The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

On 8/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, David Andrews said:

Edit is up at the top right in the post, when you click the three dots. (Elipsis)

Thanks, in spite of spell check I Rally need the edit feature.  Even with it I still manage to screw up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Jacob Blake, shot seven times in the back by Kenosha, WI, police, is now paralyzed from the waist down.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/25/wisconsin-police-fire-teargas-during-second-night-of-protest-over-shooting-of-black-man

The WI governor has already called in the National Guard.  Now the mayor is seeking help from the US Marshals Service, claiming that “Essentially, our city was burned to the ground, building by building.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kenosha-protest-riot-fires-car-dealership

It's amazing he's alive.  Still his son's are forever scarred as well as other witnesses.  Almost history now, this is at the bottom of the page on MSNBC if you scroll down.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/who-is-jacob-blake-here-s-a-profile-of-the-man-shot-by-police-in-kenosha-wisconsin/ar-BB18mAET?li=BBnbcA1

You have to look for the riots/burning of businesses in response.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kenosha-wisconsin-jacob-blake-shooting-protest-second-night/?ocid=uxbndlbing

Just remember, as the Republicans said last night, there is no racism in America.

Plague note.  It's too late.  U of Alabama Pres tries to stop the virus with 560 cases in the first week?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/08/25/905992043/university-of-alabama-reports-more-than-560-new-covid-19-cases-in-first-week

Two protesters shot dead by alleged "militia" group patrolling Kenosha last night:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/26/jacob-blake-shooting-gun-battle-in-kenosha-on-third-night-of-unrest

Note to murderous police: Please keep it in your pants to avoid rioting, OK?

In this Kenosha photo, we've apparently gone back to the days of shields with spikes hammered through them, like barbarians carried in 1950s Roman Empire movies.  Perhaps the situation warrants barbarism:

BB18nHCY_img.jpg.081dc58f491dbefda2b5e7d0e31b11f6.jpg

Edited by David Andrews

24 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

In this Kenosha photo, we've apparently gone back to the days of shields with spikes hammered through them, like barbarians carried in 1950s Roman Empire movies.  Perhaps the situation warrants barbarism:

David,

To me, it seems apropos that he's standing next to a garbage dump.

Steve Thomas

11 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

David,

To me, it seems apropos that he's standing next to a garbage dump.

Steve Thomas

Well, the days of the Paris Commune are over, so the barricades have to be made of dumpsters instead of broken horse carts.  I don't deny them their need for barricades.

Still think people don't need shields out there?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/aug/26/donald-trump-republican-national-convention-rnc-coronavirus-covid-19-kenosha-jacob-blake-live-updates

A white, 17-year-old police admirer was arrested Wednesday in the killing of two people during a third night of protests in Kenosha over the police shooting of a Black man, Jacob Blake.

Kyle Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was taken into custody in Illinois on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide.

Two people were killed Tuesday night in an attack carried out by a young white man who was caught on cellphone video opening fire in the middle of the street with a semi-automatic rifle.

Antioch is about 15 miles from Kenosha, which has seen three straight nights of unrest since Blake was wounded by police over the weekend.

Two people were killed Tuesday night in an attack carried out by a young white man who was caught on cellphone video opening fire in the middle of the street with a semi-automatic rifle.

“I just killed somebody,” he could be heard saying at one point during the shooting rampage that erupted just before midnight.

Edited by David Andrews

We can add this one to the list of over 60 incidents this summer in which homicidal, right wing nuts have driven their vehicles into crowds of BLM protesters.

And Donald Trump has never, to my knowledge, condemned the epidemic of white, right wing violence that he launched in this country in 2015.

In fact, his presidency has been deliberately predicated on racial strife and the denigration and scape-goating of minorities, immigrants, and "liberals."

Even Donald Trump knows enough arithmetic to realize that a majority of voters are Caucasians.

19 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Niederhut, you lost that narrative about two months ago.

The only people that are pushing the idea that BLM is comprised of Black People Protesting are the unwashed white kids lighting dumpsters on fire and the 8 or 9 guys here on the JFK forum that don't appreciate the hilarity of their virtue signaling as actual privileged middle aged white guys. (I think some of are even members of the academy; talk about privilege turned up to 11.)

If it turned out the same people who did 9/11 are the same people who invented Russiagate and pushed the impeachment debacle, would you try to pin it on Trump?

UF6

Mr. Wheeler - please cease and desist. That you can’t muster one word of condemnation for the youth who opened fire on protestors speaks volumes. Your historical posts are interesting, and I’ve responded favorably to them in the past as you know. But your callous comments when people are dying need to be condemned, so let me be the first to call you out. 

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Niederhut, you lost that narrative about two months ago.

The only people that are pushing the idea that BLM is comprised of Black People Protesting are the unwashed white kids lighting dumpsters on fire and the 8 or 9 guys here on the JFK forum that don't appreciate the hilarity of their virtue signaling as actual privileged middle aged white guys. (I think some of are even members of the academy; talk about privilege turned up to 11.)

If it turned out the same people who did 9/11 are the same people who invented Russiagate and pushed the impeachment debacle, would you try to pin it on Trump?

UF6

Rob,

You missed the point entirely, as usual, and then proceeded to create a straw man counter-argument.

As a general rule, I tend to avoid engaging in debates with you for this very reason.

My above comment isn't about the racial composition of crowds of BLM and George Floyd protesters.

It's about Trump's history of inciting racial conflict and white supremacist violence in the U.S. since 2015-- so-called "stochastic terrorism," an old Nazi trick.

The data is overwhelming.  Study the stats on the incidence of white supremacist hate crimes in the U.S. -- against Latinos, blacks, and other ethnic minorities-- since Trump began to publicly denigrate Mexicans, Muslims, and blacks in 2015.

And explain to us why Trump told NFL owners that attacking Colin Kaepernick and the BLM protesters, "Lifts me."

I'll wait.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Well, Wheeler certainly had a chance to humanize himself to you Paul. It's what I expected. You tried!

It's curious you're mentioning this now Paul. But this callousness as you put it has been going on from the beginning, always trying to shock people with inhumane statements. Wheeler would have some think that the only reason people are put off with him is because he thinks he's the only one here who  likes Trump. But from the beginning he's never really approached any of us with any real earnestness, any real sincerity. I'd say he probably approaches everyone that way. As I don't see him as having any other real  associations. He lives here. He wears his callousness and his cruelty to some members, as sort of badge of courage, confident that as "good liberals'.  We'll all let him have his say.  Obviously, I'm not that liberal, and some of us like to shoot back. But he's really given more of a long term pass for his behavior than anyone I've seen here.

I see him just as he responded, an angry guy, in his general posts, extremely jealous and investigating anyone whose ever really accomplished anything in their lives.

Paul I remember years back, you announced you were quitting the forum, I thought  it was really largely because of one person,who was a a boorish bully, but was he really as overtly angry, isolated and uncivil as Wheeler?