The Education Forum

Looking for Rare Dealey Plaza Video

Hi everyone! 

New member here!! I have been reading this forum for a couple years now but finally joined recently when they started accepting new members. 

I’m looking for rare dealey plaza video that I stumbled on very early on in my research where a Caucasian man in a suit was caught on video leaving the grassy knoll area walking back towards the street where jfk was shot after the assassination and A bunch of bystanders were walking up towards the tracks / fence area. There was a cop directing foot traffic on the steps I think and this guy in the suit was going the opposite direction and shadily looked back as he passed the cop expecting to be stopped but wasn’t. I have a couple ideas as to who this guy could have been but I wanted to find the video again to see if there is any resemblance before I presented any possible theory of mine. 

I know some people here focus specifically on Dealey Plaza so they’ll probably know what video I am referring to. It’s probably only a few seconds long. I appreciate any help and am happy to be part of this msg board ! Cheers 🥂 

Joe 

Hey Joe.

Welcome.

I think I have seen that video myself at some point.

But, not solidly sure.

Many here on the forum are amazing in their archive knowledge and retrieval skills.

Hopefully someone will dig it up.

1 hour ago, Joseph Borelli said:

Hi everyone! 

New member here!! I have been reading this forum for a couple years now but finally joined recently when they started accepting new members. 

I’m looking for rare dealey plaza video that I stumbled on very early on in my research where a Caucasian man in a suit was caught on video leaving the grassy knoll area walking back towards the street where jfk was shot after the assassination and A bunch of bystanders were walking up towards the tracks / fence area. There was a cop directing foot traffic on the steps I think and this guy in the suit was going the opposite direction and shadily looked back as he passed the cop expecting to be stopped but wasn’t. I have a couple ideas as to who this guy could have been but I wanted to find the video again to see if there is any resemblance before I presented any possible theory of mine. 

I know some people here focus specifically on Dealey Plaza so they’ll probably know what video I am referring to. It’s probably only a few seconds long. I appreciate any help and am happy to be part of this msg board ! Cheers 🥂 

Joe 

Do you mean the Hughes film? Several people were leaving similar comments to yours on my You Tube channel: 

48 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Do you mean the Hughes film? Several people were leaving similar comments to yours on my You Tube channel: 

They guy in the black suit and white hat starting at 57 seconds?

2 hours ago, Joseph Borelli said:

Hi everyone! 

Joe 

Darnell.gif

I wonder who the guy in the dark suit was (head down), he certainly looks suspecious (or very shy...)  in not wanting to be on film ?

But thanks for posting this one, I had never seen it before.

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

2 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

I wonder who the guy in the dark suit was (head down), he certainly looks suspicious (or very shy...)  in not wanting to be on film ?

If I am not mistaken, this video was once posted in relation to the "pool of blood" on/near the sidewalk.  The man is looking down at the puddle of liquid.  I do not know who he is either and cannot say for sure he is one of the witnesses to the pool of blood, or as it was later deemed, a red colored soft drink from the overturned or broken bottle in that area.

4 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Darnell.gif

The guy in the grey suit and white hat with an overcoat over his arm does turn back and look over his shoulder at the officer.  Maybe even says something to him?  Does the officer acknowledge him, maybe even say something back?  Is this what Joseph was looking for?

That part of this clip is also in the first clip Denny shows above, larger but blurrier from loss of resolution(?).  In it, it looks like the guy's head snaps back to the right like maybe the officer said something to him and he's responding.

I think the topics Bell Film Gif's 1 & 2 started earlier today by Robin Unger were likely in response to this thread.  His site is a treasure JFK Assassination Photographs JFK Assassination Gallery films zapruder nix altgens kennedy oswald

His threads are already about to disappear from the "front page" here.

In Gif 1, the first sequence you see a man in a suit walking away from the scene in the grass behind the Newman's on the ground.  At the end of this above them all you see a man in a black suit and a hat back against the pergola.

In the second sequence you see the man in the black suit and hat walking away towards Elm and Houston as well.

Interesting.  Combined with the Darnell film were multiple men in suits walking away from the area, as others rushed to the grassy knoll?

In part 1 (Gif1)

There are two men in black suits, the man on the left is Altgens and the man on the right is Wiegman

In Part 1 (Gif 2)

Sitzman and Zapruder have recently dismounted the pedestal.

Stzman is seen walking to the pergola entrance and the man in the black suit and hat is Zapruder.

Edited by Robin Unger

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

The guy in the grey suit and white hat with an overcoat over his arm does turn back and look over his shoulder at the officer.  Maybe even says something to him?  Does the officer acknowledge him, maybe even say something back?  Is this what Joseph was looking for?

That part of this clip is also in the first clip Denny shows above, larger but blurrier from loss of resolution(?).  In it, it looks like the guy's head snaps back to the right like maybe the officer said something to him and he's responding.

Yes this is what I was looking for!!! Thanks for everyone’s replies and for finding it for me. The Video is more grainy then I remember.

He looks similar to the guy in the Hughes film at 57 seconds except he doesn’t have a trench coat over his arm but has the same light colored hat. I always thought he could have been the one flashing the SS credentials on the knoll before the shooting. 

Do you guys think the guy looking back with the trench coat over his arm is possibly the same one in the Hughes at 57 seconds? If so what did he do with his coat? 

"I always thought he could have been the one flashing the SS credentials on the knoll before the shooting."

Well, you never know, but the Dallas Police Officer, Joe Smith, who briefly accosted the phony SS man said, 

Mr. SMITH: Well, he saw me coming with my pistol and right away he showed me who he was.

Smith said he had doubts about the man actually being Secret Service: 

It didn’t ring true.  He looked like an auto mechanic.  He had on a sports shirt, but he had dirty fingernails.  I should have checked the man closer, but he had produced correct identification.

---30---

However, there are also multiple reports of men in suits flashing SS badges in the wake of the JFKA. 

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

"I always thought he could have been the one flashing the SS credentials on the knoll before the shooting."

Well, you never know, but the Dallas Police Officer, Joe Smith, who briefly accosted the phony SS man said, 

Mr. SMITH: Well, he saw me coming with my pistol and right away he showed me who he was.

Smith said he had doubts about the man actually being Secret Service: 

It didn’t ring true.  He looked like an auto mechanic.  He had on a sports shirt, but he had dirty fingernails.  I should have checked the man closer, but he had produced correct identification.

---30---

However, there are also multiple reports of men in suits flashing SS badges in the wake of the JFKA. 

Thanks yea the guy in the gifs definitely doesn’t fit the description of the guy Joe Smith described. My question is if it was obvious “it didn’t ring true” why didn’t officer Smith stop the guy with the dirty fingernails for more questioning ? One of the many frustrating parts about this case. 

23 minutes ago, Joseph Borelli said:

Thanks yea the guy in the gifs definitely doesn’t fit the description of the guy Joe Smith described. My question is if it was obvious “it didn’t ring true” why didn’t officer Smith stop the guy with the dirty fingernails for more questioning ? One of the many frustrating parts about this case. 

Well, in Smith's defense, a lot was going on, and he was searching for someone who was armed. He was shown proper ID. 

Interestingly, after the JFKA, the Secret Service upgraded their badging and ID systems. As I recall, they took the CIA out of the loop. 

Sheriff Seymour Weitzman also related he saw a man with SS credentials in the area. 

Given the gunsmoke and the SS credentials, the evidence suggests gunfire from the Grassy Knoll area.