The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

UNC shut down face to face classes after 135 cases in a week but Georgia Tech has not done so (yet) after 251 cases in a week?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/georgia-tech-has-reported-over-250-coronavirus-cases-amid-students-return-to-campus/ar-BB18hGNe?li=BBnb7Kz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, Kirk Gallaway said:

I think Jim Di makes a pretty good case fora MSM coverup of the details of the JFKA for at least the first 20 years after the assassination. It's often been noted here that the MSM is owned by the top 1-2% was it? I get the impression from  a lot of posters here that in the last 20 years, the word has come down from on high to cover up new evidence about the JFKA. I think that's a case of a bunch of researchers believing their own hype. The JFKA researchers are not feared at all by the MSM but are more apt to be looked at as intelligent wackos. I do think that's unfortunate.I see a lot of expression here that the word comes down from on high about a number of stories and the stories are quashed. I don't subscribe to that idea...

Kirk,

Can you cite some examples of the M$M in the U.S. finally telling the public the truth about the JFKA research evidence of the past 20 years?

I must have missed those articles.

At best, there have been a few articles by Jefferson Morley published on sites like Rolling Stone or on the Alter Net.

Case in point.  Observe how the M$M dodged the central JFKA references in Bob Dylan's recent #1 Billboard hit.

The M$M "analyses" of Murder Most Foul were laughable.

At this point, nobody in power is suppressing it. They just don't believe it, and feel foraying into it damages their credibility in the long run, more than cashing in on the current Trump conspiracy phenomena in the short term. Of course to us that's a bit of a joke.  But it's dead serious to them.

And as you say, M$M, there's no money in it!

They're not going to segue into new details of the JFKA conspiracy research while reviewing a Dylan song. What research credentials does an 80 year rock icon have? I personally don't think he's invested near the time many of us have. What research credentials does a rock critic have?

Damn, I sure miss not  being able to edit anymore.

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Kirk, I was also caught off guard when our "edit" link at the bottom of our postings disappeared. I constantly edit my postings for spelling and grammatical errors, re-stating poorly expressed content, fact checking etc.

Then, I stumbled upon a way to edit again!

I don't know about you, but in the top right of my post pages is a horizontal line of 3 dots. I clicked on this and lo and behold it listed 3 "options."

One of which says "edit."

I click on that and my post goes back into it's edit format and I can once again edit away! I then click on the "save" link below and VOILA!

Edited by Joe Bauer

32 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

At this point, nobody in power is suppressing it. They just don't believe it, and feel foraying into it damages their credibility in the long run, more than cashing in on the current Trump conspiracy phenomena in the short term. Of course to us that's a bit of a joke.  But it's dead serious to them.

They're not going to segue into new details of the JFKA conspiracy research while reviewing a Dylan song. What research credentials does an 80 year rock icon have? I personally don't think he's invested near the time many of us have. What research credentials does a rock critic have?

Edit is up at the top right in the post, when you click the three dots. (Elipsis)

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Credentials, Kirk?

Dylan won the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Can you picture the M$M reviewing any new work written by a Nobel Laureate in Literature without asking or discerning what the work was about?

If so, give us an example.

William, maybe you should write in about it? But that doesn't seen like an avenue where a real  change will happen to me. I know a lot of musicians who are Dylan fans and people in  my general age  that sort of believe in a JFKAC, but aren't hard core.. I circulated it around, it didn't get a lot of response. sure that's not a fair test.

You got to be able to move the needle. What is needed is a real break in the case that's easy for everyday people to understand. Or short of that, maybe a documentary getting some response, like Stone and Jim's coming out. About a year ago, I thought they were talking about a March 2020 release date. Does anyone know when that's coming out?  I haven't seen anyone here ask Jim about that, though I know everyone is waiting. So I will.  

15 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

NOTE: We lost our line-through-text feature, which was useful for mistakes and comedy

Speaking of comedy, it looks like the 2020 RNC Platform is boiling down to, "Keep Trump's Ass Out of Jail."

