The Education Forum

Absolute proof that both Lyndon Johnson and his Secret Service agent Rufus Youngblood were involved in the JFK assassination

21 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Other than Jim Marrs interview of Senator Yarborough mentioned above from Crossfire the only thing I remember reading about this if from Joseph McBride's Into The Nightmare and his June 24, 1988 interview of Yarborough. From pages 387-388.

Youngblood's 1964 Warren Commission testimony contained significant qualifiers.  He said after hearing the first shot and seeing unusual crowd movement as well as movement in the Secret Service follow up car behind the president's limousine, "I turned around and hit the Vice President on the shoulder and hollered, get down, then looked around again and saw more of this movement, and so I proceeded to do to the back seat and get on top of him.  I then heard two more shots.  But I would like to say this.  I would not be positive that I was on that back seat before the second shot.  But the Vice President himself said I was".  Asked to describe his movements further, Youngblood added another qualifier" "Well, the Vice President says that I vaulted over.  It was more of a stepping over.  And then i sat on top of him, he being crouched down somewhat."

Yarborough scoffed at that story.  He said Youngblood never left the front seat.  The back seat was so full . . .  Yarborough's description of Johnson's reaction after the shots were fired is suggestive:

Absolutely motionless.  Said nothing.  You know the tale Johnson liked to tell about Youngblood, the Secret Service man, jumping over the front seat when the shots were fired and shielding him with his body?  Well, that's as big a cock-and-bull tale as the time he told the Marines in Da Nang that his great-grand father had fought at the Alamo.  [Actually Johnson told servicemen in Camp Stanley in Korea, "My great-great-grandfather died at the Alamo."]  Youngblood never jumped over the seat.  Johnson sat there stoically.  The only time they moved was when we were going through the Tripple Overpass, and Youngblood leaned over the seat - - he had a small radio receiver in his hand - - and Johnson leaned over, they were about six inches apart, and they listened to some transmission together on the radio.

I asked them what happened, and they didn't say anything. . . .  They knew damn well what had happened, because when the cars pulled up at the hospital, the Secret Service men swarmed all around Johnson, and one of them said, "Mr. President."  They left Mrs. Kennedy alone in the car with the body, grieving over it.  They knew he was dead instantly, because his head was blown off.  Mrs. Kennedy was holding onto him and wouldn't let him go until they put a suit coat around him to cover his head [Secret Service Agent Clint Hill did that].  

Thank-you. That is very helpful.

Note the Secret Service guys calling LBJ "Mr. President" immediately as LBJ arrived at Parkland.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Other than Jim Marrs interview of Senator Yarborough mentioned above from Crossfire the only thing I remember reading about this if from Joseph McBride's Into The Nightmare and his June 24, 1988 interview of Yarborough. From pages 387-388.

Youngblood's 1964 Warren Commission testimony contained significant qualifiers.  He said after hearing the first shot and seeing unusual crowd movement as well as movement in the Secret Service follow up car behind the president's limousine, "I turned around and hit the Vice President on the shoulder and hollered, get down, then looked around again and saw more of this movement, and so I proceeded to do to the back seat and get on top of him.  I then heard two more shots.  But I would like to say this.  I would not be positive that I was on that back seat before the second shot.  But the Vice President himself said I was".  Asked to describe his movements further, Youngblood added another qualifier" "Well, the Vice President says that I vaulted over.  It was more of a stepping over.  And then i sat on top of him, he being crouched down somewhat."

Yarborough scoffed at that story.  He said Youngblood never left the front seat.  The back seat was so full . . .  Yarborough's description of Johnson's reaction after the shots were fired is suggestive:

Absolutely motionless.  Said nothing.  You know the tale Johnson liked to tell about Youngblood, the Secret Service man, jumping over the front seat when the shots were fired and shielding him with his body?  Well, that's as big a cock-and-bull tale as the time he told the Marines in Da Nang that his great-grand father had fought at the Alamo.  [Actually Johnson told servicemen in Camp Stanley in Korea, "My great-great-grandfather died at the Alamo."]  Youngblood never jumped over the seat.  Johnson sat there stoically.  The only time they moved was when we were going through the Tripple Overpass, and Youngblood leaned over the seat - - he had a small radio receiver in his hand - - and Johnson leaned over, they were about six inches apart, and they listened to some transmission together on the radio.

