• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I do not find the espousing of poopooism to be a legitimate form of civil discourse.

Steve Thomas

Funny thing to say for someone always trying to smear the other side as being that 

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Oof. Trump the dolt keeps rearing his head. At this rate he isn't going to make it to the primaries.

He'd better do a 3rd party run once they refuse him the nomination; we Dems need him to help us win!

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I still can't quite believe that these election and J6 coup-denying GOP scoundrels managed to re-acquire majority control of the House.

Fox News deserves a lot of credit for this travesty-- for assiduously censoring the real news and pushing false narratives about the Trump/GOP January 6th debacle.

If I recall correctly, polls taken even after the damning Congressional J6 hearings showed that a majority of Republicans were still in complete denial about Trump's multi-faceted efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

Fixed mass delusions.

kevin mccarthy

Hard as it may be to believe, the WaPo just accused Elon Musk of having a "free speech agenda" at Twitter. Yes, that is where we are today in M$M-land. 

It is bad to have a "free speech agenda." 

Glenn Greenwald summed up matters thusly: 

"But the self-evident absurdity of this laughable meltdown (over Musk-twitter) and the ease of mocking it should not obscure that there are lurking within these episodes some genuinely insidious and serious dangers. These preposterous media employees are just the sideshow. But what they are doing, unwittingly or otherwise, is laying the groundwork for far less frivolous and more serious people to use the attacks on Musk to further fortify the regime of censorship they have been constructing: the limitlessly demonizing language heaped on him, the success they have already had in driving away many if not most corporate advertisers from Twitter, the threats to once again abuse the monopoly power of Google and Apple to destroy Twitter or at least cripple it if Musk does not comply with their censorship orders (as they succeeded in doing last year to the free speech site Parler when it became the most-downloaded app in the country and refused to censor on demand).

https://systemupdate.substack.com/p/the-medias-deranged-hysteria-over

---30---

If we err, let us err on the side of free speech. In this regard, Musk is making the right decisions.

As for Musk's personality and management skills...well, I will leave that to others. 

On 11/26/2022 at 6:40 AM, Steve Thomas said:

- Nick Fuentes -

"We need to shut up, elect Donald Trump one more time, and then stop having elections'

"Maybe get rid of Congress altogether".

Steve Thomas

Lets find out what really happened... Starts in 15 minutes 

Yes, this is a headline--a vetted headline!---in the WaPo:

Elon Musk’s free-speech agenda poses safety risks on global stage

It has come to this. The "bad guys" have free speech agendas. 

Musk is un-good. 

Let us highlight all disagreeable Musk personality traits, and then send in the torpedoes....

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Yes, this is a headline--a vetted headline!---in the WaPo:

Elon Musk’s free-speech agenda poses safety risks on global stage

It has come to this. The "bad guys" have free speech agendas. 

Musk is un-good. 

Let us highlight all disagreeable Musk personality traits, and then send in the torpedoes....

Only one person at Twitter enjoys the right to free speech on that platform — Musk.  He can put whomever or whatever he wants on the venue he owns.  If someone goes on his platform and spins vile lies about his advertisers it is his free speech right to ban them.

The right to free speech is not a right to access a venue belonging to someone else.

Right-wing snowflakes cry “Censorship!” when they run afoul of moderation policies they had agreed to prior.

I don’t go on social media, got no respect for snowflakes playing victim.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

4 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Me neither Steve.

An interesting question.

In the not-so-distant past the ACLU defended the right of N*zis to march in Skokie, Illinois, which happened to have a high concentration of concentration camp survivors.  

BTW, I loath, detest and revile N*zis. 

What is your view of the ACLU?