The Education Forum

Trump the new JFK?

12 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

So Iran shot down our drone and placed mines on oil tankers because MuH DrUmPf pulled out of a garbage deal?

The deal put Iran 10-15 years away from developing a nuke.

Trump put them on the fast track.  What an idiot!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell people that Iran mined the ships (when they didn’t): some will believe it some will not.

Tell people that Iran shot down the drone in international airspace (when it wasn’t): All will agree that Iran shot down the drone, but some will and some won’t believe that it was in international airspace.

Rusult: The mass of the lies become greater than that of the truth.

I was just musing on this. Is there some kind of previously conceived principle that I am not aware of, or not recognizing as applicable here?

Mark Knight said:

"The Iran drone shoot down does not equate to the Cuban Missile Crisis. "

No, but it could be a shot fired over the bow.  We'll see...

38 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Trump, like JFK, knows that Standard Oil runs the show.

Also, he knows JFK wasn’t killed because of the “Alien Presence.”

Does anyone here think Helms and guys like Peter Strzok Sr. Just packed up and peacefully left Iran never to return? Did Tugwell & Mueller Associates turn their back on Mark Rich, or did they get part of the Iranian Oil action? Megatons to Megawatts Uranium did not always get down blended. Want to guess where it was diverted too. The diverters need a war with Iran. They don’t call The Bob Muellers Sr. & Jr. “Highly Enriched” for nothing.

If JFK knew Standard Oil ran the show, and he leaned toward Nasser as the leader in the mid east, and Standard Oil preferred dealing with the Saudis, he was playing with fire.  Another reason for his elimination for the owners of Standard Oil, the Rockefeller's, and the rest of the Council on Foreign Relations. 

Yet the record is clear that JFK opposed a nuclear middle east.  Would he have approved the Iran deal?  I think not.  It is fair to make a comparison to Cuba in many ways.  To say otherwise is naive.

Edited by Cory Santos

31 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Yet the record is clear that JFK opposed a nuclear middle east.  Would he have approved the Iran deal?  I think not.  It is fair to make a comparison to Cuba in many ways.  To say otherwise is naive.

It’s more comparable to Cuba in 1898 when the Maine was blown up; another manufactured crisis meant to foment a war of aggression. 

34 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

JFK wouldn't have approved the Iran nuke deal?

What rational objection is there?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

In theory, no one with nuclear weapons wants another country with nuclear weapons. But in JFK's time, there were only 4 countries with nuclear weapons, and weapons were being placed 90 miles from the number one world power. That's the difference and that's a biggie.

The current reality is we have 8 countries with nukes and Israel who won't tell you they have one, and still only one country in history has actually used it..  We have a world rogue nation with Nuclear weapons, and Iran's had a long history of not being an aggressive nation whose threatened to develop nuclear weapons. There's actually been fear talk in the the U.S. of Iran developing nuclear weapons for 30 years.

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Of course JFK would have. Trump opposes it for no other reason  than to undue everything tried Obama to do.

This idea that  we are somehow innocent victims always getting taken advantage of is a myth perpetuated by those who want to continue the American tradition of meddling with other nations. JFK would agree our history is not pretty.

4 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The rational objection is that the Iran nuke deal did not prevent Iran from having nukes, it only kicked the can down the road. Which is something the U.S. is so good at doing, whether it's immigration reform, Social Security reform, our crumbling infrastructure, or name any can to kick that you want. 

That said, Trump pulled out of the Iran deal with nothing else in mind. But then I don't think Trump's mind is capable of having anything in it, unless you're talking about filing bankruptcies, stiffing contractors, giving people insulting nicknames, and groping women. (He's put himself in a position as POTUS where he has to restrain himself on the latter.)

4 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

The rational objection is that the Iran nuke deal did not prevent Iran from having nukes, it only kicked the can down the road.

So because Iran might just maybe want to develop a nuke 10-15 years down the road let's cut to the chase and go to war with them in 10-15 months?

No, that doesn't strike me as rational.

16 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

So because Iran might just maybe want to develop a nuke 10-15 years down the road let's cut to the chase and go to war with them in 10-15 months?

No, that doesn't strike me as rational.

I don't know what the answer is to Iran. Eisenhower and the good old CIA created this problem and the chickens have come home to roost.

14 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

I don't know what the answer is to Iran. Eisenhower and the good old CIA created this problem and the chickens have come home to roost.

Well somewhat correct.  The coup was called off.  A rogue agent really caused it.  

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/20/64-years-later-cia-finally-releases-details-of-iranian-coup-iran-tehran-oil/?fbclid=IwAR2KN70SiAl50GdlagLzmQDa7dls2iWlwMjcT2AH01VjMmmG-b3EfNPjQRY

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

Yeah, those damn "rogue agents." Was it rogue agents who planned the operation to begin with? And who's responsible for rogues working for the CIA? Where does the buck stop at Langley? Or the White House? You know what Truman used to say.

Edited by Ron Ecker
typo