The Education Forum

Ed Haslam's book Dr. Mary's Monkey: I want honest opinions

Vince Palamara

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

What could Dr. Mary Sherman have done to anyone to enrage them to a degree of savagery so brutal in the manner in which she was tortuously killed?

One could guess that she was just coincidentally chosen or at the wrong place at the wrong time to be this monster's target.

The official investigation didn't turn up any typical savage overkill motive profiles did it? Have only read magazine articles about it myself.

Spurned lover, lover jealousy, robbery and or robbery walk in, business deal or loan deal gone wrong, weird sex or devil worshipping club activity, whistle blower revenge, etc?

The strange machine burning monstrous brutality of her murder along with it's never being solved along with her high position connection work which was very dark agenda truly does make it a story worthy of conspiracy study versus dismissing it as nothing more than a scam to make a lot of book sale monies imo.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

After listening to this segment go to the all new UPDATED Interview recorded with the author on 7/20/15. You can find this Part 2 ...

Seemed a horrific death and for whatever reason, they had to cover it up and do the usual posthumous character assassination afterwards. If it was an accident. they could have dealt with it so many other ways. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haslam sometimes draws some far-fetched conclusions based on the investigating he does, which is often cursory, but he doesn't pretend to be more thorough than he is. The mystery of this violent death of Dr. Mary Sherman and the staged fire as inept cover-up makes for a compelling topic. Haslam writes an intro for Judyth Vary Baker's book, which is an entirely different style of storytelling. I'm not going to ignore this, unless someone else has a better explanation.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gregg Wager said:

Haslam sometimes draws some far-fetched conclusions based on the investigating he does, which is often cursory, but he doesn't pretend to be more thorough than he is. The mystery of this violent death of Dr. Mary Sherman and the staged fire as inept cover-up makes for a compelling topic. Haslam writes an intro for Judyth Vary Baker's book, which is an entirely different style of storytelling. I'm not going to ignore this, unless someone else has a better explanation.

I agree.

I was impressed enough by Haslam in the interview to want to know more.

It isn't his intelligent and reasonable sounding presentation style alone that makes him credible imo.

It's a combination of other things such as his personal background connection to Dr. Sherman from early childhood via his father who was also an Orthopedic Surgeon like Sherman and was quite socially and professionally close to her. 

Growing up the son of an established Orthopedic Surgeon Haslam is obviously familiar with the basic terminology of this specific medical field profession enough to know what people like Sherman and his father would be talking about regards their daily practice activities. 

Knowing of and what this Linear Accelerator was all about relative to it's potential use in cancer research is also another credibility point in Haslam's favor imo.

Haslam has uncovered facts about Sherman, Oschner and others from several different perspectives that no one before him has. His research findings in this area would be easy to refute if they were found to be untrue through someone else's contrary findings.

I can't say I am instantly convinced about some of his conclusions, however, his main story line is fascinating and because of his factual documentation, worthy of more study.

In MF+TMV Haslam developed a cult following of sorts, of which I was one.  His insights and odd coincidences and connections presented tantalizing clues as to what may have happened to Dr. Mary Sherman.  But then it turned out that he created the parallel universe that Judyth Baker walked right into and began laying claim to.  That is something entirely different, to my thinking.  I became increasingly skeptical of the two of them.  Turns out it was Haslam who brought Judyth to 60 Minutes in the first place.  Both of them happen to be from Bradenton, FL. Coincidence?  I don't know.  But now I wonder what part JVB might have played in the development of MF+TMV.  Haslam just 'happened' to run into a Judyth imposter early-on.  I don't buy it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been working together all along...

Edited by Pamela Brown

2 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

In MF+TMV Haslam developed a cult following of sorts, of which I was one.  His insights and odd coincidences and connections presented tantalizing clues as to what may have happened to Dr. Mary Sherman.  But then it turned out that he created the parallel universe that Judyth Baker walked right into and began laying claim to.  That is something entirely different, to my thinking.  I became increasingly skeptical of the two of them.  Turns out it was Haslam who brought Judyth to 60 Minutes in the first place.  Both of them happen to be from Bradenton, FL. Coincidence?  I don't know.  But now I wonder what part JVB might have played in the development of MF+TMV.  Haslam just 'happened' to run into a Judyth imposter early-on.  I don't buy it.

I am open to anything at this point.

Pamela, Haslam mentions in this interview that CBS's 60 Minutes spent 14 months investigating the JVB story before eventually deciding to let it go.

Is that a very long time to commit to investigating a major story even for 60 Minutes?  Maybe it isn't as well. I am not familiar with investigative time efforts for 60 Minutes.

Still, think of the 60 Minutes time, effort, money and man hours that went into this investigation.

Not hard to consider that CBS must have had enough material from Haslam and their own investigators that was intriguing enough for them to spend that much time on the case.

