The Education Forum

The Skorzeny Papers: Evidence for the Plot to Kill JFK

Ralph Ganis supposedly made a presentation at (I think) Lancer. Larry hasn’t posted anything on that yet, and I’m hoping he’ll share his observations.

The author was asked what kind of feedback did he receive from people in the audience ,and his answer was the same as my reaction; SILENCE!  I am blown away by this matter of fact, no holds barred, step by step description of the assassination of John F. Kennedy.  I certainly look forward to what will be posted about this book on this forum.

In answer to Paul's post, certainly Ralph Gainis did present at the Lancer conference - for over an hour -  to a roomful of people.  Ralph's presentation was very structured, he covered his book well and he had clearly spent considerable time developing it for the conference. Stu Wexler and I also had the opportunity to talk with Ralph at lunch one day and at other times. Ralph was very open and we had some great conversations; he offered us access to his own research and we will be taking advantage of that offer as soon as is logistically possible - beginning this month we hope. 

I've read his book multiple times now and have been doing my usual deep diving on areas of context that are called out in it - I've generated about a dozen questions on areas where we really need to be able to dig into source materials to answer questions and Ralph was the first to admit that the method that his publisher imposed on citations made it extremely difficult to get the sort of specificity that many of us would like - hence his offer to work with us.

There are some related areas that I can do my own research in the meantime and I've been posting some of that on my WordPress blog.  Its probably no surprise to anyone that I'm obsessive about due diligence and that's where I am on this at the moment and probably will be for a good many months.  I should note that the book is not strictly chronological and because of that its really necessary to do some work putting all the elements in the right time frames to avoid making mistakes about things, nothing new there but just to affirm that its work that has to be done.

Interesting stuff,  Skorzeny had an amazing career/life.

Bottom line still remains though...Who gave Staff D (W.K.Harvey)  the order for executive action to be taken?

Or did Harvey decide to say to Skorzeny he received orders from above and green lit the plan when no actual order was given to him (was he even still in charge of Staff D section when banished to Italy?).

Effectively who would have had the authority other then the president himself to activate a Staff D operation?

The VP, The Joint Chiefs, The Sec of Defense, The Deputy Director of the CIA , The Director of the CIA, The Head of the Secret Service, A half dozen or a dozen senators knocking on Harvey's door one day???

As far as assassinations go, we have considerable history to show that political assassinations could be directed (or encouraged) by CIA officers at the senior level of the Plans Directorate without higher authority of direction (Tracy Barnes being one example – before his Cuba project fiasco).  Hemisphere level directors could recommend assassination, J. C. King was first to recommend assassination Castro.  Beyond that we know that individual CIA officers within operations could incite and even organize assassinations…we find that from Guatemala to Chile and we also know of some military style project involving surrogates that were conducted by reasonably low level CIA officers. We are learning a lot more about some of those which targeted Castro …well before the Roselli poison effort got underway.  I try to cover those options in my book Nexus but more details are still emerging with further research.

History also shows us that presidents could deniably issue such directives as Ike did with Lumumba and Carter, Clinton and Bush did with national security directives.  In that case CIA simply takes its marching orders and tries to make it happen.

As far as Harvey was concerned, his only known involvement in assassination was setting up the “magic button” program (hidden inside ZR RIFLE among Staff D’s normal dirty tricks such as burglary, safe cracking and strong arm work) which brought in Roselli (previously involved with Barnes) to continue and effort to kill Castro.  We know that he turned to Angleton for advice on that project.  We also know that Angleton was one of the few folks still talking to him after the missile crisis and in the months he was in a sort of limbo before heading off to Italy.  We also know that during that period he remained in charge of Staff D, was copied on communications and met with Roselli and probably others from JMWAVE to officially close down the Castro project circa April, 1963…

So who could have gotten Harvey involved in something that led to the attack in Dallas, as for myself I’m still looking at Angleton.  There was a real bond between the two that lasted right up to Harvey’s death…although I have no doubt that if Harvey decided it needed to be done he was a man who would take the initiative on his own to make it happen.

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

As far as assassinations go, we have considerable history to show that political assassinations could be directed (or encouraged) by CIA officers at the senior level of the Plans Directorate without higher authority of direction (Tracy Barnes being one example – before his Cuba project fiasco).  Hemisphere level directors could recommend assassination, J. C. King was first to recommend assassination Castro.  Beyond that we know that individual CIA officers within operations could incite and even organize assassinations…we find that from Guatemala to Chile and we also know of some military style project involving surrogates that were conducted by reasonably low level CIA officers. We are learning a lot more about some of those which targeted Castro …well before the Roselli poison effort got underway.  I try to cover those options in my book Nexus but more details are still emerging with further research.

History also shows us that presidents could deniably issue such directives as Ike did with Lumumba and Carter, Clinton and Bush did with national security directives.  In that case CIA simply takes its marching orders and tries to make it happen.

