching the JFK assassination since 1983. He is intelligent and very articulate and he has made a significant contribution to the field of JFK assassination. I happen to agree with Fetter's contention that Lyndon Johnson orchestrated the JFK assassination. Btw, David Lifton also felt that Lyndon Johnson orchestrated the JFK assassination as he told me many times in his later years before he passed away recently.

In my opinion, Sean Fetter's Under Cover of Night, despite its flaws, is the book of the year for the 60th anniversary of the JFK assassination and it is quite historically significant.

Thanks, Robert. 

With all due respect Robert, that sounds like a whole lot of reasons NOT to spend that kind of money on a book and very few reasons to spend it.  Can you give us something from the book that screams "rock solid evidence of something new and substantive."  Nothing you listed impressed me.

Stu

2 hours ago, Stu Wexler said:

With all due respect Robert, that sounds like a whole lot of reasons NOT to spend that kind of money on a book and very few reasons to spend it.  Can you give us something from the book that screams "rock solid evidence of something new and substantive."  Nothing you listed impressed me.

Stu

Stu, my personal favorite are anecdotes of Lyndon Johnson 1) hitting an Air Force radio operator in the face and 2) crawling drunk down the aisle of Air Force one in his underwear and cussing out the Air Force stewards who were witnessing this tragedy.

In 1993, Sean Fetter decided to "own" the Air Force angle to the JFK assassination. He tracked down the Air Force personnel who were on duty on 11-22-1963 both on Air Force One and Air Force Two and at other locations (Andrews Air Force base being one). Fetter in some cases had extensive interviews with these men who saw both JFK and Lyndon Johnson up close over the years and also on the day of the JFK assassination. No one else in JFK research community or the corporate media has interviewed these men, several of whom were convinced that Lyndon Johnson had just murdered JFK. These men saw LBJ up close both before and in the wake of the JFK assassination.

Fetter proves, with 2 witnesses, that 2 coffins were loaded onto Air Force One at Love Field before the flight back to Washington, D.C.

Fetter also proves that the Air Force on many occasions was flying Lyndon Johnson out to see Bill Sol Estes in Pecos, TX while LBJ was Vice President. LBJ always denied the Estes relationship and now we have a key Air Force person confirming LBJ would fly to Pecos and Billie Sol Estes would have meetings with him in LBJ's plane on the tarmac of the commercial airport there. The grossly overrated LBJ biographer Robert Caro has not mentioned the name Billie Sol Estes in any of his 4 volumes on Lyndon Johnson.

Sean Fetter also did deep interviews of Jim Cross who was LBJ's personal pilot and who was the one flying LBJ out to see Billie Sol Estes, LBJ's gargantuan cash cow. Billie Sol Estes said that Lyndon Johnson ordered the murder of U.S. Agricultural Dept. official Henry Marshall which occurred on June 3, 1961. Local authorities, under the influence of LBJ, ruled the Marshall murder to be a "suicide."

Stu, there is no need for you to buy any book. It's okay and only for those who are interested.

Kind of with Stu on this. If there is groundbreaking research I want to read it, always. But in this case I prefer to wait and let one of the big boys analyze the info therein. 

"Now for the downside of this 1,000 page two volume book: Fetter spends page after page bragging how smart he is and how it was he, and no one else, who has solved the JFK assassination. Fetter goes on rants and attacks the government, journalists and academia over the JFK assassination." --Robert Morrow, describing Sean Fetter. 

Well, of course,.Fetter could be right or wrong, but he certainly fits the bill in terms of the JFKA research community and posting on this forum. 

Invite him forthwith! 

On 12/17/2023 at 6:19 PM, Robert Morrow said:

Fetter also proves that the Air Force on many occasions was flying Lyndon Johnson out to see Bill Sol Estes in Pecos, TX while LBJ was Vice President. LBJ always denied the Estes relationship and now we have a key Air Force person confirming LBJ would fly to Pecos and Billie Sol Estes would have meetings with him in LBJ's plane on the tarmac of the commercial airport there. The grossly overrated LBJ biographer Robert Caro has not mentioned the name Billie Sol Estes in any of his 4 volumes on Lyndon Johnson.

Isn't there any testimony from "anyone" besides Billie Sol Estes and LBJ's personal pilot Jim Cross and that can add verification to this story of LBJ actually flying out to meet Estes in person more than once?

LBJ biographer Laureate Robert Caro can't think of any reason to "even mention Billie Sol Estes" in his entire anthology biography of LBJ?

LBJ'S Agricultural secretary Orville Freeman is knee deep in the Henry Marshall investigation of Estes? Freeman knew LBJ was connected to Estes.

Please.

Edited by Joe Bauer

16 minutes ago, Steven Kossor said:

Appreciate your summary Mr. Morrow.  Best wishes for the Holidays!

