The Education Forum

The Ordeal of Malcolm Perry

I really don't have to describe this article. 

Except, as one will see, I owe the climactic info in it to Rob Couteau and Bob Tanenbaum.

The cover up was being enacted in about 90 minutes.  That is how fast they knew, Tanebaum says it was probably an hour, and I cannot argue with that.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-ordeal-of-malcolm-perry

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I really don't have to describe this article. 

Except, as one will see, I owe the climactic info in it to Rob Couteau and Bob Tanenbaum.

The cover up was being enacted in about 90 minutes.  That is how fast they knew, Tanebaum says it was probably an hour, and I cannot argue with that.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-ordeal-of-malcolm-perry

Excellent article. Is The Parkland Doctors available anywhere? I watched the trailer on the film's Facebook page; it looks like an interesting film.

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

If Edward Landsdale and a team of helpers were there supervising the event then the cover up began immediately and was certainly noticeable by 1:15 with the death of Officer Tippit.  In surveying the witnesses in Dealey Plaza, I noticed a change in the way witness statements were being made by the early afternoon of the day.  There was a change in the way witnesses were describing and locating where the p. limo was when they heard shooting. 

From the DiEugenio article, "The reason Ford and Dulles could do this is because, in all probability, the Secret Service had absconded with the films..."

Not only that, it is my believe they, the Secret Service and the FBI, did that with every film in Dealey Plaza they could lay their hands on that day.  Whoever they missed were tracked down later and their film taken.  I even believe they black bagged the Elsie Dorman film which was supposedly safe in a lawyer's safe. 

Robert Croft is a good example of this.  Croft left the plaza and went home to Colorado.  He was immediately tracked there and his film taken.

I believe that his film was taken not only to see and modify if necessary, but to also identify others in the film who had cameras.  I posted in another thread the Croft photo and placed a small red x near each person who appeared to have a camera.  There were 5 or 6 there across the street from Croft.  Who were those people and what happened to their film?  I have surveyed all of the visual material on Elm Street and Houston Street looking for unknown camera people before the assassination.  There are at a minimum 14 unidentified and likely more if questionable folks are considered.  One has to ask where are the films and photos from Houston and Main Street?   

This was posted in another thread about the films and photos in Dealey Plaza.  I believe the government had the films in their possession shortly after the assassination or at a later date.  Below are listed the films and photos allowed in Dealey Plaza.  Most if not all show signs of alteration or distortion. 

Jeremy Bojczuk"In fact, almost all of the photographers and home movie-makers, including Zapruder, left Dealey Plaza without having their cameras or films seized. Here's a partial list I compiled earlier:

• Oscar Bothun didn't have his camera or film seized: "Shortly after the shooting Mr Bothun apparently went back to work. He seems not to have been stopped or questioned as a witness at the scene" (Richard Trask, Pictures of the Pain. p.157).
  • Hugh Betzner didn't; he went out of his way to make himself and his photographs known to the police.
  • Phil Willis didn't: "Remaining around the area for about an hour after witnessing the shooting, none of the family was questioned by law enforcement personnel" (Trask, p.179). Willis made his own way to the Kodak plant to get his film processed, and didn't have his camera seized there either.
  • Orville Nix didn't; like Zapruder, he walked out of Dealey Plaza with his home movie camera. He returned later to take some more footage, and again left the scene without having his camera seized.
  • Marie Muchmore didn't; she retained her camera and film until she sold the film to UPI three days after the assassination.
  • Wilma Bond didn't; she wasn't even contacted by the authorities until February 1964.
  • Jim and Tina Towner didn't; they stayed in Dealey Plaza for a while, then went home with their cameras.
  • Robert Croft didn't; he left Dealey Plaza and went home to Denver with his camera.
  • Mark Bell didn't; he walked across Dealey Plaza with his home movie camera and went back to work. There is no evidence that the authorities even knew of the existence of Bell's film until several years after the assassination.
  • Robert Hughes didn't; he too left Dealey Plaza without having his home movie camera seized. The first thing the authorities knew about Hughes's film was when he voluntarily handed it to the FBI two days after the assassination.
  • Charles Bronson didn't; he left Dealey Plaza with his still and home movie cameras, and returned the next day to take more footage and still photographs, and again left without having his cameras seized.
  • James Altgens didn't; he waited for a short while in Dealey Plaza and then walked a few blocks to the local newspaper office to get his film developed.

