The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

I anticipate members wanting to discuss who this will or should be.  Which is why I'm starting this thread and moving it immediately to Political Discussions.  If anyone decides to start such a thread or attempts to discuss the subject in other posts in the JFK assassination debate don't be surprised when they are moved as well.

Ron,

I'm curious about the nomination process.

It looks like the Democratic "establishment" is lining up behind Harris-- including Biden and the Clintons.

My perceptions of Harris are mainly from the 2020 Democratic primary debates, where she ran a distant 5th or 6th-- behind Bernie, Warren, Buttigieg, and Biden-- before dropping out.

The DNC will never allow a Progressive to become the nominee.

Newsom and Whitmer didn't run in 2020.

There's the horse race, and there's the question; Who would be the best POTUS?

I don't know about the horse race.

Buttigieg would be a good POTUS, IMO, but homophobes won't vote for him.

My opinion last year was that Biden should retire and the Dems should nominate Gavin Newsom for 2024.

But everyone is on a short leash now, and Newsom may not have time to launch a decent campaign.

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Ron Bulman pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic

I'm a "dance with the one that brung ya" and "don't change horses in mid stream" type of person, so normally I would consider replacing Biden as the nominee to be a strategic mistake. And I was rooting for President Biden. I think he has a solid record and I would have gladly cast my ballot for him again. But the debate was a disaster and a change of course was needed.

Hopefully the party will line up to support Vice President Kamala Harris. I believe most people want stability and continuity above all, and a smooth passing of the torch from candidate to candidate would help reassure many people, especially with a unified party supporting them.

I'm guessing Whitmer and Newsom would be the front runners for Harris's VP pick.

The Biden-Harris campaign had $240 million on hand, and that goes automatically to Harris if she's the nominee.  Any other candidate would have to pull a lot of strings to access that cash.

CNN has identified 4 top candidates for VP:  Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona, Gov. Roy Cooper of North Carolina, Gov. Andy Beshear of Kentucky, and Gov. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania.

Out of those four, I think Shapiro and Kelly have the best shot.

I don't think Kamala can beat Trump.  As a California AG, one term Senator and VP she's not real inspirational from the little I've heard her speak.  All the money can't overcome this at this point, no matter the VP.  The party needs an open convention, to find a younger new somewhat fresh face to do that.

I think that is Newsome.  Some national name recognition, the title of Governor of California, twice plus a recall a winner, 62%, 62%, 59%. Him with Cory Booker as an established senator from NJ from the east might win.

Kamala not being the nominee would alienate the black vote, understandably.  Booker would mitigate that somewhat, fwiw,  as trite as that sounds, Love you Cory. It's hard to find this full video anymore, one must be verry specific. But there is something happening in here, beyond Sunset Strip.

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I anticipate members wanting to discuss who this will or should be.  Which is why I'm starting this thread and moving it immediately to Political Discussions.  If anyone decides to start such a thread or attempts to discuss the subject in other posts in the JFK assassination debate don't be surprised when they are moved as well.

Thank you. I was almost scared to go to Education Forum, expecting about 5 completely off topic posts on the 2024 presidential race.

I don't think people have not gotten the message yet: quit posting OFF TOPIC items in the JFK Assassination discussion board!

AND THIS INCLUDES POSTS ABOUT WILLIE MAYS WHETHER OR NOT WE LOVED HIM. And so many other completely off topic threads that some Education Forum members think they can post at will on the JFK Assassination discussion board.

Edited by Robert Morrow

45 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I don't think Kamala can beat Trump.  As a California AG, one term Senator and VP she's not real inspirational from the little I've heard her speak.  All the money can't overcome this at this point, no matter the VP.  The party needs an open convention, to find a younger new somewhat fresh face to do that.

I think that is Newsome.  Some national name recognition, the title of Governor of California, twice plus a recall a winner, 62%, 62%, 59%. Him with Cory Booker as an established senator from NJ from the east might win.

Kamala not being the nominee would alienate the black vote, understandably.  Booker would mitigate that somewhat, fwiw,  as trite as that sounds, Love you Cory. It's hard to find this full video anymore, one must be verry specific. But there is something happening in here, beyond Sunset Strip.

Now that this has been moved to its proper place and not in the JFK assassination board: Kamala Harris has a 100% chance of beating Donald Trump.

Kamala will be performing a LATE TERM ABORTION on the Republican party and I suggest to folks to go to www.predictit.org and bet the house on a Trump presidential LOSS in 2024 because the election will be all about him.

The person who smashes Trump is Michelle Obama.

She beats him in a landslide

But I doubt if she wants to go back to the White House.

If Harris emerges as the nominee, we're going to witness a truly horrific MAGA Sh*t Show of misogyny and racism from Trump, Fox, Newsmax, Breitbart, and Elon Musk's MAGA goons on X-Twitter this summer.

It's going to be ugly-- even worse than the Karl Rove/Limbaugh tropes about "Barack the Magic (Muslim) Negro," Benghazi and Hillary's alleged seizure disorder, and four years of Fox tropes about Biden's age.

The right wing Trump Evangelicals will probably start referring to Kamala as the Apocalyptic, "Whore of Babylon," etc.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The person who smashes Trump is Michelle Obama.

She beats him in a landslide

But I doubt if she wants to go back to the White House.

Hillary.  Otherwise, it seems like both parties are arranging a second Trump admin.

Not speaking from personal taste.

Edited by David Andrews