I asked them what happened, and they didn't say anything. . . .  They knew damn well what had happened, because when the cars pulled up at the hospital, the Secret Service men swarmed all around Johnson, and one of them said, "Mr. President."  They left Mrs. Kennedy alone in the car with the body, grieving over it.  They knew he was dead instantly, because his head was blown off.  Mrs. Kennedy was holding onto him and wouldn't let him go until they put a suit coat around him to cover his head [Secret Service Agent Clint Hill did that].  

Youngblood had to be a yes man, kisser upper, brown noser to advance under LBJ.   

Despite comparisons made of LBJ and Shakespeare's Macbeth, it's difficult to believe the assassination came upon Johnson out of a mist.  He may have been visited by three old crones, but sequentially, and they wore narrow neckties.

I believe that in a testimony, Youngblood said that he “didn’t remember” vaulting into the back seat, but that “Johnson said he did.” Which is true. Youngblood didn’t remember because he didn’t do it, and Johnson did say that he had done it. Willing dissemination. That said, the motivation may have been to hide Johnson’s “participation” in the assassination, but to hide the SS Keystone Cops type of response to the attack—which included the slow responses by most of the JFK (hungover) protective agents and the AR-15 slam fire accident. So the Youngblood fiction was added to the Clint Hill true-life bravery (not that Hill was all that honest in his accounts of the assassination—my documentary has a video of various Hill interviews in which he gives inconsistent descriptions of the head wound, including his saying “rear” of the head while indicating the front of the head, or sometimes correctly indicating the back of the head blow out, or sometimes saying “above the ear”—not exactly the most honest person) in order to keep the Agency from looking like total morons.

The AR-15 accident also explains why LBJ didn’t want too many “trigger happy” (LBJ’s description) SS agents surrounding him. I keep coming back to how shocked LBJ was immediately after the shooting, when he was brought into Parkland Hospital.

LBJ was an ass, by all accounts, and may or may not have had anything to do with the motivation behind Oswald or other suspicious dealings, but his Civil Rights Act was a good thing—although that may have been politically motivated rather than morally motivated. But by all accounts, he was genuinely in shock right after the shooting. The words of LBJ’s “mistress” (if she really was) are hearsay and might be revenge for being slighted or something, rather than being true. Or if true, might have referred to something other than LBJ planning to murder JFK—like a plan for political character “assassination” by exposing JFK’s sexual affairs or drug use. 

19 minutes ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

I believe that in a testimony, Youngblood said that he “didn’t remember” vaulting into the back seat, but that “Johnson said he did.” Which is true. Youngblood didn’t remember because he didn’t do it, and Johnson did say that he had done it. Willing dissemination. That said, the motivation may have been to hide Johnson’s “participation” in the assassination, but to hide the SS Keystone Cops type of response to the attack—which included the slow responses by most of the JFK (hungover) protective agents and the AR-15 slam fire accident. So the Youngblood fiction was added to the Clint Hill true-life bravery (not that Hill was all that honest in his accounts of the assassination—my documentary has a video of various Hill interviews in which he gives inconsistent descriptions of the head wound, including his saying “rear” of the head while indicating the front of the head, or sometimes correctly indicating the back of the head blow out, or sometimes saying “above the ear”—not exactly the most honest person) in order to keep the Agency from looking like total morons.

The AR-15 accident also explains why LBJ didn’t want too many “trigger happy” (LBJ’s description) SS agents surrounding him. I keep coming back to how shocked LBJ was immediately after the shooting, when he was brought into Parkland Hospital.

