The Education Forum

Mary Moorman

27 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

FYI for anyone interested. I just found that in the motorcycle photo she had stepped into the middle of the south lane near Brehms position for that photo.

They had no qualms about stepping out;

Jean Hil: "We were standing on the curb and I jumped to the edge of the street and yelled, "Hey, we want to take your picture" 

Edited by Tony Krome

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: I just found the shutter speed could have been closer to 1/100th of a second after basing the example below on 1/50th.
So the motion blur I thought should be 2 inches is more like an inch. And if you split that between background and foreground it would only be a half inch which it plausible. I deleted the post below

Edited by Chris Bristow

2 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

EDIT: I just found the shutter speed could have been closer to 1/100th of a second after basing the example below on 1/50th.
So the motion blur I thought should be 2 inches is more like an inch. And if you split that between background and foreground it would only be a half inch which it plausible. I deleted the post below

The chart below shows panning a car at a 1/125 setting, background blurred

shutter-speed-chart.jpg

5 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

It is obvious that Moorman was wearing white slacks dark blue coat, white socks and black flats

why do you persist with this "High Heels" rubbish.

Moorman.png

Simple.  She appears to be wearing high heels in the crop from the Allen photo above.  She mentions it in the film I cant remember the name of so that's a weakness.  In the Polaroid above there is a hint of her dress and in other photos.  And, lastly in the Sheriff's Office you won't be able to find a video or photo that shows Mary or Jean below the waist.  It is suspicious.  "Rubbish" to some, but a different perception by another.

Your the photo expert so, can you show me a photo of Mary in the Sheriffs Office where you can see her from the waist down.

mary-jean-sheriffs-office.jpg

OBTW, where did you obtain such a clear photo of Mary and her Mustang?

And, did you notice the frame from the Muchmore film showing Jean Hill's bare leg?  It is in the same sequence where the Lady in Blue transforms into the Babushka Lady.  Speaking of the Babushka Lady there is one photo that suggests she was not on Elm Street during the assassination, but came later.

Allen-photo-colorized-named-folk.jpg 

You can't find a photo of Jean from the waist down either.  There is one where you can see the top of her lower attire.  It could be a skirt rather than slacks.

Jean-hills-skirt-no-zipper.jpg

I don't make this stuff up.  I just look at the photos and films with a closer inspection than most.  It comes from having an eye for details.  

47 minutes ago, John Butler said:
7 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Simple.  She appears to be wearing high heels in the crop from the Allen photo above.  She mentions it in the film I cant remember the name of so that's a weakness

Sorry to disagree with you, John, but you are mistaken, Mary is wearing "flatties" not high heels, in the Allen photo. What makes you think that she is wearing high heels?

56 minutes ago, John Butler said:

I don't make this stuff up.  I just look at the photos and films with a closer inspection than most.  It comes from having an eye for details.  

Your "eye for details" sees things in the assassination photo record that not only aren't there, but also defy logic and reality and have been debunked on countless occasions.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, Richard Price said:

John, you need to carefully examine the photos in front of you and realign your perspective.  Through a camera lens, the perspective is changed immensely when moved only slightly.  This and the depth of field in the photo can really mess with your mind if you don't correctly correlate two or more pictures and the distance/location from which they were taken.  I believe the correct correlation is shown below with the circles of the same color reflecting the same trees.

As close to the original location as possible. It helps out tremendously:

Added on Edit: Aspect ratio change on WC photo of 145% x 125% for sizing.

TSBD-Trees1.gif

Edited by Chris Davidson

7 hours ago, John Butler said:

Simple.  She appears to be wearing high heels in the crop from the Allen photo above.  She mentions it in the film I cant remember the name of so that's a weakness.  In the Polaroid above there is a hint of her dress and in other photos.  And, lastly in the Sheriff's Office you won't be able to find a video or photo that shows Mary or Jean below the waist.  It is suspicious.  "Rubbish" to some, but a different perception by another.

Your the photo expert so, can you show me a photo of Mary in the Sheriffs Office where you can see her from the waist down.

mary-jean-sheriffs-office.jpg

OBTW, where did you obtain such a clear photo of Mary and her Mustang?

And, did you notice the frame from the Muchmore film showing Jean Hill's bare leg?  It is in the same sequence where the Lady in Blue transforms into the Babushka Lady.  Speaking of the Babushka Lady there is one photo that suggests she was not on Elm Street during the assassination, but came later.

Allen-photo-colorized-named-folk.jpg 

You can't find a photo of Jean from the waist down either.  There is one where you can see the top of her lower attire.  It could be a skirt rather than slacks.

Jean-hills-skirt-no-zipper.jpg

Mary and Jean had gone home and changed there clothes, and most likely they had also changed into formal dress shoes.

6 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

As close to the original location as possible. It helps out tremendously:

Added on Edit: Aspect ratio change on WC photo of 145% x 125% for sizing.

TSBD-Trees1.gif

Chris, 

That is really interesting.  I certainly agree angles can throw you off.  The angle of the photographs certainly seems to be the same in these photos.  They may be misleading.

We have to remember where Mary took her Polaroid of Glen McBride.  What's the angle from Mary's alleged location?  She was down at the Grassy Knoll and according to Zapruder she is at about Z 300.  If one tries to move her an inch from that spot they will more than likely be in big trouble.  Many folks are outraged at the notion she took a step into the street.

Here I have he same problem with the Polaroid that I have with Altgens 6.  Shouldn't we see the Stemmons sign in the Polaroid?  

No trouble from me, but from what I have read, others.  I'm not going to fight that argument since I think she was in another location according to Jean Hill in Hill Exhibit No. 5.  Here is her location in the Bronson film which seems to agree with other films.

bronson-film-scene-elm-st.jpg

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  All of the trees in Dealey Park were planted at about the same time.  Live Oaks, I believe.  They were fairly young trees and not tall.  Certainly not big enough to cover the west wall.  I don't think any were more than 20 or 30 feet tall.  30 feet may be too much.

From Mary's position in 1963:  

tsbd-1963.png

Perspective and angles do make a difference.  Mary's Polaroid appears to me to be have taken closer to the TSBD than her location in Zapruder.  Maybe the Babushka Lady/Lady in Blue took it.  I don't say this seriously, but it is a speculation if someone wants to work on it.

Edited by John Butler

On 5/6/2021 at 4:57 AM, Tony Krome said:

The chart below shows panning a car at a 1/125 setting, background blurred

shutter-speed-chart.jpg

It's hard to evaluate because I don't know the speed of that car. At 25 miles an hour it would be going 3 times the speed of the limo. 

43 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

It's hard to evaluate because I don't know the speed of that car. At 25 miles an hour it would be going 3 times the speed of the limo. 

Another photo to compare is the Croft photo. I believe he was using a 35mm, unsure of shutter speed. What I did was convert the Croft photo to black & white and compared the blurred people in the background to the people in Moorman. If you find time to do likewise, let me know what you think.

dSUdO9t.jpg

Two Moorman Polaroids taken on the morning of 11/22/63

Jean takes a photo of Mary Ann, Mary Ann takes a photo of Jean.

photo Credit: Jack White.( Click on photo to view FULL SIZE )

Moorman_007.jpg

pojfkwhiteslides09005.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger