The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

From the CJR:

The (Donk election) lawyer who hired Fusion, Marc Elias, testified, in 2022, that he would brief Sullivan and other Clinton campaign officials about Fusion’s findings, having been updated himself through regular meetings with (Fusion'ers) Simpson and Fritsch. With Elias as the intermediary, the Fusion founders could write in 2019 that “no one in the company has ever met or spoken to” Clinton.

---

The Clinton campaign put out a statement on Twitter, linking to what it called the “bombshell report” on Yahoo (on Carter Page), but did not disclose that the campaign secretly paid the researchers who pitched it to (Yahoo reporter) Isikoff. In essence, the campaign was boosting, through the press, a story line it had itself engineered.

---30---

But not everyone held back. In late September, Michael Isikoff, chief investigative correspondent at Yahoo News, published a story about the allegation, confirmed that Reid was referring to Page, and added a new detail that he says was key: a senior law enforcement source said the Page matters were “being looked at.” That was accurate—the FBI was already investigating Steele’s dossier—but it would later emerge that the FBI clandestinely surveilled Page and those he communicated with on the campaign based on seriously flawed applications to the secret surveillance court. The applications not only relied heavily on the unsubstantiated dossier, but they left out exculpatory evidence, including Page’s previous cooperation with the CIA and more recent statements he made to an undercover FBI informant, according to a subsequent Justice Department inquiry. Page would quickly deny the allegations to other reporters and write a letter to Comey denouncing the “completely false media reports” and mentioning his “decades” of having “interacted” with the “FBI and CIA.” But, after the Yahoo piece, he stepped down from his volunteer position with the (Trump) campaign.

---30---

Long knives in DC...how the game is played. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Matt:

The Columbia Journalism Review is more or less saying Russiagate was a hoax story. They are separate from Taibbi and Greenwald, although I regard both as excellent independent reporters.

As stated, I think the Russiagate story now needs to be examined as an intel-state soft-coup or regime-change op, with a complicit, semi-witting media. 

Manafort gave some private-sector polling date to someone who was working for Deripaska? So what? Is that a crime? A national security breach? 

Ponder the CJR four-part story.

Has CJR also become Russian stooges and anti-American? Or, is CJR raising serious issues about a hoax story? 

It's interesting how actual liberals tend to not believe in the Russia Collusion Hoax..

14 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

It goes to show how his logic discerning abilities are, he also thinks Russiacollusion hoax is real, so they're not great. Your Argentinean liberal Guru was on Iranian Sylvester Stallone.. and while he didn't get BTFO'd like Degrasse Tyson on the Jab but he still looked silly. 

Whew Matthew! I didn't see all this!  (4 posts to Me?!)  You know, I actually predicted that Matthew would have some comment about Pakman, and Chris would follow suit, and sure enough it happened exactly that way! But then 3 more Matthew posts? That was like what we call in the U.S. a Grand Slam Prophecy. 

All right seriously, It looks like we can't put it off. I'm going to have to have a Man to Men talk with you guys. My main focus will be Matthew.

Matthew you just continually seem to want my attention. I truly wish when you guys wake up in the morning and log on to the forum, that the first thing you did was not to scroll down to the bottom, to see if I'm here. I truly do wish you guys were scrolling down to the bottom to look for Jim Di, like most normal people who come here.

You understand I must protect myself. I have this prepared statement to make:

I know with modern social media the sense of desolation and isolation you must feel when you log on to the forum, and immediately jump down to the bottom of the page and find that I'm not here. I'm sympathetic, but I'm not responsible for these feelings of emptiness and desperation. I wish that for no one, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it. And I must tell you now, I have no legal responsibility!

I'd suggest first limiting your time  here gradually to maybe ...80 hours a week, with an idea of maybe  taking a break from social media altogether, but I know that will probably be met with deaf ears.
I wish nothing but the best, Good luck!

On a less serious note.  Corruption is so rampant! Chief Justice John Robert's wife,Jane Sullivan Roberts, has made millions in her career recruiting lawyers to prominent law firms, some of which have business before the court. Now, a letter sent to Congress claims that's presents a conflict of interest! 

It seems like 70% or more of this thread in recent months has been dedicated to people reading and then correcting Mathew Koch and Ben Cole's misconceptions about Russiagate, Trump's J6 coup attempt, and, now, Trump's Ukraine-gate/Zelensky extortion scandal in 2019.

A big part of the problem is that Mathew and Ben never studied or listened to the damning evidence in the cases of Russia-gate, Ukraine-gate, or J6-- i.e., the Mueller and Senate Intel Reports, the Ukraine-gate impeachment testimony, or the J6 Committee testimony.  Rather, they have misinterpreted these Trump scandals on the basis of disinformation and false alternate narratives in the MAGA-verse media.

I have already posted references and summaries of the Russia-gate and J6 evidence for Ben and Mathew.

Here is a good summary of the damning Ukraine-gate impeachment testimony against Trump and Giuliani, by members of Trump's own administration-- including Trump's former EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland, former Ukrainian Ambassador Marie Yovanovich, and Trump's former NSC Russia expert, Dr. Fiona Hill.

I'll wager that Ben and Mathew never watched the Ukraine-gate impeachment testimony in the House.

Key players in the Trump impeachment probe and what they testified to Congress - ABC News (go.com)

December 4, 2019

Edited by W. Niederhut

14 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Gotcha.

Ron- is the heating situation in Texas done via electricity? Why would natural gas not be used?

