The Education Forum

Joe Rogan takes on Arlen Specter

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Laughable when DPD Chief Jesse Curry tells the media his department did an investigation survey and found only "25 to 50" of his men "even knew Jack Ruby."

My God, if it was only 5 it would be cause for concern!  But 50?

And even Curry knew it was way more. 

Carousel Club stripper Kathy Coleman ( stage name Kathy Kay ) hooked up with former DPD officer Harry Olsen while working for Ruby. When interviewed after the assassination Olsen eventually named other DPD officers as frequent Carousel Club visiting pals of Ruby. Olsen stated Officer Gerald Hill ( we all know him ) was the closest to Ruby and most frequent Carousel Club drop in. Even getting 6 packs of beer as a freebie now and then!

And as Jim mentioned another researcher's comment that Ruby knew that many DPD officers ( 25?) just in the DPD building Oswald transfer security team on duty the morning of 11,24,1963 alone!

In his interrogation interviews and later court testimony Ruby mentions several officers by their last names that he knew by familiar sight ( Vaughn, Pierce, etc.)  regards his actions in the DPD basement that morning.

And within just feet of Ruby ( and Oswald ) when he bolted out to blast Oswald were another three DPD officers that knew him well.

Patrick Dean, Jim Leavelle and Big William "Blackie" Harrison (who was a mere "inches" from Ruby) for several seconds right up to Ruby's bolt and shooting.

Hundreds of DPD officers knew of Ruby's strip joint ( he was right downtown for years!) and it's a joke how many felt they had to personally "drop in" to "check on things" while the gorgeous hot babes were disrobing and grinding just feet away. Even motorcycle traffic control cops!

J.D. Tippett knew Ruby well.

Newbie to the DPD force Roscoe White married a former Ruby employee Geneva. There is a well known photo of Ruby checking out scantily clad Geneva in person that apparently is credible. Even if she was only a "Rail" girl who may have been paid under the table? ? Perhaps same with Rose Cherami Ruby didn't keep many payroll records to avoid stating true income for tax reasons.

Other Carousel drop-ins through out Ruby's years read like a Who's Who of Dallas society. People think raunchy strip joints only attract raunchy low life lechers? Ha!

Carousel employee Nancy Hamilton, when interviewed by Mark Lane in his Documentary "Rush To Judgment", mentioned Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade himself as a Carousel Club drop-in.

Wade feigned ignorance of Ruby in his DPD press conference the night of 11,24,1963.

I believe his name ( speaking of Jack Ruby) is a "Jack Rubenstein?"

Please...what a ridiculously obvious act of lying distancing.

Ruby set many men up with his girls when it was convenient and they were obliging.

Seth Kantor states in his book on Ruby that pimping was just another aspect of Ruby "favors" to others besides providing fresh made sandwiches made at his favorite deli.

Dallas in Ruby's heyday was a virtual vice playground with all levels of wealth, power and influence and even police dipping into it's sinful indulgence waters.

Gambling, girls, guns, booze...you name it. Dallas was a "Swinging" town as they say.

Maybe Chief Curry didn't wet his whistle in this way ... but hundreds if not thousands of others sure did.

Perhaps same with Rose Cherami.  Dr. Michael Marcades about his book on his mothers case states:-"When she was working in the Ruby Carousel club she confirmed that Ruby & LHO knew each other.  When travelling on airplane with Lt Fruge she saw a newspaper headline that even questioned if Oswald & Ruby knew each other.  She exclaimed that hell, they not only knew each other, they were bed fellows! 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Perhaps same with Rose Cherami.  Dr. Michael Marcades about his book on his mothers case states:-"When she was working in the Ruby Carousel club she confirmed that Ruby & LHO knew each other.  When travelling on airplane with Lt Fruge she saw a newspaper headline that even questioned if Oswald & Ruby knew each other.  She exclaimed that hell, they not only knew each other, they were bed fellows! 

Yes.

Just another intriguing Ruby claim we were told to discard as made up by those who controlled the official narrative.

Curry and Fritz wouldn't even listen to Louisiana State police officer Frances Fruge's account of Rose Cherami and her claims of knowledge of not just Ruby, but drug running and corruption in Houston, which proved to be spot on.

That whole connection between Olsen, Coleman and Ruby is  interesting.

I think Specter really knew there was something in there he did not want to dig out. Which sums up the Warren Report.

Its too bad Joe McBride could not locate Olsen.  I don't think Don Thomas could either.  If I recall, Don told me the last person to talk to Olsen was Bill Turner in the mid seventies.

The whole thing about guarding an estate in that area was BS since there was no estate in that area.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

That whole connection between Olsen, Coleman and Ruby is  interesting.

I think Specter really knew there was something in there he did not want to dig out. Which sums up the Warren Report.

Its too bad Joe McBride could not locate Olsen.  I don't think Don Thomas could either.  If I recall, Don told me the last person to talk to Olsen was Bill Turner in the mid seventies.

The whole thing about guarding an estate in that area was BS since there was no estate in that area.

That "estate" part has bugged me for years.  Some of my earliest memories are of going to see Aunt Kate and "Unk" Clarence in Oak Cliff.  I've been through parts of it since and I still never remember anything that could be called an estate, though I can't say I know the area well.  Olsen never could remember an exact location/address could he?

No, he could not remember.

Also, he was on leave for a broken kneecap.  From what I recall, he did this while roller or ice skating, with Ruby.

His girlfriend, who he later married, worked for Ruby.  And I think Olsen was in the Carousel Club on the night of the assassination.

Shortly after the assassination, and after he returned to the force, he was terminated.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Really good interview - Tom O'Neill sounds like a very sincere and devoted researcher. Lots of great info. Interesting remark he makes about how Bugliosi could have been handed a jail sentence equivalent to a murder rap if they had known how he distorted and suppressed key testimony and information.  Will have to reread Jim's review on O'Neill's Chaos - if anyone hasn't read it yet, it's here:

https://kennedysandking.com/reviews/vincent-bugliosi-tom-o-neill-quentin-tarantino-and-tate-labianca-part-1

Wonderful to see a writer like this finally break through after devoting twenty years of his life on a project, living on the edge, broke, but who never stopped believing in his project.

Edited by Rob Couteau

Man, that is really something, two million views.  That book was published last year.

When you get an interesting guest on a subject that touches on the JFK case, on a wide platform, this is what happens.

Just the opposite of what the MSM wants you to think.  

O'Neill is touching the JFK case in two ways, through his critique of Bugliosi, and also the Jolly West stuff, which is almost ignored in the JFK literature.

But its really important, since it helps explain what happened to Ruby after the trial.  What the heck was West  doing there?  Who sent him? 

58 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Man, that is really something, two million views.  That book was published last year.

When you get an interesting guest on a subject that touches on the JFK case, on a wide platform, this is what happens.

Just the opposite of what the MSM wants you to think.  

O'Neill is touching the JFK case in two ways, through his critique of Bugliosi, and also the Jolly West stuff, which is almost ignored in the JFK literature.

But its really important, since it helps explain what happened to Ruby after the trial.  What the heck was West  doing there?  Who sent him? 

There could be an answer here in his papers at UCLA.

https://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c84j0hcd/

There appears to be a wealth of quite possibly unseen and unknown Ruby information contained in his seemingly large collection of Ruby related files:

box 160, folder 1

Ruby, Jack--Court transcripts. 1965.

box 160, folder 2

Ruby, Jack--Legal counsel (Sol A. Dann) (1 of 4). 1964-1965.

box 160, folder 3

Ruby, Jack--Legal counsel (Hubert Winston Smith) (2 of 4). 1964.

box 160, folder 4

Ruby, Jack--Legal counsel (Joe H. Tonahill) (3 of 4). 1964-1966.

