The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Ron Bulman

If It's Harris. This is what the Dems should have Harris do. PROSECUTE DONALD TRUMP!

First Harris grilling Walrus William Barr about a number of things, including Barr's handling of the Mueller Report.

Russia gate denying Bill Barr worshipers should probably focus on this exchange!  

Yeah fat chance!   coo coo ca choo!

This with Brett Kavanaugh, the problem with this was the Dems sat on that information for 6 weeks, or they could have nipped the Kavanaugh nomination in the bud before it became such a spectacle!

https://youtu.be/qv7_ZmM8BQ0

Harris's grilling of Jeff Sessions

https://youtu.be/mK_HmEFxCpI

If I had criticism of Harris's speeches and delivery, I would say it's that she projects her speech from the roof of her mouth up to her nose giving her speech a nasal twang. As they say, she must project from the diaphragm more!

Otherwise, rather impressive!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Out of those four, I think Shapiro and Kelly have the best shot.

I'm a big fan of Roy Cooper, and the state of North Carolina in general, so I'm biased towards him, but if I was betting real money on it, I'd guess Kelly gets the nod.

It seems Gov. Whitmer is withdrawing herself from consideration. From what I gather, Arizona Senator Mark Kelly and Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro are the frontrunners for Vice Presidential candidate.

That 81 million I think is a leftover from those reluctant to contribute to Biden.

But whatever, its money.

That is too bad if Whitmer pulls out.  She would have been a good one.

Personally, I like Cooper.  North Carolina is a key state.

Edited by James DiEugenio

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

If Harris emerges as the nominee, we're going to witness a truly horrific MAGA Sh*t Show of misogyny and racism from Trump, Fox, Newsmax, Breitbart, and Elon Musk's MAGA goons on X-Twitter this summer.

Is that going to attract female voters and voters of color?

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

It's going to be ugly-- even worse than the Karl Rove/Limbaugh tropes about "Barack the Magic (Muslim) Negro," Benghazi and Hillary's alleged seizure disorder, and four years of Fox tropes about Biden's age.

The right wing Trump Evangelicals will probably start referring to Kamala as the Apocalyptic, "Whore of Babylon," etc.

Right now they're criticizing her laugh and advocacy of paper straws.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

7 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Great observation. I couldn’t think of any potential candidate with a legitimate chance to beat Trump at this point, but Michelle Obama definitely fits the bill. 

If she doesn’t run, and I doubt she will, I think four more years of Trump is basically inevitable. Call me cynical, but I don’t think Harris has any chance in hell. With more time maybe, but it seems like Trump just has too much momentum right now. 

Old news.  Trump's pick of JD Vance and that low energy acceptance speech pleased no one not already committed to him.

The small donor donation for Harris has reached $100 million, plus another $150 million to the main Dem super-PAC.

The Dems have a well-developed ground game, Trump doesn't.

As a betting man, I'd love to get down on Harris (hey, that's a gambling expression, you filthy minds out there.)

26 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

At the Republican convention the MAGA types were measuring the drapes for the White House.

Now they can measure the coffin for Trumpism.

Well, it ain't over until it's over. These past eight years have been full of twists and turns, and these past few weeks have been even wilder, like something from a TV series during sweeps. Everything can turn on a dime.

It's awfully early in the Post-Biden era of the 2024 campaign, but Harris's record fundraising haul is certainly encouraging. It seems that there's some real enthusiasm and cause for optimism.

Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear has emerged as another potential VP candidate. I did not know Kentucky had a Democrat as governor. I've only seen a little of him. He seems to be an appealing young man, and winning in such a deep red state is an impressive accomplishment for a Democrat.

And as Jim D. pointed out above, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper also looks to be a solid choice from another important battleground state.

Also... I couldn't help but notice on CNN this afternoon Maryland Governor Wes Moore dodging the question about being vetted by Harris's team. 

Trump wants to change the venue on the second debate.  To Fox.

Harris did pretty well against Pence, and she insisted he not talk over her more than once.

Trump will not like that.

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Is that going to attract female voters and voters of color?

Right now they're criticizing her laugh and advocacy of paper straws.

Cliff,

I just saw this Rolling Stone article.  Exactly what I was anticipating from the MAGA Merde-verse.  🙄

MAGA Republicans Launch Racist, Sexist Attacks Against Kamala Harris (rollingstone.com)

July 22, 2024

Non-Firewall Summary

'DEI,' 'Colored,' 'Jezebel': MAGA Attacks on Kamala Harris Are Getting Ugly

The right can barely contain its racist, sexist contempt for Biden’s likely 2024 replacement.

In just the past day, Harris has been targeted by resurgent “birthers” who claim she’s not a natural born citizen and by Trumpy Bible-thumpers who claim she’s a biblical “Jezebel” — a reference to a temptress who misled the faithful into idolatry and sexual depravity. GOP Rep. Tim Burchett of Tennessee said that “100 percent, she was a DEI hire” insisting of Biden’s choice of Harris: “When you go down that route, you get mediocrity.”

The attacks from the far right are as predictable as they are distasteful — reflecting a “based” far-right culture that sees unvarnished expressions of bigotry as a virtue. The attacks center on Harris’ race and gender, and frequently include the claim, as Burchett did, that she is a “DEI” candidate. While technically shorthand for “diversity, equity, and inclusion,” DEI has taken on the function of a coded slur that right wingers can now hurl at minorities. (As the journalist Eric Kleefeld puts it: “DEI is pronounced with a hard-R sound.”) While primarily wielded against people of color, it’s also used to attack women and LGBTQ Americans.

Jackson Lahmeyer, the head of Pastors for Trump and a former GOP candidate for U.S. Senate in Oklahoma posted on July 3 on X that “Both Joe + the Ho gotta go.” He responded to critics of his sexist attack with rejoinders like: “The biblical term is whore if you feel safer with that word,” adding that “harlot is also another option haha.”

Both Joe + the Ho gotta go! https://t.co/HQMRnQ52Fy

— Jackson Lahmeyer (@JacksonLahmeyer) July 4, 2024

The Murdoch-owned New York Post dressed up its DEI broadside at Harris in the form of a business column. The author of the book Go Woke, Go Broke, Charles Gasparinio,wrote under the screamer headline: “America may soon be subjected to the country’s first DEI president: Kamala Harris.” Gasparino, whose bio reportedly used to falsely claim that he was a Pulitzer nominee, also took aim at the VP’s intelligence. He called Harris — the Howard University and U.C. Hastings Law graduate, former San Francisco DA, former California attorney general, former U.S. senator, and current vice president — “the most irrepressibly fatuous politician in America,” and claimed her rise to the nomination would only come because the “Democratic Party is unable to break its DEI stranglehold.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/maga-republicans-racist-sexist-attacks-kamala-harris-1235065295/

Edited by W. Niederhut

20 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Cliff,

I just saw this Rolling Stone article.  Exactly what I was anticipating from the MAGA Merde-verse.  🙄

MAGA Republicans Launch Racist, Sexist Attacks Against Kamala Harris (rollingstone.com)

I didn't mean to pooh-pooh your analysis, only pointing out the MAGA act of political suicide.