The Education Forum

Is RFKjr Angling for a Cabinet Post in the 4th Reich?

Posted (edited)

"Americans are a stupid people by and large.  We pretty much believe what ever we're told."

"The bigger the lie, the more they believe."

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

When you're as old as I am, you can be more philosophical, knowing that you won't have to live through what's coming. (I look at climate change the same way.) I at least have the comfort of knowing that I lived in the best of times.

Ron- Trump is going to lose in a landslide. So don't get unnecessarily worried and enjoy your summer :)

I tend to agree with Matt because Trump is just unwinding before our very eyes.

But will  people see that and come to a point where they finally say "that's enough!'? "

I don't think any of the RK cult here are going to budge!.

I thought we were getting another day away from the political discussions because Ron liked Cliff's Twilight Zone piece.  Which was great. I didn't recall that older guy goading on the kid like that. What was he, crazy?

(That guy for some reason reminded me of Gary Shandling later.)

It did have a good ending with that  woman therapist, was she?

time-to-see-who-is-behind-this-v0-xjbw0p

31 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ron- Trump is going to lose in a landslide.  :)

Not according to any poll that I've seen. They're running neck and neck. And now with RFK Jr., the black professor (is that what he is?) whose name escapes me, and the Stein woman (what does she do besides run for president?) determined to take votes away, I don't see much basis for optimism. Everyone knows what Trump is and too many people don't care. In fact, two or three more Trump indictments or even just one conviction and Biden might as well concede.

Ron, I feel the same way after hearing Matt's predictions that I use to feel hearing Michael Cohen on MSNBC. Both are supremely confident that Trump can't win and will end up in jail. I'm not sure if Cohen still feels that way anymore because I don't  see him as much. I did ask Matt why he was so confident. I suggested my hope was that Trump  would fly so far off the deep end,(which he seems to be doing)that everybody would finally recognize that. He didn't respond. It sounds like I'm like you in that I don't have near the faith in the intelligence of the average American that Matt has.

But on the other hand, I do think now that Biden has woken from hibernation, the ads he's running I think are pretty effective and I think the ace in hole  for the Democrats is the Dobb' s  decision. That's a total loser for the Repubs that the Dems can keep pounding home.

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I did ask Matt why he was so confident. I suggested my hope was that Trump  would fly so far off the deep end,(which he seems to be doing)that everybody would finally recognize that. He didn't respond.

Kirk- sorry, I must have missed that question, but I've expounded pretty thoroughly over in the Coolers thread that based on the results/data I saw in all the primary elections that Trump is going to lose. I've also posted quite a bit on why the polls are no longer something that aligns with reality, and the data which backs up that view.

Ok, to clarify, so Biden for say the last year has always been  leading by a landslide and none of the polling is accurate so we will never know the true count until election day, and that will be a landslide for Biden?

So if we assume the 2020 election was accurate, which I do. Biden won 81 to 74 million. Was that by your definition, a landslide?

6 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ok, to clarify, so Biden for say the last year has always been  leading by a landslide and none of the polling is accurate so we will never know the true count until election day, and that will be a landslide for Biden?

So if we assume the 2020 election was accurate, which I do. Biden won 81 to 74 million. Was that by your definition, a landslide?

No, I don't think of that as a landslide :)

The prediction I made in the Coolers thread last Fall was that in 2024 Trump would lose 30 states and lose the popular vote by 12-15 million votes. I'm still sticking with that prediction.

Ok, I could see a situation  where we will look back at now as the period where Trump "peaked." In that situation i might think that Trump falls about 4% behind Biden and it stays steady and he never catches up.

That to me is the good realistic situation.

To distinguish what I think from Ron, I think if the election were held today. Biden would squeak by.

In order to have Biden win the election by 12-15 million votes, which I would love.  I think it would be an existential moment of the "king has no clothes", a mass realization and awakening from a slumber, and a complete burnout on Trump.  I would of course, welcome that.

