The Education Forum

Did You Know ?

Magnification incidences between the sprocket holes is usually 5%.

In this example, it does not cause the addition of a judge's robe to Agent Ready's right side.

On his left side, he has just removed his right arm from the handhold which means he either didn't have his left arm/hand holding onto the handhold or he was gripping something else.

The two flesh tones at Ready's immediate left could be two human heads (lower head looking down and inward with white collar-the upper looking towards Z) but the size compared to the agent in the back seat furthest away, is wrong.

20735f0380f212f4100.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, Chris Davidson said:

My comparison frame, shot with a B/H 414, full zoom on the same Z pedestal.

There were obvious alteration problems which were rectified.

8MM-Sprocket-Holes.gif

Maybe not so obvious!!!

Pincushion.gif

On 5/27/2021 at 12:49 AM, Chris Davidson said:

Magnification incidences between the sprocket holes is usually 5%.

In this example, it does not cause the addition of a judge's robe to Agent Ready's right side.

On his left side, he has just removed his right arm from the handhold which means he either didn't have his left arm/hand holding onto the handhold or he was gripping something else.

The two flesh tones at Ready's immediate left could be two human heads (lower head looking down and inward with white collar-the upper looking towards Z) but the size compared to the agent in the back seat furthest away, is wrong.

20735f0380f212f4100.gif

#1 and #3 are the same frame showing the natural spread/magnification between the sprocket holes.
#2 is the sprocket hole area without the natural spread/magnification.
#4 I increased the frame size 5%

SprocketHole-5-Magnification.gif

The difference being, these dual shoulders are in the same zfilm frame, as opposed to separate frames.

This next gif might help by reducing the animated shoulders to a similar size as the base shoulders.

Once applied, we can add the "hands to the throat" gentleman back in, using Ready's white handkerchief for alignment.

Notice what area the "hands to the throat" gentlemen occupies, in relationship to the base film.

Altered is an understatement.

Spread.gif

The extant zframe 212 splice was supposedly a combination of two frames. The bottom half being z212 and the top half being z208.

If you align the objects within the two frames you’ll get an idea of the offset between the sprocket holes for a four frame span reflecting  Zapruder’s panning speed.

The two frames that follow are extant z194 and z205 = 11 frames

The panning distance is approx (blue vertical lines) the same distance as z208-z212.

Plotting JFK’s head within the limo(landmarks) from extant z196.5-z207 = 7.5ft

7.5ft/10.5frames = .714ft per frame x 18.3 = 13.07ft per sec / 1.47 = 8.89mph

The limo is slowing down. Why? Because a shot has occurred and Greer is reacting to it by slowing the vehicle down. Sound familiar at other parts of the extant film?

Assigning the same amount of frames for panning distance removes approx 7 frames from the z208-z212 span.

If you add 7 missing frames back to the 7.5ft plotted distance you have a 7.5ft/17.5 frames = 5.33mph

From extant z184-z196.5 (12 frames) the limo is traveling at 12.45mph.

The average limo speed from extant z184-207 = 12.45 + 8.89mph / 2 = 21.34/2 = 10.67mph (using actual ft/frames = 10.82mph/2 = 5.41mph which is close enough)

10.67mph/2 = 5.335mph

5.335mph removing alternating frames = 10.67mph

The limo didn’t stop at this point, but the limo slowing(among other alterations) had to be removed in order for the Single BS Theory to work with JFK’s reaction we see at extant z224.

Not enough time between shots for one shooter.

KGB206.gif

On 5/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, Chris Davidson said:

The difference being, these dual shoulders are in the same zfilm frame, as opposed to separate frames.

This next gif might help by reducing the animated shoulders to a similar size as the base shoulders.

Once applied, we can add the "hands to the throat" gentleman back in, using Ready's white handkerchief for alignment.

Notice what area the "hands to the throat" gentlemen occupies, in relationship to the base film.

Altered is an understatement.

Spread.gif

If it's hard to comprehend the shoulder enigma, here's an (optical printer/matte) analogy created 10 years prior to the zfilm funnies. https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=ABBOTT+%26+COSTELLO+MEET+DR+JECKYL+AND+MR+HYDE&cat=web&pl=ext-ff&language=english&extVersion=1.3.0

Optical-Printer-1.gif

The raw WC re-enactment film I've been using has an aspect ratio of 1.292/1

A 3% increase in width or 3% reduction in height, gives it the 8mm (Z camera) aspect ratio of 1.33/1

Probably cropped off the sides slightly.

Look closely. What camera do you think Shaneyfelt is filming with? He is not the person in the white shirt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/119BBjJIoanJ3HA2kyYQ6vHXJg_ZbGxe0/view?usp=sharing

BellHowell-Camera.png

On 5/31/2021 at 11:50 AM, Chris Davidson said:

The extant zframe 212 splice was supposedly a combination of two frames. The bottom half being z212 and the top half being z208.

If you align the objects within the two frames you’ll get an idea of the offset between the sprocket holes for a four frame span reflecting  Zapruder’s panning speed.

The two frames that follow are extant z194 and z205 = 11 frames

The panning distance is approx (blue vertical lines) the same distance as z208-z212.

Plotting JFK’s head within the limo(landmarks) from extant z196.5-z207 = 7.5ft

7.5ft/10.5frames = .714ft per frame x 18.3 = 13.07ft per sec / 1.47 = 8.89mph

The limo is slowing down. Why? Because a shot has occurred and Greer is reacting to it by slowing the vehicle down. Sound familiar at other parts of the extant film?

Assigning the same amount of frames for panning distance removes approx 7 frames from the z208-z212 span.

If you add 7 missing frames back to the 7.5ft plotted distance you have a 7.5ft/17.5 frames = 5.33mph

From extant z184-z196.5 (12 frames) the limo is traveling at 12.45mph.