box 160, folder 5

Ruby, Jack--Legal counsel (miscellaneous) (4 of 4). 1964-1965, 1967.

box 160, folder 6

Ruby, Jack--Penal code and other legal material. ca. 1963-1965.

box 160, folder 7

Ruby, Jack--Will probate hearing. 1967.

box 160, folder 8

Ruby, Jack--Medical and legal clippings and articles. 1963-1965, 1968.

box 160, folder 9

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (LJW) (1 of 8). 1964-1965.

box 160, folder 10

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (Andrew S. Watson) (2 of 8). 1965-1966.

box 160, folder 11

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (Werner Tuteur) (3 of 8). 1965.

box 160, folder 12

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (Manfred S. Guttmacher) (4 of 8). 1963-1964.

box 160, folder 13

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (Roy Schafer) (5 of 8). 1964.

box 160, folder 14

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (W.R. Beavers) (6 of 8). 1964-1965.

box 160, folder 15

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (Martin L. Towler) (7 of 8). 1963-1964.

box 160, folder 16

Ruby, Jack--Psychiatric examination (Walter Broomberg) (8 of 8). 1963, 1965.

box 161, folder 1

Ruby, Jack--Institute for Juvenile Research report. 1964.

box 161, folder 2

Ruby, Jack--Working notes concerning Ruby. ca. 1964.

Scope and Contents note

Perhaps labeled "Marcia's working notes."
box 161, folder 3

Ruby, Jack--Correspondence concerning Ruby medical evaluations. 1964-1965.

box 161, folder 4

Ruby, Jack--Warren Commission testimony (1 of 2). 1964.

box 161, folder 5

Ruby, Jack--Warren Commission testimony (2 of 2). 1964.

box 161, folder 6

Ruby, Jack--Polygraph test. 1964.

box 161, folder 7

Ruby, Jack--Autopsy report. 1967.

box 161, folder 8

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph (Policeman at His Elbow), chapter 4 version 1 (1 of 2). ca. 1975 [?].

Scope and Contents note

Unclear whether Price or LJW was main author of monograph.
box 161, folder 9

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 4 version 1 (2 of 2). ca. 1975 [?].

box 161, folder 10

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 4 version 2. ca. 1975 [?].

box 161, folder 11

Ruby, Jack--Libby Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 5, rough draft (1 of 2). ca. 1975 [?].

box 161, folder 12

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 5, rough draft (2 of 2). ca. 1975 [?].

box 161, folder 13

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, continuation of chapter 5. ca. 1975 [?].

box 161, folder 15

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 5, draft (1 of 3). ca. 1975 [?].

box 161, folder 16

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 5, draft (2 of 3). ca. 1975 [?].

box 162, folder 1

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price draft of Ruby monograph, chapter 5, draft (3 of 3). ca. 1975 [?].

box 162, folder 2

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price's notes on conversations with Eva Grant. 1967.

box 162, folder 3

Ruby, Jack--Transcription of LJW interview with Eva Grant. before 1967 [?].

box 162, folder 4

Ruby, Jack--Transcription of LJW and Elizabeth (Libby) Price interview with Eva Grant and Joe Johnson. 1967.

box 162, folder 5

Ruby, Jack--Eva Grant correspondence with LJW. 1965, 1969.

box 162, folder 6

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price's report and notes on Dallas trip. 1967.

box 162, folder 7

Ruby, Jack--Elizabeth (Libby) Price's report on Ruby and the Kennedy family, from conversation with Eva Grant. 1967.

box 162, folder 8

Ruby, Jack--Reports and newspaper clippings concerning conspiracy theories. 1967.

Scope and Contents note

Reports probably by Elizabeth (Libby) Price.
box 162, folder 9

Ruby, Jack--Book review report concerning The Trial of Jack Ruby, by Kaplan and Waltz (1965). ca. 1967.

Scope and Contents note

Report probably by Elizabeth (Libby) Price.
box 162, folder 10

Ruby, Jack--Miscellaneous notes concerning Ruby and interviews. ca. 1967.

