The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

6 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Condemn Antifa for what?

It’s a highly decentralized ideological movement, Paul.  

Anti-fascists linked to zero murders in the US in 25 years

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

Donald Trump has made warnings about the threat of antifa and “far-left fascism” a central part of his re-election campaign. But in reality leftwing attacks have left far fewer people dead than violence by rightwing extremists, new research indicates, and antifa activists have not been linked to a single murder in decades.

</q>

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/30/anarchists-and-antifa-not-according-to-the-data/

This may be an area we disagree on. It is true that in modern times anarchists and left wing activists have been far less violent, but Antifa, by committing violent acts against property, gives law and order Republicans and Trump an easy target. You call it decentralized, I call it hidden sponsors. Antifa’s activities only help the Right and hurt the cause they claim to espouse. Know the tree by it’s fruits. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

This may be an area we disagree on. It is true that in modern times anarchists and left wing activists have been far less violent, but Antifa, by committing violent acts against property, gives law and order Republicans and Trump an easy target. You call it decentralized, I call it hidden sponsors. Antifa’s activities only help the Right and hurt the cause they claim to espouse. Know the tree by it’s fruits. 

Paul,

I have supported the Black Lives Matter movement in principle (sans rioting) since the Ferguson disaster, but I agree with your general point about these protests playing into Trump's hands in 2020.  Nothing would undermine Trump's phony "law and order" candidacy more than the protesters taking a break during the next 70 days.  For one thing, Trump wants frightened white people to think that this election is about race and riot control.  (He can't very well run on his COVID disaster and $3 trillion dollar budget deficit for 2020.)

I think it was Martin Luther King, Jr. who once said that a riot is the "language of the unheard."   That, certainly, seems to be the case for the George Floyd/Jacob Blake riots-- so Biden and Harris should try to reach out to the protesters to calm things down, while letting them know that they are being heard, and that constructive reform of America's corrupt, racist police departments will only happen when Trump is removed from the White House to jail, where he belongs.

Not sure whether that is feasible.  How does anyone calm down an angry mob?

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul, how many people associated with Antifa have been arrested for violent acts against property in the last 3 months?  I know there was a group in NYC, but other than that it appears few and far between.

If the “deep state” is sponsoring Antifa violence it’s not getting its money’s worth.

Interesting how this plague journal thread has morphed into a protests/riots theme that Wheeler's trying to dominate.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

Wheeler:the kind of bitterness Kirk gets the ignore button for.

Whose bitter?
 heh heh     To hear Wheeler tell it, he hasn't read a post of mine in 3 months, so why the obsession to talk about me?

Now Raging Queen and crack researcher Wheeler is a Gates expert. While only 3 months ago,  in this clip, he mistook a 50 year Bill Gates with this near college age  actor conveniently just out of range of the camera, supposedly briefing the CIA of his diabolical plot to gene edit all carriers of the gene that predisposes people toward religious belief, and wipe them from the face of the earth! and actually posted it here!
This Gates plot against religion has become Wheeler's obsession as of late, further fueled by Hannity and Trump's assertion that fewer people are saying the word "Christmas" now during the Holidays!

You can't make this stuff up, but actually they do knowing there are Wheelers out there who will snatch it and quickly bring it to us to seek praise, much as a cat may bring a dead bird to his masters to show it's prowess!
heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

In the meantime, the CDC says only 6% of Covid related deaths were Covid only deaths. That is, 94% of the deaths also had a co-morbidity.

Boy are people going to be pissed off when they find out the whole economic shut down was for nothing.

I don't think they are going to blame the Orange man.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/cdc-expands-list-of-those-with-higher-covid19-risks
The agency is 
warningTrusted Source that people with type 2 diabetes, kidney disease, COPD, whole organ transplants, obesity, sickle cell disease, and women who are pregnant could experience more severe outcomes if they contract COVID-19. </q>

Over 30 million Americans have type 2 diabetes.

According to the Yellow-Bellied Jersey Loon they are expendable.

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Nothing would undermine Trump's phony "law and order" candidacy more than the protesters taking a break during the next 70 days.  For one thing, Trump wants frightened white people to think that this election is about race and riot control.  (He can't very well run on his COVID disaster and $3 trillion dollar budget deficit for 2020.)

I agree William, Besides, How far can white protestors realistically  convince people that they are more outraged about racial injustice than the actual victims themselves?

The polls are starting to reflect that. Some would think that with this newest Blake incident of injustice that public understanding for protesting will revive, but that's wishful thinking and it won't rebound to the point it was before.
You may get a very short term bounce. But I agree the best show of unity now would be to acknowledge you're going home for the unity of the country, and to focus their energies toward getting out an expedient timely voter turnout.

Despite a suggestion I heard. I don't think Biden has any power to go there and diffuse it. And I wonder about Bernie's ability to move the needle.

One factor I can't know about is what is the general amount of damage to public property where's there's largely peaceful protest going on in relatively small areas and riots aren't breaking out like they are in Kenosha. But the Dems can't assume to be cool about it forever.

40 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Trying?

Good to see you typed something instead of dropping a link to your bing search; I thought you were a bot.

Yeah trying.  You respond to any post by any others negatively, trying to belittle them.  Tired of your bs,  Never used ignore before but you win.  I'll keep posting about the plague.  I do wonder if you have assistant's, quick as your often long responses are.  Guess I'll never know.

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah trying.  You respond to any post by any others negatively, trying to belittle them.  Tired of your bs,  Never used ignore before but you win. I'll keep posting about the plague.  I do wonder if you have assistant's, quick as your often long responses are.  Guess I'll never know.

Hopefully I'll be in cooler Colorful Colorado by this time next weekend.  105 Thursday, 103 yesterday and today, 101 tomorrow, 100 Monday.  Sucks when the low is 81.  I think that prez theory about the plague going away in the warmer months has fizzled. 

It took our county of less than 40,000, town of 20,000 over four months to hit 100 cases  Now 50 in a week after k-12 starts back and college as well with frat parties.  Real result of that coming in the next week or two.  Meanwhile Football has started and we have Labor Day weekend parties coming. 

I'm still isolating as much as I can and will continue to on my temporary escape.

11 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Then ask them why they don’t put me on ignore. They won’t tell you, but it’s something worth pondering.

When a right-winger declares civil war I’m game.  Hiding behind an ignore button when it’s Game On is sheer cowardice.

31 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

When a right-winger declares civil war I’m game.  Hiding behind an ignore button when it’s Game On is sheer cowardice.

I'm not a coward Cliff.  Tired of wasting time on his bs as such get's old.  Though I do realize such propaganda should be countered.  I feel I'm being baited.  Not biting, playing his silly game anymore.

32 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'm not a coward Cliff. 

I wasn’t referring to you Ron, at all. 

Tired of wasting time on his bs as such get's old.  Though I do realize such propaganda should be countered.  I feel I'm being baited.  Not biting, playing his silly game anymore.

Wheeler picks a fight and then hides behind his ignore button.  Yeah, the whole thing *is* childish, but I can’t help finding it amusing.

Edited by Cliff Varnell