LBJ was an ass, by all accounts, and may or may not have had anything to do with the motivation behind Oswald or other suspicious dealings, but his Civil Rights Act was a good thing—although that may have been politically motivated rather than morally motivated. But by all accounts, he was genuinely in shock right after the shooting. The words of LBJ’s “mistress” (if she really was) are hearsay and might be revenge for being slighted or something, rather than being true. Or if true, might have referred to something other than LBJ planning to murder JFK—like a plan for political character “assassination” by exposing JFK’s sexual affairs or drug use. 

My interpretation of Lyndon Johnson's behavior in the immediate aftermath of the JFK assassination is that he was "playacting" - pretending to have a heart problem or some medical issue as a way of drawing attention away from his participation in the JFK assassination. LBJ immediately and weirdly blamed a communist for killing JFK after there had been so much worry about the toxic and well documented right wing atmosphere in Dallas, TX - https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/lyndon-johnson-at-120pm-was-immediately.html

LBJ was so hysterical on Air Force One, which he insisted on immediately commandeering, that Gen. Godfrey McHugh had to slap Johnson. Gen. McHugh used to squire Jackie around Washington, D.C. in the early 1950's and he had a soft spot in his heart for her. Jackie, for her part, IMMEDIATELY suspected Lyndon Johnson in the JFK assassination as she told her press secretary "Lyndon Johnson did it." [Eddie Fisher, Been There, Done That: An Autobiography, pp. 257-258]

Gen. Godfrey McHugh had to slap Lyndon Johnson to compose him on 11/22/63

But Johnson had no intention of leaving until he was sworn in as President- a needless formality that could easily have taken place at a later time, once everyone was out of harm's way. He had placed a call to Federal District Judge Sarah Hughes, and now everyone was forced to sit in the sweltering afternoon heat- the airconditioning could not be turned on until the engines were started- waiting for Judge Hughes to arrive.

Johnson, meantime, was cracking. General McHugh, who at first had no idea that LBJ was even on the plane, claimed that at one point he discovered Johnson cowering in the closet of the President's cabin. "They're going to kill us," he whimpered. "They're going to shoot down the plane, they're going to kill us all." It was then, McHugh said, that he actually got LBJ to "snap out of it" by slapping him. McHugh, in turn, was observed by others on the plane as dashing up and down the center aisle a half dozen times, wild-eyed and rambling.

Neither man was a picture of composure.

UNQUOTE 

[Christopher Anderson, Jackie After Jack, p. 11]

On the flight back from Dallas, Lyndon Johnson was pounding Cutty Sarks, drinking about "half a fifth" according to Air Force steward Doyle Whitehead. A "half a fifth" is about 10 drinks of that cheap scotch.

52 minutes ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

If that AR-15 had gone off by accident there is not 1 chance in 200 that it would have blown off JFK's head as if picture-perfect assassination aimed, as opposed to the shot going somewhere wild elsewhere.

Therefore, if the AR-15 was the cause of the JFK head shot, it can only have been done intentionally, i.e. an allegation that the wielder of the AR-15 in the car behind JFK intentionally murdered JFK. 

But none of the AR-15 major advocates argue that to my knowledge. You can't have it both ways. Its either one or the other. I don't think intentional murder by the AR-15 is the explanation. Among other reasons it would require the AR-15 to have been aimed before firing, and no witnesses saw aiming. 

This Rufus Youngblood myth was taken care of by Bob Groden in his book JFK:Absolute Proof.

Johnson was upright when the shooting started.  ( see page 272)

12 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

If that AR-15 had gone off by accident there is not 1 chance in 200 that it would have blown off JFK's head as if picture-perfect assassination aimed, as opposed to the shot going somewhere wild elsewhere.

Therefore, if the AR-15 was the cause of the JFK head shot, it can only have been done intentionally, i.e. an allegation that the wielder of the AR-15 in the car behind JFK intentionally murdered JFK. 

