The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

59 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Hi William, I seem to have read somewhere that the last time the US was out of debt was during Andrew Jackson’s time, when he abolished a previous Federal Reserve type system. Is this incorrect? 

Yes, Chris it's amusing to read about how our American political leaders in the early 19th century agonized over their tiny Federal budgets and debts at that time in history.

The U.S. debt in the post-Reagan era is truly gargantuan in comparison.

What we are dealing with in modern U.S. history is the Republican "Starve-the-Beast" strategy; 1) cut taxes for the wealthiest 2%, then 2) balance the budget by cutting Federal spending on the 98%-- on Medicare, Social Security, education, healthcare, etc.

This is happening currently with Kevin McCarthy's GOP Sedition Caucus in the U.S. House-- although it sounds like Trump has convinced McCarthy to stop talking about using the debt ceiling negotiations to force cuts in Social Security and Medicare funding.

The line in the sand for the Republicans-- as in 2011-- is to refuse to increase their historically low tax rates for billionaires.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

13 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yes, Chris it's amusing to read about how our American political leaders in the early 19th century agonized over their tiny Federal budgets and debts at that time in history.

The U.S. debt in the post-Reagan era is truly gargantuan in comparison.

What we are dealing with in modern U.S. history is the Republican "Starve-the-Beast" strategy; 1) cut taxes for the wealthiest 2%, then 2) balance the budget by cutting Federal spending on the 98%-- on Medicare, Social Security, education, healthcare, etc.

This is happening currently with Kevin McCarthy's GOP Sedition Caucus in the U.S. House-- although it sounds like Trump has convinced McCarthy to stop talking about using the debt ceiling negotiations to force cuts in Social Security and Medicare funding.

The line in the sand for the Republicans-- as in 2011-- is to refuse to increase their historically low tax rates for billionaires.

Yes, I am correct or yes, I am incorrect? 

I just did a quick search online and the first few answers show that the last time the USA was debt free was between 1835 & 1837. The national debt was being created long before FDR took office. What I think you mean is that its got completely out of control in more recent times. 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:36 AM, Matthew Koch said:

Thanks for the reminder Joe, you are a good man and I agree. 

I already told Niederhut that I am done with his gas lighting and subterfuge a couple of posts ago. It took around 6 posts of me reminding him and me sharing my sinking suspicions about him to finally get the bulletin reply, with a message that he it will be his last post towards me.

As we see with this latest post of his, he continues to misrepresent the and gaslight as though he isn't being bad actor. So now I will being figuring out how to use the "Ignore" button. Unlike, William I am a man of my word and I will not be responding to him or his obsessive compulsive partisan Ad Homs and misinformation.. 

Here's how sane people on the left talk about J6 Fedsurrection and RussiaGate Collusion Hoaxes, and the Atlantic publication.. 

3 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Elie Mystal is a radical leftist who is in no way representative of liberals. But what he said in the video about our founding fathers being racists and misogynists who didn't believe that women have any rights, is pretty much true. He was pointing that out to show why the arguments for reversing Roe vs. Wade don't make any sense.

SL: Defund the Police isn't a serious proposition among Democrats.

MK:

This video isn't about defunding the police. Its about reforming the police. Democrats in Congress never considered defunding the police. There was just some talk about reforming the police, but that idea died out.

MK: Liberals are turning against Christianity.

Oh my gosh, LOL. Liberals aren't turning against Christianity, as you put it. They are against Christian Nationalism! Everybody should be against that Matthew. Even you should be.

12 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Elie Mystal is a radical leftist who is in no way representative of liberals. But what he said in the video about our founding fathers being racists and misogynists who didn't believe that women have any rights, is pretty much true. He was pointing that out to show why the arguments for reversing Roe vs. Wade don't make any sense.

This video isn't about defunding the police. Its about reforming the police. Democrats in Congress never considered defunding the police. There was just some talk about reforming the police, but that idea died out.

Oh my gosh, LOL. Liberals aren't turning against Christianity, as you put it. They are against Christian Nationalism! Everybody should be against that Matthew. Even you should be.

Elie Mystal is a frequent MSNBC guest

You said MSNBC doesn't talk about defunding the police, video proves that to be incorrect. 

MSNBC: everyone I don't like is a "Christian Nationalist" which is a dog whistle. Guess that's the new propaganda term from "White Nationalist" which now that Democrats seek in Micro Agressions that means a White Person who supports the Founding Fathers and the Constitution. 

So I showed real examples that showed that what you said was incorrect using your own sources and you won't accept the the information even when it comes from the Network you watch.. I think I might put you on ignore with William since you are too partisan.. 

Edited by Matthew Koch

58 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Yes, I am correct or yes, I am incorrect? 

I just did a quick search online and the first few answers show that the last time the USA was debt free was between 1835 & 1837. The national debt was being created long before FDR took office. What I think you mean is that its got completely out of control in more recent times. 

Correct.

National Debt Graph 1940 -- 2020: Zooming Again

RE; You Tube Nuking

Starting on Jan 9th, David Pakman, Breaking Points and a number of online sites have experienced what Youtube is explaining as a temporary glitch.. But Youtube is reporting their customer base ratings have collapsed when they haven't.  These smaller sites depend on the customer base ratings growing to make expenditures and expand.

I've noticed in both youtube and twitter, I now have to fill in the search bar for programming  that I previously was given from the gitgo. Specifically on twitter, I'm being directed to right wing sites and it's more difficult to get where I want to go.  I thought it would be corrected by persistently searching for my previously preferred sites and podcasts, but I've seen no improvement.

Kyle Kulinski, whose Krystal Ball's beau, does a sequence below on it.

This is really BS, and it's getting beyond the point that there is a reasonable explanation!

12 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

RE; You Tube Nuking

Starting on Jan 9th, David Pakman, Breaking Points and a number of online sites have experienced what Youtube is explaining as a temporary glitch.. But Youtube is reporting their customer base ratings have collapsed when they haven't.  These smaller sites depend on the customer base ratings growing to make expenditures and expand.

I've noticed in both youtube and twitter, I now have to fill in the search bar for programming  that I previously was given from the gitgo. Specifically on twitter, I'm being directed to right wing sites and it's more difficult to get where I want to go.  I thought it would be corrected by persistently searching for my previously preferred sites and podcasts, but I've seen no improvement.

Kyle Kulinski, whose Krystal Ball's beau, does a sequence below on it.

This is really BS, and it's getting beyond the point that there is a reasonable explanation!

David Pakman huh? 

I'm starting to understand why you think the way you do.. 

Of course the topic I'm raising is about free access to information.

Since I always work you into a lather Matthew. I'll say at least half of the JFK assassinations conspiracy films do have at least an aspect element of bullsh-t in them!!!

heh heh heh heh

I'm not in so much of a bubble that I insist all the people around me believe in the JFKAC. He's sort of a detached observer.  He's agitating for the release of the files, and that's fine by me.

In his conversations with Trump cultists and Q anon followers. I would recommend Pakman's use of logic  as a sort of half way house to recovery. But he's definitely not for kiddies.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Since I always work you into a lather Matthew. I'll say at least half of the JFK assassinations conspiracy films do have an element of bullsh-t in them!!!

heh heh heh heh

I'm not in so much of a bubble that I insist all the people around me believe in the JFKAC. He's sort of a detached observer.  He's agitating for the release of the files, and that's fine by me.

In his conversations with Trump cultists and Q anon followers. I would recommend Pakman's use of logic  as a sort of half way house to recovery. But he's definitely not for kiddies.

It’s sort of cute that you have a hero, even at your age. 🙂 

- Donald Trump January 30, 2023 -

“I recently won big money against “Stormy” in the 9th Circuit – NEVER HAD AN AFFAIR. This is old news!”

- Donald Trump January 31, 2023 -

“With respect to the ‘Stormy’ nonsense, it is VERY OLD & happened a long time ago, long past the very publicly known & accepted deadline of the Statute of Limitations. I placed full Reliance on the JUDGEMENT & ADVICE OF COUNCIL, who I had every reason to believe had a license to practice law, was competent, & was able to appropriately provide solid legal services. He came from a good law firm, represented other clients over the years, & there was NO reason not to rely on him, and I did,”

Dude just can't keep his mouth shut No wonder his lawyers are scared to death of putting him on the stand.

Steve Thomas

So I showed real examples that showed that what you said was incorrect using your own sources and you won't accept the the information even when it comes from the Network you watch.

You were telling me how liberals are. You were generalizing and I showed you how so in each case.

Just because a single liberal, or a group of liberals, says or believes something, doesn't mean that all or most liberals believe the same.

Elie Mystal is a frequent MSNBC guest.

(I never said he wasn't.)

You cherry picked a liberal pundit who lambasted the founding fathers as though it proves that most liberals are like that. Well, we're not.

BTW, Mystal is never a guest on the prime time MSNBC shows I watch (Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, and Lawrence O'Donnell).

You said MSNBC doesn't talk about defunding the police, video proves that to be incorrect. 

I didn't say that. Here is what I said:

"Defund the Police is a radical idea that is primarily supported by minorities. Most people reject it and my news source, MSNBC, rarely mentions it."

What I said is true. "Defund the Police" is old news and I rarely see it mentioned on MSNBC. I mean, sure, they reported on it a long time ago when it was new. But that was then and now is now.

But the important point is that it was always a fringe idea held by minorities that was never going to happen. And that's why the video you produced was about reforming the police -- something that could conceivably take place in Congress -- but certainly not about defunding police.

MSNBC: everyone I don't like is a "Christian Nationalist" which is a dog whistle. Guess that's the new propaganda term from "White Nationalist" which now that Democrats seek in Micro Agressions that means a White Person who supports the Founding Fathers and the Constitution.

Christian Nationalism is where Christians mix their religion with politics and want to run the country like a theocracy. It has no place in a democratic republic like America.

Historically, nations which have shown favoritism toward one religion over another have been nations filled with strife. Theocratic societies are generally not democratic; they're usually somewhat dictatorial.

I oppose Christian Nationalism in America for the same reasons I oppose Muslim Nationalism in America, or even Pastafarian Nationalism in America. I'm not anti-Christian; I simply don't believe that anyone should be held to the interpretation of Christian law, as even different denominations of Christians can't agree as to which interpretation of Christian law should be followed. The same with Sunni and Shiite Muslims. No matter whose religious laws are codified, someone else's freedoms are trampled upon. Hell, Christians [Catholics and Protestants] in Ireland have trouble getting along, to this very day.

My beliefs are my beliefs. My religion should be no more binding on you, in a legal sense, than your religion is binding upon me. 

9 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

Historically, nations which have shown favoritism toward one religion over another have been nations filled with strife. Theocratic societies are generally not democratic; they're usually somewhat dictatorial.

I oppose Christian Nationalism in America for the same reasons I oppose Muslim Nationalism in America, or even Pastafarian Nationalism in America. I'm not anti-Christian; I simply don't believe that anyone should be held to the interpretation of Christian law, as even different denominations of Christians can't agree as to which interpretation of Christian law should be followed. The same with Sunni and Shiite Muslims. No matter whose religious laws are codified, someone else's freedoms are trampled upon. Hell, Christians [Catholics and Protestants] in Ireland have trouble getting along, to this very day.

My beliefs are my beliefs. My religion should be no more binding on you, in a legal sense, than your religion is binding upon me.

Well stated, Mark.