The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

46 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Watch: Lauren Boebert refuses to say if she will bring a gun into the Capitol following removal of metal detectors

by Brandon Gage, Alternet January 04, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/watch-lauren-boebert-refuses-to-say-if-she-will-bring-a-gun-into-the-capitol-following-removal-of-metal-detectors/

“"Congresswoman," the interviewer began, "This was put here in part because of you. Do you have a response to whether Democrats are going to feel unsafe? Should they feel unsafe?"

"Absolutely not. They should not feel unsafe," Boebert beamed, boasting that "if they do, they should come see me for a concealed carry weapons permit, and I can make sure that they are locked and loaded in Washington”"

Steve Thomas

Would anyone here feel safe in the U.S. Capitol in 2023, without the metal detectors?

I, certainly, wouldn't.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Let's get them all drunk and make a decision befitting Our Nation.  Or, the world's greatest political fistfight?  I hope someone films it.

GOP rep says McCarthy may need to step aside, suggests alcohol could help party reach consensus (msn.com)

Edited by Ron Bulman

23 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Let's get them all drunk and make a decision befitting Our Nation.  Or, the world's greatest political fistfight?  I hope someone films it.

GOP rep says McCarthy may need to step aside, suggests alcohol could help party reach consensus (msn.com)

Insanity in action.

US House has no members, no rules as speaker race drags on (msn.com)

As a tax paying law abiding American citizen I am disgusted and angered with the Republican members of Congress wasting our federal government responsibility needs time and energy on this circus, all while being paid from our tax dollars.

Not only are you wasting precious United States governing time and energy...you are making a mockery of our Congress, it's business and it's integrity at the same time.

This failed house speaker spectacle is sending a disheartening kind of message to our young people regards seeing our highest legislative body at it's worst.

Stop this childish tomfoolery. Will you?

Let's have a look at the results of the 2022 mid-terms:

Governorships? Won by the Dems. Everything running smoothly.

Secretaries of State? Won by the Dems. Everything running smoothly.

U.S. Senate? Won by the Dems. Everything running smoothly.

U.S. House? Won by the GOP. Total sh*t show. No SOTH. No new members sworn it yet.

18 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

As a tax paying law abiding American citizen I am disgusted and angered with the Republican members of Congress wasting our federal government responsibility needs time and energy on this circus, all while being paid from our tax dollars.

Not only are you wasting precious United States governing time and energy...you are making a mockery of our Congress, it's business and it's integrity at the same time.

This failed house speaker spectacle is sending a disheartening kind of message to our young people regards seeing our highest legislative body at it's worst.

Stop this childish tomfoolery. Will you?

Amazing how the Anti Trump Cultists are always siding with the worst of the worst.. 

https://www.weforum.org/people/kevin-mccarthy

These hard core 5 or so obviously hate him. This despite the fact that he's sold his soul to get this job! He's already made a number of concessions. He's been asked to lower the threshold to make it easier for his ouster should he not deliver to these crazies in the future!

I'm not sure what's behind it. Maybe they never forgave him for first blaming Trump after the 1/6 riots before doing an abrupt about face and selling out and going back to Mar a Lago to kiss Trump's ring?.

16 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I'm not sure what's behind it.

Most of those MAGAs are evil, not stupid (with some obvious exceptions) and just like normal Americans, they know McCarthy has no moral compass, no core beliefs, and is entirely untrustworthy.

It's strange that it's come to this. That Kevin Mac Carthy is the good guy, but what sort  of moral authority figures do the Republicans  have? Lindsey Graham?, Ted Cruz?, Jim Jordan?, Josh Hawley? ,Rand Paul?, Ron Johnson?, Little Marco? I know I'm forgetting someone.

But it became so crystal clear after they came in contact with Trump.  Then Trump just sucked them in, then just kept turning on the screws and abusing them, and making them look like fools, and would eventually end up throwing them out for trash!

Still they brush themselves off, and are relentlessly back in your face!

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

It's strange that it's come to this. That Kevin Mac Carthy is the good guy, but what sort  of moral authority figures do the Republicans  have? Lindsey Graham?, Ted Cruz?, Jim Jordan?, Josh Hawley? ,Rand Paul?, Ron Johnson?, Little Marco? I know I'm forgetting someone.

But it became so crystal clear after they came in contact with Trump.  Then Trump just sucked them in, then just kept turning on the screws and abusing them, and making them look like fools, and would eventually end up throwing them out for trash!

Still they brush themselves off, and are relentlessly back in your face!

MSNBC won't tell Kirk so he doesn't understand 🤣

26 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

MSNBC won't tell Kirk so he doesn't understand 🤣

Why wouldn’t they want a guy mixed up with the World Economic Forum? What could go wrong? 🙂