Scope and Contents note

Notes probably mostly by Elizabeth (Libby) Price; perhaps some notes by LJW.
box 162, folder 11

Ruby, Jack--Chart of Jack Ruby's life (1 of 5). ca. 1967 [?].

Scope and Contents note

Probably by Elizabeth (Libby) Price.
box 162, folder 12

Ruby, Jack--Chart of Jack Ruby's life (2 of 5). ca. 1967 [?].

Scope and Contents note

box 162, folder 13

Ruby, Jack--Chart of Jack Ruby's life (3 of 5). ca. 1967 [?].

Scope and Contents note

box 162, folder 14

Ruby, Jack--Chart of Jack Ruby's life (4 of 5). ca. 1967 [?].

Scope and Contents note

box 162, folder 15

Ruby, Jack--Chart of Jack Ruby's life (5 of 5). ca. 1967 [?].

Scope and Contents note

box 162, folder 16

Ruby, Jack--Notes and correspondence concerning format of monograph A Policeman at His Elbow: Psychiatric Reflections on Jack Ruby Case. ca. 1967.

Scope and Contents note

Contains chapter outline and index to LJW's Ruby files.
box 162, folder 17

Ruby, Jack--Letter from Phyllis Ruby (Mrs. Sam Ruby) to LJW. 1964.

box 162, folder 18

Ruby, Jack--"Jack Ruby" article by Edward Linn (and accompanying note from Edith L. Goldman) and press release for "Jack Ruby" by Wills and Demaris. 1968, 1980.

box 163, folder 1

Ruby, Jack--Research notecards, contained in 2 envelopes (folder 1 of 4). ca. 1967 [?].

box 163, folder 2

Ruby, Jack--Research notecards, contained in 2 envelopes (folder 2 of 4). ca. 1967 [?].

box 163, folder 3

Ruby, Jack--Research notecards (folder 3 of 4). ca. 1967 [?].

box 163, folder 4

Ruby, Jack--Research notecards (folder 4 of 4). ca. 1967 [?].

box 164, folder 1

Ruby, Jack--Earl Ruby. 1964, 1967.

box 164, folder 2

Ruby, Jack--Miscellaneous correspondence. 1964-1965, 1967, 1975.

box 164, folder 3

Ruby, Jack--Burleson-Alexander Panel Discussion, WKY Studios. 1967 June 3.

Scope and Contents note

box 164, folder 4

Ruby, Jack--Report on newspapers in Dallas, weekend of November 22-24, 1963. ca. 1967.

Scope and Contents note

box 164, folder 5

Ruby, Jack--News clippings (1 of 2). 1963-1964, 1967, 1973, 1975, 1992.

box 164, folder 6

Ruby, Jack--News clippings (2 of 2). 1964-1968.

box 164, folder 7

Ruby, Jack--Andrew S. Watson reprints (1 of 2). 1960.

box 164, folder 8

Ruby, Jack--Andrew S. Watson reprints (2 of 2). 1959-1960, 1963-1965.

box 3, folder 12

"Jack Ruby". 1978 October 30.

Scope and Contents note

Folder contains cassette tape recording and typed transcription of LJW's presentation on Jack Ruby given at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute Colloquium October 30, 1978.

It would appear as though he had quite the interest in Ruby. If anyone in Southern California could access these.....

Mark:  I am not sure, but I think O'Neill references those files in his book.

Now, did he go through each one, I don't know.

But they sure look extensive.  Again, why was West so interested in Ruby's case?

Wow.  I remember reading in the book O'Neil found a ton of files at UCLA, spent months digging through them before he really found anything.  But I didn't realize there was this much on Ruby.  5 different files on Chart of Ruby's Life.  Psychiatric evaluations by eight different psychiatrists (?).  That last one, his presentation in 1978 might be interesting (in relation to the HSCA?).  Has Malcom Blunt got a cousin, niece or nephew in Southern California?