The Education Forum

The JFK Assassination Records Act Discussion

First of all, I think Pat is confusing the extremely important declassified documents about Cuba  with Alfred Hitchcock's classic film from 1959.

Its the Northwoods documents. And those did get a lot of attention when they were declassified. James Bamford of ABC News went on TV and talked about them in detail.

I actually thought the Sec Def Vietnam documents of May 1963, declassified in late 1997, were a bit more important.  But those also got MSM attention in no less than the NY Times and Philadelphia Inquirer and the AP.

Also, the court case in Northern California has also gotten some attention.

But since when does the critical community rely on the MSM for anything? We are supposed to rely on the alternative media.  And there are some outlets there that we could use to trumpet any new discoveries in those documents. I mean the whole point of the success of people like Russ Baker or Patrick Bet David or Joe Rogan is that there has been a tremendous loss of belief by a huge amount of citizens who do not buy the MSM.  And I think one reason for that is the JFK case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

My point was not that the remaining documents are nothing-burgers, but that the vast majority of the public will come to believe they are nothing burgers. 

The Northwest documents came out what? 30 years ago? And yet how many TV shows or history textbooks even mention them? 

Now, in the long run, this stuff is important and may change the perception of what went on.

But the likelihood of a "smoking gun" that will excite the public in the immediate future is next to nothing, IMO. 

PS-

Why the Biden Administration Snuff Job on the JFK Records? 

1. We don't know what we don't know. So we don't know what is in the remaining JFKA Records, or other related records. 

2. We do know there are records related to Joannides stay in N.O. at the very same time LHO was there. This suggests an LHO-Joannides connex, and thus a LHO-CIA connex. Was LHO a witting or unwitting asset? 

3. Even if the JFKA Records are largely unimportant, the spirit of the JFK Records Act is that they should have been released in 2017, when Trump was President. Are we a nation of law, or duplicitous chicanery? 

4. For a long time, I probably felt something like, "Oh, the JFKA Records have been scrubbed anyway." But consider the tenacity, the outright extraordinary effort and legal fiction, the incredible chicanery and underhandedness on exhibition by the Biden Administration, to keep the remaining records secret. Why the snuff job by the Biden Administration on the JFK Records? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul, when someone quotes CV I have to read his junk, which proves to me all over that he is not worth reading.

Rubbish. I would rather not vote for anyone than vote for Trump.

This is a see-through attempt to politicize a legal issue for his own personal agenda.

PS I just got a message from Mark.  He is getting closer for Napolitano.

Stay the course JD.

The tiresome partisan narratives are off base, per usual. 

I support neither major party, and I would pay money to see the JFK Records released. 

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul, when someone quotes CV I have to read his junk, which proves to me all over that he is not worth reading.

Rubbish. I would rather not vote for anyone than vote for Trump.

This is a see-through attempt to politicize a legal issue for his own personal agenda.

PS I just got a message from Mark.  He is getting closer for Napolitano.

I get it. It’s just so tiresome. And I have even at times really appreciated his posts, and would still love to have a drink with him and Cory. And you know I’ve had a few disagreements with you too, but never to the level of disparagement. I’m still hopeful for a lunch sometime. 

There is probably very little, if anything at all, that EF-JFKA participants and moderators agree upon, except that the JFK Records should be released in their entirety.

Suffice it to say the JFK Records Act is marginally in the news again, and the Biden v. Trump debate slated for two days out, June 27, hosted by CNN.

Will the CNN debate host ask about the JFK Records Act? 

Will either Trump or Biden bring up the JFK Records Act? 

Taking odds....

Well Paul, should we meet in San Luis Obispo?

Will CNN ask about Trump's historic January 6th mob attack on the U.S. Congress-- to obstruct the certification of Biden's election?

Will CNN ask about Trump's recent offer to gut clean energy programs for Big Oil-- in exchange for campaign donations?

Will CNN ask about Trump's recent offer to cut more taxes for billionaires-- in exchange for campaign donations?

Will CNN ask about the 2024 Congressional GOP committee proposal to cut Social Security?

Will CNN ask about the 5-4 GOP SCOTUS ruling in Citizens United, allowing unlimited dark money donations to political campaigns in the U.S.?

Will they ask about the shocking Trump SCOTUS ruling overturning Roe v. Wade in the U.S.?

Taking odds...

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

PS-

Why the Biden Administration Snuff Job on the JFK Records? 

Why the Bold Biden Snuff Job bit on your thread's Bold first statement about the Trump Snuff Job?  In the interest of fairness?  Or leading back to the Biden did worse damage than Trump story?  The Trump now says again he will release them, this time, vote for me bit?  I've been trying to ignore much of such.  But this post borders on turning this thread into a Current Politics subject. 

15 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Why the Bold Biden Snuff Job bit on your thread's Bold first statement about the Trump Snuff Job?  In the interest of fairness?  Or leading back to the Biden did worse damage than Trump story?  The Trump now says again he will release them, this time, vote for me bit?  I've been trying to ignore much of such.  But this post borders on turning this thread into a Current Politics subject. 

Ron B-

Thanks for your concerns.

I support neither Trump not Biden for president, although that fact is not relevant here. 

Have you read what James DiEugenio, Andrew Iler and Mark Adamczyk, all experts on the JFK Records Act, have written? Perhaps you should defer to their judgements, on this matter. I do: What the Biden Administration has done to the JFK Records Act is a matter of historical record, and entirely germane to the EF-JFKA Forum.

The JFK Records Act topic easily transcends petty partisan narratives. Some participants may wish to the frame concerns about the JFK Records Act as partisan in nature. That argument is beneath contempt. 

There seems to be an unwise agenda within the EF-JFKA, and that is that discussions about the JFK Records Act, or even the RFK1A, need to be censored, pushed off the EF-JFKA into internet Pluto. 

That is a fine state of affairs: The entirely germane JFK Records Act and the RFK1A (a twin assassination, in the view of most in the JFKA/RFK1A research community) are now "political" topics.

How has this happened? How can such perspectives prevail at the EF-JFKA? Who is responsible? 

Well, we are worlds part on this one. 

12 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Would you care to quote a relevant passage on this thread or in the article that reads like a trump endorsement by Jim? 

An apparent endorsement?  Sure.

"[Adamczyk] now chimes in on what can be done in the presidential campaign to make this an issue. Which it should be."

It is apparent that Mr. DiEugenio thinks the release of the JFK files "should be" an issue in "the presidential campaign."  Trump is running on the promise to release the files.  It's a reasonable inference that Mr. DiEugenio will celebrate a Trump victory given the importance of the issue to him.

Mr. DiEugenio has politicized the issue, not me.  If you find it tiresome you should take it up with him.

Edited by Cliff Varnell