The Education Forum

James McCord in Dallas?

Ron Ecker

Is that McCord on the far left? (The guy staring at him from the far right seems to think so.)

McCordlookalike.jpg.ee0c2bafca845ad7da9e258c262dc128.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those guys to the left of Day looks like "Rip Robertson" imo.

Now, was Robertson in Dallas and even Dealey Plaza while JFK was being driven through?

See the source image

Edited by Joe Bauer

Based on my unscientific and amateur interest in the art of caricature,  I have to say that I do not think the man is McCord. The 1963 man seems to have a dip in the bridge of his nose that I do not see in the pictures of McCord at the same angle. McCord also has dark colored eyes and full, dark eyebrows, while the man in the 1963 photo seems to have lighter colored eyes, and thin, light colored eyebrows.

Only ONE woman in that crowd of reporters?

Kudos to her for her courage to jump in there with all those guys.

And only ONE guy with a corn ball "bow tie?"  

Notice too Will " THIS CASE IS CINCHED!" Fritz looking on in the background.

The same raised fist threatening Will Fritz who backed off demanding Buell Wesley Frazier sign a statement of guilt on November 22, 1963 when hell cat Frazier warned him ... " you hit me and we's gonna have one hell of a fight!"

26 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

And I'd say that those two are a much better match.

Denny, damn if those two photos don't look like "a perfect Rip Robertson facial match" ... what does?

Identical twin type match.

Same exact facial structure with overall shape, cheeks, chin, mouth, large fleshy nose, same exact looking glasses, and the way both men wear their identical thin ties.

The real Robertson's ears stick out just enough, that the Dealey Plaza look-a-like's left ear matches in that you can still see a part it, even though the photo shot is not a direct facing head one. It's a slightly right side facing photo. And the DP man's ear also fits perfectly in it's vertical location on his head relative to the real Rip Robertson's ear location.

The picture on the left is one taken of a man standing on the sidewalk right at the Main and Houston street entrance to Dealey Plaza just as JFK's limo is driving by.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Denny, damn if those two photos don't look like "a perfect facial match" ... what does?

It's always good to have a clear picture of earlobes, of course, since that can often be an effective method of eliminating someone right away when comparing two people.

But I agree with you based on those two pictures. From what I can see there's nothing dissimilar. Nose, lips, and cheeks seem to match. Facial structure on both men seem to be fairly distinctive and identical to each other as far as I can tell. I believe there's even a hint of jowls in both pictures.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Now, was Robertson in Dallas and even Dealey Plaza while JFK was being driven through?

See the source image

"dead" ringer hahaha

IMO, Not quite the same vibe Ron. Mc Cord eyes more incisive, fierce, not as passive. Mc Cord looks more like some  cop. Both men are very dimply, hall man has more dimples on his right. Difficult finding earlier Mc Cord pictures. His only pictures with glasses are when testifying.

The 1972 Watergate burglary: How a piece of tape and an astute night  watchman foiled the political crime of the century - ABC Newsimage.jpeg.0f3b564ee2ed88ef0b97391e11bc9037.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

IMO, Not quite the same vibe Ron. Mc Cord eyes more incisive, fierce, not as passive. Mc Cord looks more like some  cop. Both men are very dimply, hall man has more dimples on his right. Difficult finding earlier Mc Cord pictures. His only pictures with glasses are when testifying.

The 1972 Watergate burglary: How a piece of tape and an astute night  watchman foiled the political crime of the century - ABC Newsimage.jpeg.0f3b564ee2ed88ef0b97391e11bc9037.jpeg

The one on the left needs a shave, of his whole face for a better comparison, a bit grainy.  But the ears and the under the nose stuff look similar.  With the top of the head and chin chopped off who knows   All speculation in the first place. 

22 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

See the source image

Well, they sure look alike. 

On the other hand, Robertson was known as an operations guy. Would he really stand out where he could be recognized? No fake beard, large dark glasses? 

No height comparisons? Is the guy in the Dallas photo about the right height? 

Also, the Dallas photo is fuzzy, no earlobes, no hairline.