Thank you. I now have Sean Fetter's book, both Volumes I and II. There are many things in this book that I disagree with (such as all shots to JFK came from the front) and in the middle of all that is blockbuster new primary research on the JFK assassination that has never been made public before. Additionally, there are valuable insights on the JFK assassination that I have never seen before and that I find meaningful.

Sean Fetter's thesis is that Lyndon Johnson micromanaged the JFK assassination and cover up, which I agree with and that there was also the involvement of the Secret Service and the Air Force and the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the JFK assassination. I consider Sean Fetter's book Under Cover of Night:  The United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy to be a must buy and must read for new primary research on the JFK assassination.

I say that with full knowledge that there are many things in this book that I disagree with and that others will disagree with. The key is to find and accept the gold nuggets in any valuable book on the JFK assassination and leave the rest behind.

In Volume II, Sean Fetter has an excellent interview with Jan Amos on how Air Force General Joseph J. Cappucci had told her and her husband Col. William Amos in a sincere, matter-of-fact manner that Lyndon Johnson murdered JFK. Gen. Cappucci was the Air Force's head of Counterintelligence and was a close friend of FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover. Gen. Cappucci made these statements indicting LBJ in 1969 after Sen. Ted Kennedy's fiasco at Chappaquiddick. 

After ordering Sean Fetter's book, it might take 3 or 4 weeks before the nicely done hardcover addition gets to you, so be prepared to wait a tad.

Agree.

Regards Billy Sol Estes... do you really think that someone who is running a scheme that is defrauding the Federal government out of 10's of millions of dollars a year ( 70 million in today's dollars! ) , and a fellow Texan and whose base of operation is in Texas, is not going to be well known to Mr. Texas himself (LBJ?) 

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Agree.

Regards Billy Sol Estes... do you really think that someone who is running a scheme that is defrauding the Federal government out of 10's of millions of dollars a year ( 70 million in today's dollars! ) , and a fellow Texan and whose base of operation is in Texas, is not going to be well known to Mr. Texas himself (LBJ?) 

Billie Sol Estes told IRS investigator Walt Perry in 1963 that he had given $10 million in kickbacks to Lyndon Johnson

[Gus Russo, Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK, p. 283]:

Walt Perry, an investigator for the Internal Revenue Service at the time, says that Bobby Kennedy was attempting to use Johnson’s legal problems as leverage, should Johnson not agree to leave the ticket voluntarily. Perry was brought in by Willam Webster (later to become the FBI director) to assist in the Billie Sol Estes investigation. He befriended Estes, who, in the course of things, told Perry that he had funneled $10 million in bribes to Johnson. He also related in an anecdote about Bobby Kennedy. Perry recalls, “Estes told me that in 1963, Bobby Kennedy contacted him in prison. Bobby made him an offer, saying, ‘If you testify against Johnson, you’re out [of prison].’ Billie declined the offer, saying, ‘If I testified against him, I’d be dead within twenty-four hours.’”

UNQUOTE

[Gus Russo, Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK, p.283]

Gus Russo footnotes on p. 561 of his book that he interviewed Walt Perry on June 6, 1992.

$10 million in 1960 dollars would equal $104 million in 2023 dollars: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

In 1961 U.S. Agricultural official Henry Marshall was investigating Billie Sol Estes, which really means he was investigating Lyndon Johnson. LBJ, response, had Henry Marshall murdered on June 3, 1961.

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKmarshallH.htm

J. Edgar Hoover on Henry Marshall killing: “I just can’t understand how one can fire five shots at himself.”

Did LBJ order the killing of Henry Marshall? - JFK Assassination Debate - The Education Forum (ipbhost.com)

J. Raymond Carroll said:

John Simkin said:

Even J. Edgar Hoover was not impressed with this theory. He wrote on 21st May, 1962: "I just can't understand how one can fire five shots at himself."

John, can you please give the source for this quotation from Hoover? 

It appeared on a memo from Hoover to Tommy G. McWilliams. It was quoted on page 14 of an article entitled "The Killing of Henry Marshall" by Bill Adler that appeared in The Texas Observer (7th November, 1986).

November, 2023, William Ramsey interviews Sean Fetter, the author of "Under Cover of Night: The United States Air Force and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy. The interview is one hour long. Sean Fetter started studying the JFK assassination in the fall of 1983 - so he has 40 years of JFK research under his belt. I am enjoying reading Fetter's book currently and, no, I do not agree with all of his conclusions. Fetter focuses on the role of Lyndon Johnson and the Air Force in the JFK assassination.

Interesting interview on YouTube above, but - almost as many pats-self-on-back per hour as a certain ex-president.

After finishing listening, it sounds like he's started by interviewing Air Force personnel about what they saw on Nov 22 and built on that and other evidence to a theory of who was behind the plot.   

Some interesting comments in the interview concerning JFK telling some in his circle who was going to kill him, LeMay's actions / inaction, and a claim that considering the goals of the plot as defined in the book that it was a failure.

Edited by Bill Fite
added some comments on the interview