• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Not a music person, Ben?

Yes,  Ben is so  embarrassed because a member of his family had a Monkee's record! But it makes good conversation!

At first, I didn't think Ben was from the states because I've  never heard any cultural reference from Ben that identifies him as being brought up in the states. And the culture was sizzling when he was growing up!

Bill Maher's show was pretty good last night I wish i could get his interview with Bill Barr but Youtube stopped me this morning.

It was interesting watching Bill Barr's phony baloney and his qualifying and obfuscating when being called by Maher on a statement in his book about the "war on religion  going on in  the U.S".

There are 3 conservatives on Maher's panel. I'll say Andrew Sullivan has come a long way! This Nancy Mace representative in Congress on  social policy good pretty cool, sand easy on the eyes.. But it is amazing how Mace and Barr are either so intimidated still by Trump  that despite Barr's resigning after telling Trump the election fraud away BS, and essentially admitting that Trump was engaged in election fraud, both him and Mace wouldn't rule out voting for Trump in 2024. In the case if Mace, as a representative that's how intimidated she still is. But the reason they state is that Biden is so  dangerous, and so evil!. Just drinking the kool aid.

Most republicans don't want Trump to run, but still don't  dare utter a word under a Putin like stranglehold. There's like about 5 Republicans that have any courage at all, and either they got ran out of office or they're so popular with their constituencies, Trump can do them no harm. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:02 AM, Chris Barnard said:

Seeing as we can post anything here; @John Cotter, have you by any chance watched the Martin McDonagh directed film; “The Banshees of Inisherin” ? I sense that the Irish based film may appeal to your emotional intelligence. I am just watching it for a second time in three days with a good wine open. It has so many layers. 

PS The scenery / cinematography is magnificent. Goidel Glas’ green isle with no serpents has never looked more enchanting. 

Thanks for the mention, Chris. I’ve been largely absent from the forum for the past week or so because I’ve been travelling and I’m now in Portugal.

That’s one of the reasons why, to my shame, I haven’t yet seen The Banshees of Inisherin.

I say to my shame because, believe it or not, the widely praised female co-star of the film, Kerry Condon, is my first cousin’s daughter.

Long knives out for Biden? Why this unending string a "discoveries" of classified materials in Biden's possession?

And Ron Klain leaving his chief of staff position? I think Klain was the heart of the White House. Does he see the writing on the wall?

I gather the Donks are not going to rally around Kamala Harris. 

FBI searches Biden’s Wilmington home and finds more classified materials

Carolyn Kaster/AP

CNN — 

FBI investigators on Friday found additional classified material after conducting a search of President Joe Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware, home, the president’s personal attorney said in a statement.

Bob Bauer said that during the search, which took place over nearly 12 hours Friday, “DOJ took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President’s service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President. DOJ also took for further review personally handwritten notes from the vice-presidential years.”

Those six items are in addition to materials previously found at Biden’s Wilmington residence and in his private office.

---30---

Ironically, Biden once torpedoed a potential CIA director for having classified materials in his possession. 

https://theintercept.com/empire-politician/biden-and-jimmy-carters-cia-nominee/

Has the CIA ever bowed to a US president? Does the CIA always choose its own directors? 

How about vice-versa? 

Lawyer warns there will be a 'hellish price to be paid' if attorneys take on Trump as a client
By Tom Boggioni January 21, 2023 

http://https://www.rawstory.com/trump-lawyers-2659291601/
"According to legal experts who spoke with Bloomberg, lawyers should think long and hard if Trump approaches them because they believe he will walk away from the latest legal setback "unscathed" and unafraid to file similar lawsuits in other legal venues.
According to former federal prosecutor Kevin O’Brien, Trump could blame Habba for blowing the case before Middlebrook and leave her holding the bag for the entire fine as fellow former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance pointed out on MSNBC on Saturday afternoon.
"Trump’s conduct will not change,” O’Brien explained. “First there will be the time-consuming and frivolous appeals. Then, because the penalty was imposed ‘jointly and severally’ on both Trump and his lawyer, Ms. Habba, Trump will not pay, leaving Habba to shoulder the entire penalty on pain of keeping her law license.”"

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Long knives out for Biden? Why this unending string a "discoveries" of classified materials in Biden's possession?

And Ron Klain leaving his chief of staff position? I think Klain was the heart of the White House. Does he see the writing on the wall?

I gather the Donks are not going to rally around Kamala Harris. 

FBI searches Biden’s Wilmington home and finds more classified materials

Carolyn Kaster/AP

CNN — 

FBI investigators on Friday found additional classified material after conducting a search of President Joe Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware, home, the president’s personal attorney said in a statement.

Bob Bauer said that during the search, which took place over nearly 12 hours Friday, “DOJ took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President’s service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President. DOJ also took for further review personally handwritten notes from the vice-presidential years.”

Those six items are in addition to materials previously found at Biden’s Wilmington residence and in his private office.

---30---

Ironically, Biden once torpedoed a potential CIA director for having classified materials in his possession. 

https://theintercept.com/empire-politician/biden-and-jimmy-carters-cia-nominee/

Has the CIA ever bowed to a US president? Does the CIA always choose its own directors? 

How about vice-versa? 

I saw this headline and wondered who might post it here and how they might view it. At first it seemed like Biden was trying to stay ahead of the narrative. It’s unclear to me how this wave of hidden document discoveries started, but now it looks to me like regime change. Is the House Speaker next in line after Harris? 

16 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I saw this headline and wondered who might post it here and how they might view it. At first it seemed like Biden was trying to stay ahead of the narrative. It’s unclear to me how this wave of hidden document discoveries started, but now it looks to me like regime change. Is the House Speaker next in line after Harris? 

Paul--

My guess (and it is a guess) is the Donk-intel establishment is not looking for regime change now, but rather to discredit a Biden run in 2026.

I am not sure why long knives are out for Biden (if they are), as Biden is about as establishment as possible, and put the JFKA papers back into the vault, among myriad other favors. 

So my guess is that there is increasing discomfort with Biden's acuity, and his ability to actually run in 2026. He can't hide in the basement this time. There may a simple deduction Biden would likely lose against a 'Phant candidate (although I think Biden would beat the odious Trump again). 

In addition, there may be DoJ investigations into the sources of Biden family income---much of it from mainland China. 

To get Hakeem Jeffries right away into the White House, they would have to eliminate Kamala Harris first. A Spiro Agnew replay.

But what has Kamala Harris done to get her the boot? She seems like a clean candidate, if often inane. 

All we can do is sit and watch.