As you can see, several of these people didn't come to the attention of the authorities until months or even years later. The authorities clearly weren't too bothered about what the photographs and home movies might show, apart from the obvious 'back and to the left' head snap that was presumably the main reason for keeping the Zapruder film largely away from public view for over a decade."

Edited by John Butler

Thanks.  This is what happened with The Parkland Doctors.

It was optioned by Leslie Moonves at CBS.  

Moonves got fired and they dropped the option.  Hmm.

I didn't mention that most or all of these films were in government possession by the opening of the WC hearings.  I could go back and list the things wrong with these films and photos, but I have already done that over the last 5 years.  

Edited by John Butler

That is true. 

But it also makes me wonder about Moonves' removal from his position.

At the CAPA "Last Witnesses"  conference in 2018, Jim Gocheanuer shared his story about his talks with Elmer Moore who said he regretted pressuring dr. Perry. Then we had the doctor who worked with Malcolm Perry in Washington who shared that Dr. Perry said he was pressured to change his account but that he was convinced the neck wound was one of entry.  

Jim

Perhaps a loaded question, but how does this added corroboration - of knowing the coverup started within 90 minutes (and clear cut intimidation of Dr. Perry - lend credence to the various suppositions about body alteration and autopsy irregularities?  

And if it becomes more clear that films and photographers were being collected and controlled early-on, would this also lend more credence to Zapruder alteration? John Butler's points above, and the experiences of Robert Croft, certainly support that likelihood.

I know you've remained somewhat 'agnostic' on these aspects of the JFK story, but I'd be interested if any of this changes your view. 

Gene

PS. Elmer Moore is a traitor and should've been prosecuted (along with many others) ... what he did is reprehensible 

Thanks for that Larry.  Both of those people are in Oliver's film.

I agree with you Gene, Moore should have been indicted.  And the thing is, I don't think the HSCA ever did a depo with him.  I might be wrong on that, but at least I never saw one.

I hope you don't mind if I pass on your other two questions.  I am not dodging them, I just have no firm opinion on either.

No problem Jim ... your opinions weigh heavily for me, but I too am still on the fence about body and film alteration theories.  They are tempting rabbit holes, but difficult to establish with all the conflicting stories (and diverse proponents).  I would say that there's quite a bit of disinformation and strong challenges from certain prominent individuals that surrounds both topics ... that fact alone makes me suspicious. 

I do think its odd that Zapruder's film (alone) became such a key piece of evidence, and its handling for the next ten years+ was certainly suspicious.  I am also highly suspect of Zapruder himself, and why he was allowed to stay on that pedestal ... plus the curious fact that are very few pictures of him on (or off) the pedestal!  His legend seems manufactured and his film is clearly contentious.  I have relatives in Rochester, and have driven by the old Kodak Hawkeye Works many times ... it gives me the creeps. 

So at least one of the autopsy doctors at Bethesda on the night of 11/22/63 threatened Perry with bringing him before a board/loosing his license if he didn't quit saying the throat wound was one of entrance.  Whichever of the doctor(s) was doing this should have been the one loosing their license and charged for something.

Thanks to Rob, once again.  

BTW, Lisa Pease put this on Facebook.

She said it now has 19,000 views.  That is in less than a week.

And people in the media say: well there is no real interest in the JFK case.

BS

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 5/26/2021 at 3:35 PM, Gene Kelly said:

why he was allowed to stay on that pedestal

At the risk of thread-jacking, I would love to know, Gene, who it was you think needed permit Zapruder to film there.

In for a penny... Let me just blurt out one other thing about that vantage point which rankles. A thought experiment. Those of you who have been in Dealey Plaza, if you were going to film the motorcade, would you choose that pedestal? Knowing, after the turn from Houston to Elm, the limo would get hidden by that furshlugginer Stemmons Freeway sign? Bonus round: you are Zapruder, unsuspecting dress-maker with a nifty new film camera. Where was the single best place for filming?

I took notes, read and re-read We Were There by Allen Childs so much I owed the library enough in overdue book fines to have bought it.

It sounds like someone needs to Groden The Parkland Doctors documentary.