The average limo speed from extant z184-207 = 12.45 + 8.89mph / 2 = 21.34/2 = 10.67mph (using actual ft/frames = 10.82mph/2 = 5.41mph which is close enough)

10.67mph/2 = 5.335mph

5.335mph removing alternating frames = 10.67mph

The limo didn’t stop at this point, but the limo slowing(among other alterations) had to be removed in order for the Single BS Theory to work with JFK’s reaction we see at extant z224.

Not enough time between shots for one shooter.

KGB206.gif

Chris I've gotten lost in the depth of your analysis before, as I've mentioned previously in the math/physics aspects especially.

Your saying Z208-212 was cut out and the limo slowed down to 5 mph, after the first shot?

13 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

The raw WC re-enactment film I've been using has an aspect ratio of 1.292/1

A 3% increase in width or 3% reduction in height, gives it the 8mm (Z camera) aspect ratio of 1.33/1

Probably cropped off the sides slightly.

Look closely. What camera do you think Shaneyfelt is filming with? He is not the person in the white shirt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/119BBjJIoanJ3HA2kyYQ6vHXJg_ZbGxe0/view?usp=sharing

BellHowell-Camera.png

Added on Edit: The following is not my quote or research:

"Zapruder purchased his camera from the Peacock Jewelry Company on Elm St. in 1962 – Serial Number AS13486. It was a top of the line Model 414 PD Bell & Howell Zoomatic Director Series Camera with a Varamat 9-27mm F1.8 lens. Zapruder had a 9-27mm telephoto lens (a description which is very much a stretch compared to today) at his disposal when he recorded his infamous film, but it could also be set to wide angle or “normal”

Think of 9mm as wide angle, 18mm as normal and 27mm as full zoom.

Note the common object in all three.

StemmonsSignPoles.png

Edited by Chris Davidson

55 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Zapruder purchased his camera from the Peacock Jewelry Company on Elm St. in 1962 – Serial Number AS13486. It was a top of the line Model 414 PD Bell & Howell Zoomatic Director Series Camera with a Varamat 9-27mm F1.8 lens. Zapruder had a 9-27mm telephoto lens (a description which is very much a stretch compared to today) at his disposal when he recorded his infamous film, but it could also be set to wide angle or “normal”

Think of 9mm as wide angle, 18mm as normal and 27mm as full zoom.

Note the common object in all three.

StemmonsSignPoles.png

So imagine my surprise when I converted both versions (Z and the WC reenactment) to the proper aspect ratio of 1.33/1, scaled the reenactment frame to fit and then compared the Stemmons sign post to each other.

I only had to enlarge the Z frame 150% to get the posts the same width.

Or, a different way to look at it would be to enlarge 18mm to 27mm.

Get the picture.

No pun intended.

StemmonsSignPost.gif

7 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Zapruder purchased his camera from the Peacock Jewelry Company on Elm St. in 1962

Chris, is the above statement correct?  1962?  I haven't focused on (pun intended) Zapruder, but have learned many things while scanning/reading just about anything that related to the assassination.  I could have sworn that he had said that he had not had the camera long and was ecited to use it for the motorcade.  If your date is correct, even without a month stated, he would have had the camera at least 11 months.  With that many months expired, I don't think I would be referring to it as my new camera.  Of course, perhaps I am wrong to make that inference or maybe he didn't say what I thought I had read or seen attributed to him.  Thanks again for all your detailed information.

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Your saying Z208-212 was cut out and the limo slowed down to 5 mph, after the first shot?

I never assigned a shot sequence(first, second,third etc) to this part of the film. I did say the film has been altered to hide A shot reaction at this location. I'm quite sure there was another shot circa the z157 splice, hence the BS frame entries in CE884 for extant z161/168 same physical location.

It depends on the validity you apply to the Stemmons sign.

In regards to the Stemmons sign, ask yourself why did the WC not plot, say extant z224.5 on CE884, which would have JFK's head aligned with the edge of the extant Stemmons sign(landmark).

As an example, converting CE8884 existing data using extant z207-z224.5 = 16.8ft/(17.5frames sound familiar)= 11.95mph

Now add 11 frames to the same equation or 16.8ft/28.5frames = 7.33mph

1 hour ago, Richard Price said:

Chris, is the above statement correct?  1962?  I haven't focused on (pun intended) Zapruder, but have learned many things while scanning/reading just about anything that related to the assassination.  I could have sworn that he had said that he had not had the camera long and was ecited to use it for the motorcade.  If your date is correct, even without a month stated, he would have had the camera at least 11 months.  With that many months expired, I don't think I would be referring to it as my new camera.  Of course, perhaps I am wrong to make that inference or maybe he didn't say what I thought I had read or seen attributed to him.  Thanks again for all your detailed information.

Thanks for bringing that up.

I wasn't concentrating on that aspect of the statement only the lens capabilities.

I've added an edit clarifying that it was not my quote or research so it's entirely possible that the ownership/purchase aspect is wrong.

If so, hopefully someone can provide the correct information.

In the future, I'll try to limit the scope of the copy/paste to strictly the point I am expressing.

8 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

So imagine my surprise when I converted both versions (Z and the WC reenactment) to the proper aspect ratio of 1.33/1, scaled the reenactment frame to fit and then compared the Stemmons sign post to each other.

I only had to enlarge the Z frame 150% to get the posts the same width.

Or, a different way to look at it would be to enlarge 18mm to 27mm.

Get the picture.

No pun intended.

StemmonsSignPost.gif

Yet, quite amazing that the poles stay at a constant width throughout the reenactment video and match the extant zfilm pole width(not distance between) at the z212 splice.

How is the same camera, with the same lens setting, shot from the same pedestal, capable of this incredible feat?

KGB206.gif