Freak accidents happen all the time. It’s in the news on an almost daily basis that somebody or other was the unintended victim of a shooting. In this case, the victim just happened to be the POTUS. The only way to eliminate accidental shootings is to eliminate the guns. No one saw the gun being aimed because it was not aimed. It discharged when Hickey fell over due to the sudden stopping of the follow up car. Plenty of people saw that, and thought that he had been killed, too. Hence the erroneous early reports that a Secret Service agent was also killed during the assassination. The early AR-15 had a flaw in its too- heavy firing pin, which could cause it to discharge unintentionally in a “slam fire” event, especially if sudden movement was involved—like, say, the agent handling the weapon suddenly falling over. Opinions like yours (that it would have to have been intentional if it happened) are part of why it was covered up.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:10 PM, Robert Morrow said:

Johnson later tried to kick Hill, a Service hero, off the detail because he didn’t trust anyone who had been that close to the Kennedys.

I was under the impression that Hill stayed with Jackie when she left the white house.

34 minutes ago, Rich Taylor said:

I was under the impression that Hill stayed with Jackie when she left the white house.

I think Secret Service agent Clint Hill went to work for Lyndon Johnson, who never trusted him, just like LBJ never trusted anyone who was close to the Kennedys. 

On 4/21/2024 at 5:29 AM, Kevin Balch said:

There were several occupants in that car:

1. Vice Presidential limousine - Lincoln - steel grey convertible
    • Herschel Jacks
    • Rufus Youngblood
    • Clifton Carter
    • Thomas Johns
    • Ralph Yarborough
    • Lady Bird Johnson
    • Lyndon Jonson

Did any of the other occupants confirm Yarborough’s account?

My distant memory tells me there were only 5 in the V.P.'s car, Jacks the Highway Patrol driver, Youngblood the S.S. agent in the front seat, Yarborough behind Jacks, Lady Bird centre back seat & LBJ behind Youngblood.

Carter & Johns were in the car behind, seen in the Altgens photo with rear passenger door partly open.

Varsity (Secret Service code name), a yellow 1963 Ford Mercury hardtop:
Joe H. Rich of the Texas Highway Patrol (driver), Vice Presidential aide
Cliff Carter (front middle), Secret Service agents Jerry Kivett (right
front), Warren W. "Woody" Taylor (left rear), and Thomas L. "Len" Johns
(right rear).

Edited by Pete Mellor
info

3 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

My distant memory tells me there were only 5 in the V.P.'s car, Jacks the Highway Patrol driver, Youngblood the S.S. agent in the front seat, Yarborough behind Jacks, Lady Bird centre back seat & LBJ behind Youngblood.

Carter & Johns were in the car behind, seen in the Altgens photo with rear passenger door partly open.

Varsity (Secret Service code name), a yellow 1963 Ford Mercury hardtop:
Joe H. Rich of the Texas Highway Patrol (driver), Vice Presidential aide
Cliff Carter (front middle), Secret Service agents Jerry Kivett (right
front), Warren W. "Woody" Taylor (left rear), and Thomas L. "Len" Johns
(right rear).

Perhaps, but there remains no confirmation that LBJ was listening to a walkie talkie prior to the assassination.

1 hour ago, Kevin Balch said:

Perhaps, but there remains no confirmation that LBJ was listening to a walkie talkie prior to the assassination.

Kevin, there is no 'perhaps' regarding the seating arrangements in the V.P. car or the V.P. follow-up.

The LBJ/Youngblood 'heroic leaping into the back seat story' is a total lie.  The only person in that vehicle that I feel I could trust to speak the truth would be Ralph Yarborough.  He stated that LBJ was hunched forward listening to Youngblood's radio.  He also observed Gordon Arnold having hit the ground on the knoll & said he could smell gunpowder when the car was level with the knoll, adding, "he didn't think that possible if the shot came from the 6th floor of the TSBD." 

Sure, there was no love lost between LBJ, Connally and Yarborough and LBJ was hassling JFK that morning in the Hotel Texas to not travel with Yarborough.  Was he trying to have Yarborough in the presidential limousine?

4 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Agreed. There is no confirmation OTHER than Sen. Ralph Yarborough that LBJ and his personal Secret Service agent Rufus Youngblood were listening to a walkie talkie turned down low mere moments before a bullet or bullets blow off JFK's head.

It is just the word of Sen. Ralph Yarborough and I think he is credible.