The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 7/11/2022 at 3:45 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

The Democratic Party has no choice but to depend upon "big money" for it's campaigns. Does Reich expect the working class to pay for them?

I dunno.....

Fetterman seems to be doing quite well by not being a corporate Democrat.

In sharp contrast to Oz's Koch- and self-financed bid, McPhillips noted that Fetterman's campaign "is funded solely by our grassroots supporters and donors kicking in a couple bucks at a time."

Link to article

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

42 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Today's hearing just ended, and after watching, I feel like Donald Trump might be a flight risk.

I was greatly impressed by the quality of the Congressional commentaries-- especially the profound closing statements by both Raskin and Murphy.  The montage of the pre-January 6th call to arms on social media was also well-presented.

The more I learn about the January 6th plot by Trump and his Willard Hotel goon squad, the more I wonder about how Trump managed to block security for the Capitol on J6-- especially after hearing testimony about Federal intelligence relating to the January 6th plot!

If DHS and the FBI clearly knew about the impending danger, why was Capitol security so inadequate?

Michael Flynn seems to have been a key player, along with Roger Stone.

It was pretty impressive I thought.

The whole thing about Trump changing the draft of his speech, and the Red Wedding, trial by combat and Game of Thrones imagery.  Alex Jones and his big mouth exhortation. 

And the evidence is now there to say that, days in advance, the organizers, like Kremer and Ali knew they were headed for the capital.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Don't forget the lessons of history.

Committee hearings, and commission (9/11, Warren Commission) findings are like prosecutions without a defense. 

The 1/6 committee has been a TV serial, a narrative designed by an ABC producer. Yes, effective, despite the bad fumble on the unvetted hearsay witness, Hutchinson. Media coverage has been compliant. 

I prefer to let the courts dispose of, or exonerate, Trump.  

The US military killed a leader of the Islamic State on Tuesday in an airstrike in Syria, (President) Joe Biden said.--The Guardian

"Maher al-Agal, identified by the Pentagon as one of the top five Islamic State leaders and the leader of the Islamic State in Syria, was killed in a drone strike in Jindayris in north-west Syria."

'His death in Syria takes a key terrorist off the field and significantly degrades the ability of [the Islamic State] to plan, resource, and conduct their operations in the region,' the president said. 'It sends a powerful message to all terrorists who threaten our homeland and our interests around the world. The United States will be relentless in its efforts to bring you to justice.'"---The Guardian

I thought the Russians were running Syria, and they hate ISIS. The US is allied with the Russians? 

In any event, we should be glad Biden is murdering people in Syria. That will make us safer, as we kill off enemies. Does it make new enemies? Oh maybe, but we can kill them too. 

Question: Why did Biden himself make this gruesome announcement of killing some guy in Syria? Is this an effort to counteract the image that he is old and doddering? That is how the new Donks think? 

Do modern-day Donks think Biden is on the right track in Syria with this drone-killing? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

What do you want to bet this guy on Hunter's contact list is a relative of Pete "Tennent" Harrington Bagley.

849481574_MichaelHarrington2022-07-12211107.jpg.2472f47d9a35cb513e8289901e5fc307.jpg

Tennent Bagley was the CIA senior officer who told ace JFK researcher Malcolm Blunt that LHO was a "witting" CIA asset in Russia.

Please expand on your comment. Other than similar names....anything to go on?

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Don't forget the lessons of history.

Committee hearings, and commission (9/11, Warren Commission) findings are like prosecutions without a defense. 

The 1/6 committee has been a TV serial, a narrative designed by an ABC producer. Yes, effective, despite the bad fumble on the unvetted hearsay witness, Hutchinson. Media coverage has been compliant. 

I prefer to let the courts dispose of, or exonerate, Trump.  

Get a clue, Ben.  You're still presuming to teach us about "the lessons" of history, eh?  🤥

There's no meaningful comparison between Dulles' Warren Commission or Phillip Zelikow's 9/11 Commission and this bona fide Congressional investigation of Trump's criminal efforts to overturn the 2020 election. 

Those were cover ups.  This is an uncovering.  Big difference.

If you studied history you would know that.

Did you even watch the historic Congressional hearing today?

Edited by W. Niederhut

6 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Get a clue, Ben.  You're still presuming to teach us about "the lessons" of history, eh?  🤥

There's no meaningful comparison between Dulles' Warren Commission or Phillip Zelikow's 9/11 Commission and this bona fide Congressional investigation of Trump's criminal efforts to overturn the 2020 election. 

Those were cover ups.  This is an uncovering.  Big difference.

If you studied history you would know that.

Did you even watch the historic Congressional hearing today?

W--

We just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I see too many elements of a "TV show" in the 1/6 Cheney-crat serial. 

Photogenic, emoting witnesses for the prosecution, but no "witnesses for the defense." 

The 1/6 show expertly staged hearsay witness Hutchinson...but actual, on-scene eyewitnesses (ie the guys in the vehicle with Trump) have not been put on TV. Why is that?

The party-line is the Secret Service agents in the vehicle with Trump would lie, even under oath. "So we believe the hearsay witness."

This comes close to a show trial, and one expertly produced by some guy from ABC. 

Remember: Hunter Biden's laptop is a Russian disinformation story. 

Sensible people will wait for a court trial of Trump. I will happily accept any court verdict on Trump, and I also affirm the principle that Trump is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

36 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Damning evidence here that there was Chinese plotting involved in Trump's coup plans:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/07/leaked-audio-steve-bannon-trump-2020-election-declare-victory/

The pre-election audio comes from a meeting between Bannon and a half dozen supporters of Guo Wengui, an exiled Chinese mogul for whom Bannon has worked.--MJ

Well, this guy Wengui is a political exile from an oppressive authoritarian Communist dictatorship.

The sort of guy who used to be lionized in the M$M, but who is now treated skeptically. Funny how times change.  

Interesting question: Why would an opponent of Xi Jinping (and Jinping in some regards makes Putin look like Peter Pan) support Trump, and not Biden? 

On matters of policy towards China, do you trust Trump or Biden more? 

14 hours ago, Bill Fite said:
On 7/11/2022 at 7:45 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

The Democratic Party has no choice but to depend upon "big money" for it's campaigns. Does Reich expect the working class to pay for them?

14 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

I dunno.....

Fetterman seems to be doing quite well by not being a corporate Democrat.

I meant at the federal level, with the presidency being the worst case, followed by the senate and then the house.

After Tuesday's Jan. 6th investigative committee hearing former Watergate star witness John Dean stated "Trump is in trouble."

It is my view that with each new hearing we are seeing a deconstruction of Trump's Jan 6th coup attempt and other constitution violating crimes culpability defense to such a devastating degree that the case against Trump has truly reached a "beyond reasonable doubt" tipping point.

This is the most intelligent and well planned and thought out congressional investigation into highest governmental wrong doings I have ever seen since Watergate.

The committee's investigative effort is so thoroughly well researched, well coordinated and well presented even our own justice department realizes how behind the curve they are in their own task of investigating the possible crimes committed by Trump, et al.

Sadly, all the incredible hard work fact finding efforts of this committee could end up wasted and meaningless if the Justice department blows their end of the investigation and use of these committee's findings in bringing true justice to bear on what the committee has so clearly presented and already proven ( in my opinion ) as high crimes against our constitutional democracy.

The entire affair will live or die dependent upon our Justice department.

They are our last stand for justice. 

What they do or will not do will be the ultimate society effecting and changing climax to this incredibly important and dramatic democracy threatening story.

What a story. One can imagine the scores of A list theater and television films that will come forth in the coming months and years about these dystopian Trump times.