As far as Harvey was concerned, his only known involvement in assassination was setting up the “magic button” program (hidden inside ZR RIFLE among Staff D’s normal dirty tricks such as burglary, safe cracking and strong arm work) which brought in Roselli (previously involved with Barnes) to continue and effort to kill Castro.  We know that he turned to Angleton for advice on that project.  We also know that Angleton was one of the few folks still talking to him after the missile crisis and in the months he was in a sort of limbo before heading off to Italy.  We also know that during that period he remained in charge of Staff D, was copied on communications and met with Roselli and probably others from JMWAVE to officially close down the Castro project circa April, 1963…

So who could have gotten Harvey involved in something that led to the attack in Dallas, as for myself I’m still looking at Angleton.  There was a real bond between the two that lasted right up to Harvey’s death…although I have no doubt that if Harvey decided it needed to be done he was a man who would take the initiative on his own to make it happen.

Angleton, with extensive ties to Rome and Italian fascists. Larry - was I correct when I answered another poster’s question by sayi;g that it was Helms who sent Harvey to Rome, without informing RFK? 

I think that is correct Paul,  and it did not happen as quickly as one might think.  In fact Mongoose carried on for a time until it became clear the Russians were going to take out their missiles (over Castro's objections).  By early 1963 it had faded away since the agreement precluded any overt American action against Cuba.  That put Lansdale out of a job and JFK tried to get him a position in Vietnam but both the CIA and State pushed back hard.  As for Harvey, it appears he just hung around the office for a few months, in his former pre-Mongoose/Task Force W role as head of staff D.  Not many folks for him to talk to except Angleton because it was obvious he had no real place at HQ with RFK around.  His assignment to Italy was low key, apparently more in the nature of a reward for service from Helms.

?I'm not dissing the papers or the book.  I've not read it, and he says his thoughts about motive may be questioned.  Which I do.  The powers that be had JFK killed to save the public and the nation of the embarrassment of Bobby Baker purportedly pimping (?) for him becoming public.  That it would give the USSR a publicity advantage?  I've read about Ellen Rometsch before.https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKrometsch.htm

The last two paragraphs of Mr. Simkin's article are of key importance.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Thanks Larry for your reply,

Just on another tangent with the CIA men of Staff D and Counter Intelligence and the deputy Director and the Director of the CIA at the time of the assassination...

How financially wealthy were these guys at the conclusion of their working careers and then into retirement until there deaths. Has anyone ever looked into them or their immediate family members wealth???

My thinking is that these guys were the best and the brightest, they thought and lived lives on another level from ordinary people...BUT they also required money to protect their families and themselves should the need arise......survival and information was the name of the game they played.

If they decided to remove Kennedy, they would have attempted to profit from the course of action they were going to take. They would have known the Mob, the Cubans the Anti Castro Cubans, the Texas oil men, the Israeli's, the Federal Reserve bankers all would profit from Kennedy's death. They (the CIA guys) would have been crazy not too have profited from the executive action that ended up being taken.

Please ....no need to reply they weren't in it for the money it was a sense of duty. 

Regards,

Adam

46 minutes ago, Adam Johnson said:

Thanks Larry for your reply,

Just on another tangent with the CIA men of Staff D and Counter Intelligence and the deputy Director and the Director of the CIA at the time of the assassination...

How financially wealthy were these guys at the conclusion of their working careers and then into retirement until there deaths. Has anyone ever looked into them or their immediate family members wealth???

My thinking is that these guys were the best and the brightest, they thought and lived lives on another level from ordinary people...BUT they also required money to protect their families and themselves should the need arise......survival and information was the name of the game they played.

If they decided to remove Kennedy, they would have attempted to profit from the course of action they were going to take. They would have known the Mob, the Cubans the Anti Castro Cubans, the Texas oil men, the Israeli's, the Federal Reserve bankers all would profit from Kennedy's death. They (the CIA guys) would have been crazy not too have profited from the executive action that ended up being taken.

Please ....no need to reply they weren't in it for the money it was a sense of duty. 

Regards,

Adam

I suspect Kennedy was whacked by guys in the business of running drugs and guns.

Where you have drug/gun running you have guys who get away with murder as routine business.

I'm unconvinced that the Rometsch dalliance, or Kennedy's general sexual voracity, were motives to replace him with LBJ, who (Rometsch-as-agent aside) was no more dependable in that department.  As were any number of period politicians.

As I heard someone say regarding Stephen Ward's trial purveying girls in the Profumo affair: "Magicians have been bringing pretty girls onstage for years to distract from the real focus" (paraphrase).

Edited by David Andrews

Larry Hancock in one of his replies in this topic makes reference to the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

As has been written, what is past is prologue.  Get ready for the 2019+ Caribbean Missile Crisis. This time Russia appears to be in a stronger strategic position.

https://tsarizm.com/news/2018/12/14/moscow-to-set-up-military-base-in-caribbean/?fbclid=IwAR0neSbtHRo-18Krj85lUn5boRgUC0rxJss0P5qkq21PwRiIayCqhA1n0Dw

Edited by Douglas Caddy