The Education Forum

More Good News--DVD Two pack

It was actually worse than that.   We got good reviews in Europe after Cannes.

We had a clipping service.  And there were about 20 reviews, 3-1 in favor.

Well that  plus the sales to ten countries gave us a head of steam.

Then Tim Weiner, the Washington Post and James Kirchick decided that was too much. Even Posner chimed in.  And Chomsky.

The Post article by Alecia Long was really the worst. She said something like, the secrets to Kennedy's murder were not to be found in ballistics and bullet audits.

Really?  Then how do you solve a homicide Alecia? 

I actually replied to all of these.  Oliver chimed in on Weiner.  I even challenged Posner and Kirchick to a debate.  I did debate a Chomsky acolyte--Bob Buzzanco-- and I think I did pretty well. He's still sore at me. 

But overall, I give Oliver a lot of credit.  He worked hard to sell this thing overseas.  And he succeeded.  And we did get a tier one cable sale on the 2 hour version. Showtime did well with it and have the rights into next year, the anniversary. Plus the big sunset event is coming up in Quebec City next month.  That should get literally hundreds of thousands of people's notice. So, with all things considered, I think we did alright.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2022 at 8:38 PM, James DiEugenio said:

It was actually worse than that.   We got good reviews in Europe after Cannes.

We had a clipping service.  And there were about 20 reviews, 3-1 in favor.

Well that  plus the sales to ten countries gave us a head of steam.

Then Tim Weiner, the Washington Post and James Kirchick decided that was too much. Even Posner chimed in.  And Chomsky.

The Post article by Alecia Long was really the worst. She said something like, the secrets to Kennedy's murder were not to be found in ballistics and bullet audits.

Really?  Then how do you solve a homicide Alecia? 

I actually replied to all of these.  Oliver chimed in on Weiner.  I even challenged Posner and Kirchick to a debate.  I did debate a Chomsky acolyte--Bob Buzzanco-- and I think I did pretty well. He's still sore at me. 

But overall, I give Oliver a lot of credit.  He worked hard to sell this thing overseas.  And he succeeded.  And we did get a tier one cable sale on the 2 hour version. Showtime did well with it and have the rights into next year, the anniversary. Plus the big sunset event is coming up in Quebec City next month.  That should get literally hundreds of thousands of people's notice. So, with all things considered, I think we did alright.

Glad to hear you and Oliver were still able to succeed getting the word out even with the ridiculous but predictable US media response.

It’s an amazing work that I think will have an impact for years to come whether the US media ever reverses course in its handling of JFKA or not.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

Thanks so much Mike.

I agree with you that it will stand up for awhile.  

And it can be used against the usual suspects.

Bob Fox is a veteran writer and reporter of 20 years for both broadcast and online venues. He was also the supervising producer of the current film about Green Bay great Jerry Kramer, and is working on a book with Kramer.  He has written a review of Oliver Stone's JFK: Destiny Betrayed.  

Here is Part One:  https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2022/05/16/a-review-of-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-chapter-1/

Remember how they always say, who is interested in the JFK case, it happened 60 years ago.

Well, the first part of Bob Fox's review got almost 16,000 impressions in one day on Twitter.

Evidently, a lot of people are interested. 😇

19 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Remember how they always say, who is interested in the JFK case, it happened 60 years ago.

Well, the first part of Bob Fox's review got almost 16,000 impressions in one day on Twitter.

Evidently, a lot of people are interested. 😇

Judging by the rabid interest I receive from my You Tube channel alone, interest is alive and well. A part of my brain has always wondered (post 20th century, post 9/11, post 50th anniversary, etc.) when a time will come when people will lose interest. Then it dawned on me: have people "lost interest" in WWI? WW II? The Civil War? Lincoln's life and his death [look at the amazing reaction to the 2012 film "Lincoln"]? I feel there will always be a strong interest in the case. There are so many audio/visuals of Kennedy's life and death that this helps from it feeling "ancient", as well [not to mention the millions of people around the world who still remember his life and death at the time]. He is also our last assassinated president---it is not like Garfield or McKinley: their deaths have largely receded from an interest standpoint. They also weren't young, beloved, and the visuals regarding them are very few and far between (and they DO look ancient...because they are!).

NOTE: there is still ONE major Kennedy resource out there that hasn't been mined: JFK's complete and uncut press conferences---ALL of them; black and white broadcast quality video. The networks (and/or JFK Library?) have to have them. I don't mean all the snippets...all the actual uncut conferences. It is 2022 and they are still not out.

You are probably correct on that score Vince.  The JFK case was such a milestone historically and there are so many visuals that it simply will not recede. 

Although the powers that be would sure like to mangle the facts about it.

Vince gave me some help on my upcoming article at K and K, Fletcher Prouty vs the ARRB. Which will be a real eye opener in more ways than one.

He is unselfish in that regard, as he gave Rob Wilson and Oliver help on both versions of the film. 

I tip my hat to him.

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

You are probably correct on that score Vince.  The JFK case was such a milestone historically and there are so many visuals that it simply will not recede. 

Although the powers that be would sure like to mangle the facts about it.

Vince gave me some help on my upcoming article at K and K, Fletcher Prouty vs the ARRB. Which will be a real eye opener in more ways than one.

He is unselfish in that regard, as he gave Rob Wilson and Oliver help on both versions of the film. 

I tip my hat to him.

Thanks a lot, Jim; my pleasure!

Finally got to see JFK Revisted on Showtime over the weekend at my sister's. It was great. She and her husband are wealthy and live in Ft. Worth. They flew me down to play in their member-guest tournament. Brother-in-law drove me through this neighborhood with mansions. "This is the old money," he said. I noted these were the people who had JFK killed.

LOL.

Nice one Andrew, getting that jab in.

Thanks for liking the film.

You probably will enjoy the four hour version also.

Here is part 2 of the Bob Fox comprehensive review of Oliver Stone's JFK: Destiny Betrayed

Bob is a 20 year veteran writer/reporter, a current producer on the documentary about Green Bay Packer great Jerry Kramer, and is now working on a book with Kramer.  He is the only writer who has chosen to review each segment of the four hour version separately.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2022/05/22/a-review-of-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-chapter-2/

18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Here is part 2 of the Bob Fox comprehensive review of Oliver Stone's JFK: Destiny Betrayed

Bob is a 20 year veteran writer/reporter, a current producer on the documentary about Green Bay Packer great Jerry Kramer, and is now working on a book with Kramer.  He is the only writer who has chosen to review each segment of the four hour version separately.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2022/05/22/a-review-of-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-chapter-2/

This guy is great.  As is the review, I want to read those of other chapters as well.  The link is highly recommended to other forum members.

As an aside, not to distract from the topic.  Your post took me back to the 7th grade, speech class.   A verbal book report on Jerry Kramer's Instant Replay.  He admitted he was offsides on Bart Starr's QB sneak for the winning TD in the Ice Bowl.  The first game I remember watching on TV. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Great game was it not.  The Ice Bowl.

Bob is doing yeoman's work on this review series.

I mean I forgot just how much ground we covered.

Here is part 3 of veteran broadcast and print reporter Bob Fox's overall review of Oliver Stone's JFK: Destiny Betrayed. 

Bob is doing such a good job on this, I am really gratified.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2022/05/31/a-review-of-oliver-stones-jfk-destiny-betrayed-chapter-3/

I only briefly browsed the Shout website but have bookmarked it.  Do they ship to Canada?*

*I haven't decided if I can attend the event in Quebec City but that would be great.  I can buy it there and maybe get it autographed by you. Incidentally, is there an EF post about that conference with the latest details?