I think 90% or more of homes in cities and newer ones in the rural areas (last 30-50 years) are heated by electricity.  Some rural homes still have propane tanks.  90% plus of our electric power comes from natural gas.  Why I had another new record electric bill last month of $536.  A mild Dec-Jan for us, one 3 day run of lows of 10 and two more nights in the teens.  Otherwise, lows in the mid to upper 30's and 40's.  Highs in the 50's-60's-70's, even a couple of days over 80. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

It's interesting how actual liberals tend to not believe in the Russia Collusion Hoax..

This seems to be the latest MAGA/Kremlin propaganda technique: invent fake liberal opposition.

Both of the people above, "American Exception" and Taibbi, aren't "actual liberals" but RW mouthpieces.

Edited by Matt Allison

34 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Whew Matthew! I didn't see all this!  (4 posts to Me?!)  You know, I actually predicted that Matthew would have some comment about Pakman, and Chris would follow suit, and sure enough it happened exactly that way! But then 3 more Matthew posts? That was like what we call in the U.S. a Grand Slam Prophecy. 

All right seriously, It looks like we can't put it off. I'm going to have to have a Man to Men talk with you guys. My main focus will be Matthew.

Matthew you just continually seem to want my attention. I truly wish when you guys wake up in the morning and log on to the forum, that the first thing you did was not to scroll down to the bottom, to see if I'm here. I truly do wish you guys were scrolling down to the bottom to look for Jim Di, like most normal people who come here.

I know with modern social media the sense of desolation and isolation you must feel when you log on to the forum, and immediately jump down to the bottom of the page and find that I'm not here. I'm sympathetic, but I'm not responsible for these feelings of emptiness and desperation. I wish that for no one, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about it. And I must tell you now, I have no legal responsibility!

I'd suggest first limiting your time  here gradually to maybe ...80 hours a week, with an idea of maybe  taking a break from social media altogether, but I know that will probably be met with deaf ears.

On a less serious note.  Corruption is so rampant! Chief Justice John Robert's wife,Jane Sullivan Roberts, has made millions in her career recruiting lawyers to prominent law firms, some of which have business before the court. Now, a letter sent to Congress claims that's presents a conflict of interest! 

@Matthew Koch sounds like you are living in Kirk’s head, rent free. 😌

32 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I think 90% or more of homes in cities and newer ones in the rural areas (last 30-50 years) are heated by electricity.  Some rural homes still have propane tanks.  90% plus of our electric power comes from natural gas.  Why I had another new record electric bill last month of $536.  A mild Dec-Jan for us, one 3 day run of lows of 10 and two more nights in the teens.  Otherwise, lows in the mid to upper 30's and 40's.  Highs in the 50's-60's-70's, eve a couple of days over 80. 

Just cancelled our second flight this week (for tomorrow) out of Love Field.  Too icy to drive anywhere in north Texas.

Incidentally, our utility bills up in Colorado also surged this winter.

I think the culprit is the price of natural gas.

53 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I count two posts since our last interaction, I assume must be relying on Niederhut to read things for you.. 

The phenomona I feel like I noticed with you is where you disappear until after the page turns and then you show up for some sun once it's safe. Thus I've found it amusing to reply to you (usually with Iranian Sylvester Stallone) and see you disappear under a rock until it's safe to come out.

Kirk just an FYI I'm not on here 80hrs, I keep a tab open while I'm editing and check in to see what you TDS/people who think the SS shot JFK are up to.. 

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

This seems to be the latest MAGA/Kremlin propaganda technique: invent fake liberal opposition.

Both of the people above, "American Exception" and Taibbi, aren't "actual liberals" but RW mouthpieces.

mAtT aLlIsOn unblocked me,lols,  does that mean I should block him for the sake of the forum?🤔 

Maybe you should try reading Aaron Goods Book on JFK and you'll see he is not rightwing at all. In fact it's so funny you said this, someone needs to screenshoot this and show Aaron, I bet he'll get a chuckle. But, you've got your own little "flat earth" type conspiracy that can't be proven, that Putin secretly runs the world with Russian double agents.. So I understand why you don't.. 

Edited by Matthew Koch

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

omg that's insane. WTF wow

Yep, those anti-Russian sanctions and the blowing up of the Nordstream natural gas pipeline have really worked a treat.

Edited by John Cotter

Well, add The Colombia Journalism Review, and its writer Jeff Gerth and editor Kyle Pope to those who say Russiagate was largely a hoax, aided by a complicit media. 

Gerth spent three decades as an investigative reporter at the NYT. Pope was an editor at the NY Observer and WSJ. 

Really, both Gerth and Pope have long track records in journalism in DC and NY.

They are Russian stooges also? 

It is time to examine Russiagate as an intel-state op, with media complicity. "Again," I should say--is this not a recurrent feature of US politics? 

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/trumped-up-press-versus-president-ed-note.php

No doubt, this four-part series will go unread by some in this forum. So it goes. 

Remember the official lies that are most appealing are those the flatter your biases. And that is when you should be most skeptical. 

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Just cancelled our second flight this week (for tomorrow) out of Love Field.  Too icy to drive anywhere in north Texas.

Incidentally, our utility bills up in Colorado also surged this winter.

I think the culprit is the price of natural gas.

1700 flights cancelled today between D/FW and Love Field I read.  Slicker than snot out there.  Got bundled up and walked to the mailbox, about 200 yards.  In the ditch where weeds and grass provided traction for my old lug soled hunting boots.  The road was to slick to walk or drive.  Two rounds of granular sleet topped by freezing rain which froze on top of it.