If Haslam's story was all an obvious and easily refuted money making scam, I believe 60 Minutes ( after decades of experience in screening out scam stories from honest ones ) would have caught this as such in the first few months.

4 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Working together for who. . . ?  Surely not those who guided LHO at this late date in time, still.

Edited by Ron Bulman

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Working together for who. . . ?  Surely not those who guided LHO at this late date in time, still.

Occam's razor would tell us if they were, they were working together for personal gain. 

However, note that Haslam did work with Gus Russo. However, it was before Russo "turned" and he was introduced to Russo by a well respected researcher. 

Still, Russo is a red flag. 

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I am open to anything at this point.

Pamela, Haslam mentions in this interview that CBS's 60 Minutes spent 14 months investigating the JVB story before eventually deciding to let it go.

Is that a very long time to commit to investigating a major story even for 60 Minutes?  Maybe it isn't as well. I am not familiar with investigative time efforts for 60 Minutes.

Still, think of the 60 Minutes time, effort, money and man hours that went into this investigation.

Not hard to consider that CBS must have had enough material from Haslam and their own investigators that was intriguing enough for them to spend that much time on the case.

If Haslam's story was all an obvious and easily refuted money making scam, I believe 60 Minutes ( after decades of experience in screening out scam stories from honest ones ) would have caught this as such in the first few months.

Hi Joe,

My research mentor is a former 60 Minutes associate producer (Roger Charles) and they worked on many stories -- and as it turns out, more than a few didn't check out. JVB's was just one of many of those stories, to be sure. That they dropped the story tells us they did discover the bogus material that Walt Brown has documented very well in his JVB book. 

Haslam had a very substantial and interesting thesis in his first book (before it was renamed, the 1995 edition) regarding Mary Sherman. The later edition then added the JVB garbage to produce a synthesis: some good research material, which then had some bogus material added to it.  

The problem is the JVB stuff that is added, and some of the new conclusions Haslam added. Ultimately, the later edition of Haslam's book was "spiced up."  So it started out good, but ended up polluted. 

What is the definition of disinformation? Real, good, actual information that is verifiable that has bogus material added to it. Haslam's book fits this definition. I don't believe the work was intentional disinformation, rather, it seems that what was originally a well intentioned endeavor of research on Mary Sherman that morphed in the late 2000s edition when he added all the JVB stuff, which I do believe was probably for personal gain. To sell books. Note how Vince noted how well it appears to have sold. (and here is where I say never pay attention to how popular something is: it's the worst indicator of quality. Look to modern music to see this in practice. A #1 album is usually a piece of flaming garbage)

Here is Jim's review which notes what parts of this flawed work are good:

https://kennedysandking.com/articles/haslam-ed-dr-mary-s-monkey 

What Pamela wrote here is also a very good explanation of what the book turned into, what it might actually be, and what the bad parts of it are. 

5 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

Hi Joe,

My research mentor is a former 60 Minutes associate producer (Roger Charles) and they worked on many stories -- and as it turns out, more than a few didn't check out. JVB's was just one of many of those stories, to be sure. That they dropped the story tells us they did discover the bogus material that Walt Brown has documented very well in his JVB book. 

Haslam had a very substantial and interesting thesis in his first book (before it was renamed, the 1995 edition) regarding Mary Sherman. The later edition then added the JVB garbage to produce a synthesis: some good research material, which then had some bogus material added to it.  

The problem is the JVB stuff that is added, and some of the new conclusions Haslam added. Ultimately, the later edition of Haslam's book was "spiced up."  So it started out good, but ended up polluted. 

What is the definition of disinformation? Real, good, actual information that is verifiable that has bogus material added to it. Haslam's book fits this definition. I don't believe the work was intentional disinformation, rather, it seems that what was originally a well intentioned endeavor of research on Mary Sherman that morphed in the late 2000s edition when he added all the JVB stuff, which I do believe was probably for personal gain. To sell books. Note how Vince noted how well it appears to have sold. (and here is where I say never pay attention to how popular something is: it's the worst indicator of quality. Look to modern music to see this in practice. A #1 album is usually a piece of flaming garbage)

Here is Jim's review which notes what parts of this flawed work are good:

https://kennedysandking.com/articles/haslam-ed-dr-mary-s-monkey 

What Pamela wrote here is also a very good explanation of what the book turned into, what it might actually be, and what the bad parts of it are. 

Your assessment above sounds logical to me regards Haslam's research work on Mary Sherman being tainted by his JVB promotion.

Haslam had a personal familial relationship with Mary Sherman going back to his childhood. Obviously a warm memory one.

This fact explains why he would want to know the how, why and who behind her brutal, unsolved murder beyond just wanting to make money doing a book on her and her death imo. 

The JVB/Oswald story is a nagging one for me.

There is "just enough" documented evidence ( if even barely ) of curious coincidences with it that keeps it from being totally dismissive and bogus imo.  