So, my nomination for Trump's 2020 campaign slogan is, "DON'T LOCK HIM UP!"  🤪

(Another reasonable option would be, "KEEP MAR-A-LAGO SOLVENT!")

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

William, maybe you should write in about it? But that doesn't seen like an avenue where a real  change will happen to me. I know a lot of musicians who are Dylan fans and people in  my general age  that sort of believe in a JFKAC, but aren't hard core.. I circulated it around, it didn't get a lot of response. sure that's not a fair test.

You got to be able to move the needle. What is needed is a real break in the case that's easy for everyday people to understand. Or short of that, maybe a documentary getting some response, like Stone and Jim's coming out. About a year ago, I thought they were talking about a March 2020 release date. Does anyone know when that's coming out?  I haven't seen anyone here ask Jim about that, though I know everyone is waiting. So I will.  

Kirk,

The main point I was trying to make here was described by Jefferson Morley's recent op-ed, "Dylan Does Have a Lot On His Mind, But the New York Times Didn't Want to Talk About It."

Morley was, essentially, echoing what James DiEugenio's and Russ Baker's WhoWhatWhy reviews had pointed out about the bizarre coverage of Murder Most Foul in the M$M.

The NYT review of Murder Most Foul dodged any serious analysis of Dylan's very serious opus about JFK's murder.

Dylan Does Have a Lot on His Mind, But the NYT Didn’t Want to Talk About It

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/06/19/dylan-does-have-a-lot-on-his-mind-but-the-nyt-didnt-want-to-talk-about-it/

In Kenosha, WI, A cop shoots a black man seven times in the back, at point-blank range, in front of his children.  Somehow, predictable:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/police-shooting-jacob-black-kenosha-what-we-know.html

Video here.  Shot him while holding him by the shirt.

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/24/they-saw-a-cop-shoot-their-father-video-shows-wis-police-shoot-black-dad-in-back-multiple-times/

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

In Kenosha, WI, A cop shoots a black man seven times in the back, at point-blank range, in front of his children.  Somehow, predictable:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/police-shooting-jacob-black-kenosha-what-we-know.html

Video here.  Shot him while holding him by the shirt.

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/24/they-saw-a-cop-shoot-their-father-video-shows-wis-police-shoot-black-dad-in-back-multiple-times/

This is horrible.  Breaking up a fight between two women, unarmed, he gets tased, then shot seven times, in front of his kids.  Incredible.  What kind of world do we live in?

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

This is horrible.  Breaking up a fight between two women, unarmed, he gets tased, then shot seven times, in front of his kids.  Incredible.  What kind of world do we live in?

Are we really paying police for these services?  Are we paying them to grab guys by their shirts and bust seven caps in them, like some steroidal action-movie hero?

The thing is that, among our other pressing issues and fears, Americans are starting to forget the George Floyd killing, even with the continued BLM rioting.  The police have certainly forgotten, or have been negatively influenced into perpetrating atrocities like the Kenosha incident.  It's gone beyond "America has a race problem" to "America has a police problem."

Police-community relations can't recover from this until police understand that they're paid to exercise good judgment, discretion, patience, restraint.  If achieving that means writing minor offenders passes for their situational misdemeanors, then that will be an important step in police learning to do their jobs within a community.  Outside of police vanity, what would have been harmed if Wisconsin victim Jacob Blake had been suffered to get in his car and leave the scene with his kids?

Edited by David Andrews

34 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Are we really paying police for these services?  Are we paying them to grab guys by their shirts and bust seven caps in them, like some steroidal action-movie hero?

Mayberry had it right.

Give the cops one bullet and make them put it in their shirt pocket.

Steve Thomas

Jacob Blake, shot seven times in the back by Kenosha, WI, police, is now paralyzed from the waist down.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/25/wisconsin-police-fire-teargas-during-second-night-of-protest-over-shooting-of-black-man

The WI governor has already called in the National Guard.  Now the mayor is seeking help from the US Marshals Service, claiming that “Essentially, our city was burned to the ground, building by building.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kenosha-protest-riot-fires-car-dealership

Edited by David Andrews