The Education Forum

Pipe the Bimbo in Red

Famous line from Stone's film JFK, scene between Garrison and Andrews.

Taken as title for new book focusing on Andrews.

Review by Paul Bleau, only at K and K.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/pipe-the-bimbo-in-red

The central part of this book is the interview with Dean Andrews III. But Paul Bleau says in his book review that he will not tell us what Dean Andrews III told the authors of the book:

I will not tell you what he has to say because you need to read it for yourself and ponder

Thankfully though, Paul Bleau does make one small revelation about what Dean Andrews III said:

Then they come back and touch on a Dean Andrews’ claim that his father’s hospitalization just before the assassination was due to an attempted murder because of what he knew. What is not asked here, is that if this were the case, did this attempt likely involve the very person who called him to represent Oswald? How Clay Shaw even knew where to reach Andrews is a point that is raised.

Hmmm.

On a separate point, Perry Russo does his credibility no good by on the one hand saying, in relation to New Orleans, that Marina said Oswald was home every night but also that he was away for up to a week at a time. As far as I know Marina has never wavered from her assertion that Oswald was home every night while they were in New Orleans except for the one night he was in jail over the fight with Bringuier.

Paul Bleau says:

Here is what Russo says: “I’m saying that the guy stayed over at this other guy’s house. Well, the wife should know. How the xxxx would this dude, Perry Russo, how would he know? Well, he didn’t. And then she admitted that he used to beat the xxxx out of her, and then run out on her. And he’d be gone for three or four days. And she’s glad to see him go. And she said in 1969, telling her when we were in court, she said that he always was immaculately clean. Well, he wasn’t when he was away from her. He was dirty and unshaven. Well and understandable, because he didn’t bring his shaving stuff. He didn’t bring his deodorant. He didn’t give a xxxx. He was mad at the world. I didn’t get along with him. But I maintain that. I look like the Lone Ranger. No one could believe me. His wife said he slept every night with her. He took care of the kids. He was never dirty. He was always clean and meticulous about his appearance. I’m saying he’s unshaven three days in. Now, that comes out in 1979. He used to beat the xxxx out of her, leave for a week. And all of a sudden, it becomes reasonable that Lee Oswald went over to his friend’s house, Dave Ferrie. Not that far from 4905 Magazine Street, where he lived, with her…in Louisiana.”

If the "Oswald" Perry Russo saw was hanging around David Ferries house for 3 or 4 days at a time, then this person almost certainly was not Oswald because Marina said he was home every night with her, except for the one night that Oswald was in jail. 

Edited by Gerry Down
Grammar

I hope you understand that not even the Warren Commission, or the HSCA bought into Marina?

Most people understand where you are coming from, but Marina? Whew.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Dean Andrews gets a bad rap because of his involvement with Clay Shaw/Bertrand and with the Garrison trial but people should read his Warren Commission transcripts! Dude was an early conspiracy theorist! He talks about how Oswald could not have made those shots. How to retain your proficiency in shooting that you have to shoot regularly. My opinion of him changed once I read his WC testimony. He was between a rock and a hard place during the Shaw trial. He was no doubt threatened.

And he told three different people about those threats: Lane, Garrison and Summers.

I find it so interesting that Oswald told him he was being paid to leaflet.

I seem to remember Andrews told Weisberg as well.

Dean Andrews presented a real problem to the myth that LHO was a choir boy during his summer in NOLA.

He might not have known much at all. But he knew enough to explode the myth. And that meant he couldn't be allowed to talk.

I'd like to read the book.  I believe most readers here would agree with Paul and we all, always want documentation.  The interviews mentioned are such.  Though more may be desired in other aspects I've admired the prior works of Don Jeffries and William Matson Law for some time.