• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Zero Hedge is a right-wing blog that poses as a financial site. Posts there are written anonymously by a "Tyler Durden" who is a character in the movie Fight Club, played by Brad Pitt. That's the person you see in their Twitter profile photo.

The site owner was outed as a Russian media asset a few years back, which surprised no one that was already used to their anti-America, pro-Putin rhetoric.

Marjorie Taylor Greene serves notice to Kevin McCarthy that he needs to hand her 'a lot of power'

by Tom Boggioni 08/17/22

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-kevin-mccarthy-2658460886/

"[Marjorie] Taylor Greene told [Robert] Draper (of the New York Times) in what he called, "a flat, unemotional voice," that, “I think that to be the best speaker of the House and to please the base, he’s going to give me a lot of power and a lot of leeway.”

She then added, "And if he doesn’t, they’re going to be very unhappy about it. I think that’s the best way to read that. And that’s not in any way a threat at all. I just think that’s reality.”"

Oh goody. We get to have Marjorie Taylor Greene running our lives.

If the Republicans do get control of the House, you can expect a battle royale over who's running things.

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Zero Hedge is a right-wing blog that poses as a financial site. Posts there are written anonymously by a "Tyler Durden" who is a character in the movie Fight Club, played by Brad Pitt. That's the person you see in their Twitter profile photo.

The site owner was outed as a Russian media asset a few years back, which surprised no one that was already used to their anti-America, pro-Putin rhetoric.

Thanks for giving us an example of what Obama said, Matt!! 

(BTW) Tyler Durden posts links to articles written by other people, Matt conveniently left that part out ; ) 
As we can see Matt, Obama Said what was attributed to him by "Tyler" 

Edited by Matthew Koch
added a comma

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

May be an image of 5 people, people sitting and people standing

He told the world he feels bad for his friend ... this "convicted" child sex trafficking predator.

Sad that she had to go to jail.

What's that old saying..."people judge you by the company you keep."?

Edited by Joe Bauer

I don't watch much television, other than occasional football games, (which are almost unwatchable in Colorado this year) but it sounds like the pre-election, dark-money-funded GOP television ads are starting to flood the airwaves this month.

For this we can thank the disastrous 5-4 Koch/Federalist Society SCOTUS's Citizen's United ruling, which wiped out a century of campaign finance reforms in the U.S.  MAGA!!!

As for GOP ads this month, I'm guessing that they will focus on; 1) fear-mongering about brown people, and 2) blaming Democrats for inflation caused by highly-profitable corporate price gouging.

I will also make a wild guess that the GOP ads will not be advertising the top two GOP priorities if Repubs regain control of Congress-- 1)  protecting the Trump/GOP tax cuts for billionaires, and 2) cutting funding for Social Security and Medicare.

politicalwire.com/2022/10/17/republicans-plan-push-to-extend-trump-tax-cuts/
www.commondreams.org/news/2022/10/14/corporate-media-mostly-ignoring-gop-ploy-cut-social-security-and-medicare

Edited by W. Niederhut

Disappointing that Dems are blowing the midterms. They had the wind at their backs since summer and have done literally nothing to address or even talk about the economic challenges families face. It's all about abortion, cutlure wars, etc. Herschel Walker's election as a US senator will be fitting end to this place.

13 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I like Baker, but I think he misses a big part of what he is describing here -- at least from the rightwing perspective -- they like Russians because they are white.