Just one of several...I don't think Baker's and Oswald's same day hire and almost same day dismissal from Reilly Coffee Company is simply meaningless coincidence.

And as discredited, personally difficult and eccentric and book profit minded as Baker has been described, her involvement in New Orleans and with Oshner's clinic ( if even in a minor way) and her personal academic background from a young age gives (again) just barely enough credibility to keep at least parts of her story worthy of some consideration versus none imo.

Has she exaggerated her personal relationship with Oswald? It sounds like she has...but that nagging little gnat of odd coincidence doubt just bugs me about her story from time to time.

Edited by Joe Bauer

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

The JVB/Oswald story is a nagging one for me.

I dismiss it almost immediately. It's so patently obvious what she's doing. I laugh when I see her inserting herself into moments of history. "I was there when Oswald wrote that letter" -- what guy forces their girlfriend to sit there while he writes a letter? No one. You write a letter it's when you are alone, or you're busy. If you're seeing your secret girlfriend you don't force her to sit and observe as you write a clandestine letter. She takes things and just injects herself into them. It's really bad Mary Sue fan fiction.

Walt Brown probably best documented how bogus her story is, which shouldn't be necessary at all, but unfortunately it really is necessary in this case. Which is sad, really. 

I totally dismiss her as a somewhat crazy person and a fabricator. 

22 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

I dismiss it almost immediately. It's so patently obvious what she's doing. I laugh when I see her inserting herself into moments of history. "I was there when Oswald wrote that letter" -- what guy forces their girlfriend to sit there while he writes a letter? No one. You write a letter it's when you are alone, or you're busy. If you're seeing your secret girlfriend you don't force her to sit and observe as you write a clandestine letter. She takes things and just injects herself into them. It's really bad Mary Sue fan fiction.

Walt Brown probably best documented how bogus her story is, which shouldn't be necessary at all, but unfortunately it really is necessary in this case. Which is sad, really. 

I totally dismiss her as a somewhat crazy person and a fabricator. 

I think Haslam got waylaid by JVB, whose story I dismiss. I listened to an interview on local radio a few years back. She like ‘where’s Waldo’, suddenly everywhere and an expert on every facet. So the book is popular? Next it will be on QAnon’s reading list. 

Jim Garrison himself suggested the Reilly Coffee company was used as a phony job cover operation by government agencies.

He also mentioned NASA I believe. May be wrong with Nasa but some aerospace company.

Cover jobs. This is common practice for companies in that loop.  Front companies.

E.Howard Hunt's employment with Robert R. Mullen company. Malcolm Wallace's job placements. It's so common it's not even a secret.

Oswald getting work at Reilly's ( absolutely no dispute about this fact ) is a huge tip off regards his connection in some way with intel imo.

His job is to maintain and service coffee grinding machines? Dirty oily job. Not Oswald by any stretch.

Oswald would never have even applied for such work.

He is so non-serious about the job and neglects his duties there so blatantly and is engaged in Cuba promoting leaflet work and is fired within weeks? JVB herself punches and signs his end of day time card at least once because he would leave early? How could JVB be close enough in her work to Oswald to cover for him like that?

JVB is gone within one day of Oswald's firing?

JVB is hired to a position at Reilly Coffee she has absolutely no training or work experience for? She has joked about her being placed in this job.

This laughably incongruous employment scenario for both Oswald and JVB means nothing?

JVB is hired the same day as Oswald? Fired the day after Oswald?

Why fire JVB? Unless someone at Reilly's knew she was close to Oswald personally and maybe even knew of her signing Oswald's time card?

Reilly's Coffee is a suspiciously illogical connecting puzzle piece in Oswald's odd New Orleans activity imo.

I don't discount the fact that Dr. Mary Sherman died a horrific, mysterious unsolved death.  But I never bought the connect of JVB, LHO, the love story and the connection to the JFKA.  Therefore I found the book useless regarding JFK's Assassination.

I think the whole Riley Coffee Co aspect regarding LHO's "work" there and his co workers going on to jobs at NASA likely play into the whole Banister operation, Shaw, the CIA.  Garrison was on to something but he didn't realize the extent of it, didn't have the resources to fully investigate, and was stonewalled, rebuffed and discouraged from doing so. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think Haslam got waylaid by JVB, whose story I dismiss. I listened to an interview on local radio a few years back. She like ‘where’s Waldo’, suddenly everywhere and an expert on every facet. So the book is popular? Next it will be on QAnon’s reading list. 

I'm not aware of the sales figures, but Vince P. started by saying that Haslam's book has sold many copies and/or has lots of positive reviews. May be true.

I suspect that Haslam knowingly, intentionally, and willingly padded his book with JVB's bullxxxx in a mutual effort with JVB to sell books and cultivate a narrative that is designed to bring in income and create conferenced appearances.  

@Ron - I agree re Riley Coffee Co and Garrison. 100%