If that were to happen in the next 4 months, which ironically from your perspective would be as result of polling! Under normal circumstances, the RNC under such a collapse could turn 180 degrees against him, even in the last moments before a nominating convention. If not  for the fact, that he completely controls the RNC  now.     heh heh

That's how much every politician from each party respects polling. Some polls are better than others. Polls a year out say nothing.

The reason for this is the average dimwitted unaligned voter is unsure, and has a lot of peer pressure anxiety, and sees being asked for how he'll vote as I see doing my taxes. He puts it off and just follows a sort of, in this case MSM message about inflation, and joins the crowd and adopts the biggest complaint going on. Don't be surprised if oil keeps going up.

As I mentioned in the cooler  the best polls in the 2016, said Hilary was up by 1.5 % but within the margin of error. That is exactly the margin of Hilary's popular victory. But no one was asking about the electoral  college  as if that could never happen again!    duh!

Kirk- the polling industry is broken; it doesn't work anymore. The evidence for that is in all the data we saw from the primary elections that we just had; the polling was universally bad, wrong to the extent that final results were on average 10 points worse for Trump than what the polls had predicted.

There is no way to accurately poll the electorate anymore. Landlines have all but disappeared, and the types of people that answer their cell phones from a stranger do not represent the majority of Americans. Online polls are not trustworthy because identities can be easily spoofed.

One recent big-name poll that was done required 100,000 calls before receiving 950ish responses that could be used.

That's not scientific or accurate. It's garbage. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/12/upshot/midterms-polling-phone-calls.html

iowa polls.jpg

Edited by Matt Allison

Ok, right now the good polls are showing the margins to be pretty even, and you're Biden up 12- 15 million. i think most political experts would say you're betting on a sea change.  But I see the direction now as Biden.

So we'll see on Nov. 5th.

Here's RFKjr pimping another right-wing narrative:

You’ll Never Guess What RFK Jr. Says Really Causes Mass Shootings

https://newrepublic.com/post/180434/rfk-guns-kill-people-antidepressants

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has a reputation for promoting pseudoscience. But in a recently surfaced interview, Kennedy makes one of his wildest claims yet: that the rise in mass shootings over the past 20 years is due to antidepressants and video games. </q>

Video games are popular in Iceland.

https://www.statista.com/outlook/dmo/digital-media/video-games/iceland

So are anti-depressants.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/mindset/2024/1/14/why-are-antidepressants-so-popular-in-iceland#:~:text=Iceland is known for its,highest rate of antidepressant use.

So are guns.

3 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Here's RFKjr pimping another right-wing narrative:

You’ll Never Guess What RFK Jr. Says Really Causes Mass Shootings

https://newrepublic.com/post/180434/rfk-guns-kill-people-antidepressants

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has a reputation for promoting pseudoscience. But in a recently surfaced interview, Kennedy makes one of his wildest claims yet: that the rise in mass shootings over the past 20 years is due to antidepressants and video games. </q>

Video games are popular in Iceland.

https://www.statista.com/outlook/dmo/digital-media/video-games/iceland

So are anti-depressants.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/mindset/2024/1/14/why-are-antidepressants-so-popular-in-iceland#:~:text=Iceland is known for its,highest rate of antidepressant use.

So are guns.

Cliff,

RFK, Jr. reminds me of some addicts I have worked with-- or heard about-- who are hostile to psychopharmaceuticals.  There is a subset of recovering addicts who used to harass my former patients in AA or NA for taking antidepressants or mood stabilizers (for depression and bipolar disorder.)

Ironically, RFK, Jr. has injected heroin and anabolic steroids, while advising people to avoid vaccines and antidepressants.  He's an ignoramus who thinks he's a genius.

I also noticed-- while watching the documentary, JFK Revisited-- that RFK, Jr. needs psychotherapy.  He was so overwhelmed with grief while talking about the murders of his father and uncle that he couldn't even speak-- more than 50 years after the incidents.

That's an obvious sign of a person who has avoided working through their PTSD issues in psychotherapy.

My hunch is that he has avoided working through his grief for 60 years, while taking recreational drugs and acting out his unresolved rage in public-- e.g., toward doctors and other perceived malefactors.

Edited by W. Niederhut