The Education Forum

More Anti-Kennedy Nonsense

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a John Kennedy fan.  I give him credit for a tax cut and a few other things.  In that time Lyndon Johnson was my favorite president.  I got to vote for him at age 17 illegally in 1964.  But, over time that liking changed due to his perverted habits, criminal conduct, murders, and involvement in the JFKA.  

2 hours ago, John Butler said:

I've never been a John Kennedy fan.  I give him credit for a tax cut and a few other things.  In that time Lyndon Johnson was my favorite president.  I got to vote for him at age 17 illegally in 1964.  But, over time that liking changed due to his perverted habits, criminal conduct, murders, and involvement in the JFKA.  

After years of obstructing civil rights legislation with his fellow Dixiecrats in Congress, LBJ became a great champion of JFK's domestic policy agenda after 11/22/63-- including the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and Medicare.

It's what, ultimately, prompted the Dixiecrats to abandon the Democratic Party.

Would these landmark bills have passed without LBJ's strong arm tactics on Capitol Hill?  Perhaps not.

I would file this one under, "God works in strange ways."

But why the volte face on civil rights by Lyndon?  My hunch is that he did it because he knew he needed to woo the northern liberal vote to get re-elected in '64 and '68.

Edited by W. Niederhut

7 hours ago, John Butler said:

Yet you post here. Is there still room for you to change your mind? 

This follows the Michael Kazin hatchet job in NYR of Books.  

I have been saying for years that the cover up over who Kennedy was is more systematic and rigorous than the one over the circumstances of his  death.

Here is my exposure of Kazin.  

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/michael-kazin-and-the-ny-review-vs-jfk

I will do the same with Chait.  These guys are either stupid, ignorant or have agendas a mile wide. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This follows the Michael Kazin hatchet job in NYR of Books.  

I have been saying for years that the cover up over who Kennedy was is more systematic and rigorous than the one over the circumstances of his  death.

Here is my exposure of Kazin.  

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/michael-kazin-and-the-ny-review-vs-jfk

I will do the same with Chait.  These guys are either stupid, ignorant or have agendas a mile wide. 

Excellent article. I think that the agenda is obvious: these writers are a part of an ongoing phy-op to erase the memory of Kennedy and all that he, and his administration, stood for. The aim of their rhetoric is to lead people to believe that it doesn't matter who killed JFK because he was just a light weight libertine. 

Edited by Robert Burrows

13 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Yet you post here. Is there still room for you to change your mind? 

That's mostly a reaction from my sister and brother-in-law who made me read the Kennedy book, Profiles in Courage.  Great book.  They were big time Kennedy supporters and campaigned long and hard for Kennedy.  The brother-in-law became a Kennedy delegate.  My family is what you might call yellow dog democrats and still are.

18 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

After years of obstructing civil rights legislation with his fellow Dixiecrats in Congress, LBJ became a great champion of JFK's domestic policy agenda after 11/22/63-- including the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, and Medicare.

It's what, ultimately, prompted the Dixiecrats to abandon the Democratic Party.

Would these landmark bills have passed without LBJ's strong arm tactics on Capitol Hill?  Perhaps not.

I would file this one under, "God works in strange ways."

But why the volte face on civil rights by Lyndon?  My hunch is that he did it because he knew he needed to woo the northern liberal vote to get re-elected in '64 and '68.

That is so true.  An evil fellow, Johnson actually does good through selfish actions.  Strange indeed.  His civil rights agenda was one of the things I admired about him.  I remember all the doctors were against Medicare.  Certainly changed their minds since then.

There was a change in 1964.  The blasting of Goldwater allowed the Democrats to have big majorities in both houses.

In the senate it was veto proof.  

In the House the Dems had twice as many representatives as the GOP.

IMO, Jack Kennedy faced an entrenched right-wing deep state left over from the Eisenhower years and fueled by the witch-hunting McCarthy hearings. His youth and inexperience worked against him because everyone from the military to the CIA to Nikita Khrushchev thought they could push him around. I believe the motive for his murder was the Vietnam War. There was just too much money at stake. The economic impact of keeping military bases open reached into every state in the union. Military contractors faced losing out on huge profits. There's no profit in peace. And there's no way to find out who was behind it for sure, because they all protected each other. The private sector, politicians, military and law enforcement. The corruption continues even to this day. And the Kennedys were against corruption.

Edited by Gil Jesus

24 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

IMO, Jack Kennedy faced an entrenched right-wing deep state left over from the Eisenhower years and fueled by the witch-hunting McCarthy hearings. His youth and inexperience worked against him because everyone from the military to the CIA to Nikita Khrushchev thought they could push him around. I believe the motive for his murder was the Vietnam War. There was just too much money at stake. The economic impact of keeping military bases open reached into every state in the union. Military contractors faced losing out on huge profits. There's no profit in peace. And there's no way to find out who was behind it for sure, because they all protected each other. The private sector, politicians, military and law enforcement. The corruption continues even to this day. And the Kennedys were against corruption.

As Major General Smedley Darlington Butler said: war is a racket. 

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

Indeed.  U.S. military spending surged after JFK's murder, then surged again after 9/11.

Open letter opposing the San Diego City Council's resolution which  dramatizes the effects of the military spending “cuts” on local economy –  San Diego Veterans For Peace