The Education Forum

I'd say Ruth Payne has some Explaining to do!

I think this was out before, but this is a really clean copy.

3 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

She could explain how her name is spelled.

Excuse my own mistakes.  I had to laugh.  Being corrected before myself.  Thank you.

Edited by Ron Bulman

• 7 months later...

I was talking to Bard today.  I connected him to the archives.gov api and I asked it this question:

Ruth Paine said that her neighbor told her on October 14 about a job opening at the Texas School Book Depository, where her neighbor's brother, Wesley Frazier, worked. Mrs. Paine informed Oswald, who was interviewed at the depository and was hired there on October 16 as a $1.25 an hour minimum wage order filler.

That’s right. In Warren Commission Document 2312, Ruth Paine stated that she was told about the job opening at the Texas School Book Depository by her neighbor, Linnie Mae Randle, on October 14, 1963. Randle’s brother, Wesley Frazier, worked at the depository. Paine informed Oswald about the job, and he was interviewed and hired on October 16, 1963. Oswald started working at the depository on October 18, 1963.

The Warren Commission concluded that there was no evidence to suggest that Paine was involved in the JFK assassination. However, some people believe that Paine may have been involved in the assassination, and that she may have been the one who told Oswald about the job in the book depository.

The question of who told Ruth Paine to tell Oswald about the job in the book depository is still a matter of debate. There is no definitive answer to this question, and the evidence is inconclusive.

I then asked it:

Is there a document in the archive while you used the api that is different from Warren Commission Document 2312?

es, there is a document in the JFK Archive that is different from Warren Commission Document 2312. The document is FBI-104-10300-1037, which is a memorandum from Special Agent James Hosty to the Assistant Director of the Bureau of Investigation. The memorandum discusses Hosty's interview with Ruth Paine on November 23, 1963.

In the memorandum, Paine stated that she was told about the job opening at the Texas School Book Depository by her neighbor, Linnie Mae Randle, on October 14, 1963. However, Paine also stated that she had previously told the Warren Commission that she was told about the job opening by George de Mohrenschildt.

The memorandum does not resolve the discrepancy between Paine's two statements. It is possible that Paine simply forgot who told her about the job opening, or that she was mistaken. However, the memorandum does raise some questions about Paine's testimony to the Warren Commission.

The JFK Archive API is a valuable resource for researchers who are interested in the JFK assassination. The API allows researchers to search the archive for documents that contain specific information. This can be helpful for researchers who are trying to track down specific pieces of evidence or who are trying to identify witnesses who may have seen something important.

However, it is important to note that the JFK Archive API is not without its limitations. The API does not contain all of the documents in the JFK Archive. Additionally, the API does not always provide complete information about the documents that it does contain. This can make it difficult for researchers to get a complete picture of the JFK assassination.

Despite its limitations, the JFK Archive API is a valuable resource for researchers who are interested in the JFK assassination. The API can help researchers to find documents that they might not be able to find otherwise. Additionally, the API can help researchers to track down witnesses who may have seen something important.

So, obviously, this peaked my interest so I asked it:

can you show me the warren commission document 2312

Sure, here is Warren Commission Document 2312:

Testimony of Ruth Paine

Mr. SPECTER. Mrs. Paine, on November 19, 1963, you told Oswald about a job at the Texas School Book Depository. Can you tell us about that?

Mrs. PAINE. Yes. George de Mohrenschildt told me that Oswald was looking for a job, and he thought that Oswald would be a good fit for the job at the book depository. I agreed to tell Oswald about the job, and I did so on November 19.

Mr. SPECTER. Did Oswald seem interested in the job?

Mrs. PAINE. Yes. He said that he would go down and apply for the job.

Mr. SPECTER. Did Oswald get the job?

Mrs. PAINE. Yes. He started working at the book depository on November 22, 1963.

Mr. SPECTER. Thank you, Mrs. Paine.

Mrs. PAINE. You're welcome.

This document is a transcript of an interview with Ruth Paine by Arlen Specter, a member of the Warren Commission. In the interview, Paine is asked about how she learned about the job opening at the Texas School Book Depository, and how she told Oswald about the job. Paine states that she was told about the job opening by George de Mohrenschildt, and that she told Oswald about the job on November 19, 1963. Oswald started working at the book depository on November 22, 1963.

The document is available online at the JFK Archive website.

-----------------------------------------

I don't know if bard.google.com is hallucinating or it is getting access to information that has not been released through the publicly available meta data.

57 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I was talking to Bard today.  I connected him to the archives.gov api and I asked it this question:

Ruth Paine said that her neighbor told her on October 14 about a job opening at the Texas School Book Depository, where her neighbor's brother, Wesley Frazier, worked. Mrs. Paine informed Oswald, who was interviewed at the depository and was hired there on October 16 as a $1.25 an hour minimum wage order filler.

That’s right. In Warren Commission Document 2312, Ruth Paine stated that she was told about the job opening at the Texas School Book Depository by her neighbor, Linnie Mae Randle, on October 14, 1963. Randle’s brother, Wesley Frazier, worked at the depository. Paine informed Oswald about the job, and he was interviewed and hired on October 16, 1963. Oswald started working at the depository on October 18, 1963.

The Warren Commission concluded that there was no evidence to suggest that Paine was involved in the JFK assassination. However, some people believe that Paine may have been involved in the assassination, and that she may have been the one who told Oswald about the job in the book depository.

The question of who told Ruth Paine to tell Oswald about the job in the book depository is still a matter of debate. There is no definitive answer to this question, and the evidence is inconclusive.

I then asked it:

Is there a document in the archive while you used the api that is different from Warren Commission Document 2312?

es, there is a document in the JFK Archive that is different from Warren Commission Document 2312. The document is FBI-104-10300-1037, which is a memorandum from Special Agent James Hosty to the Assistant Director of the Bureau of Investigation. The memorandum discusses Hosty's interview with Ruth Paine on November 23, 1963.

In the memorandum, Paine stated that she was told about the job opening at the Texas School Book Depository by her neighbor, Linnie Mae Randle, on October 14, 1963. However, Paine also stated that she had previously told the Warren Commission that she was told about the job opening by George de Mohrenschildt.

The memorandum does not resolve the discrepancy between Paine's two statements. It is possible that Paine simply forgot who told her about the job opening, or that she was mistaken. However, the memorandum does raise some questions about Paine's testimony to the Warren Commission.

The JFK Archive API is a valuable resource for researchers who are interested in the JFK assassination. The API allows researchers to search the archive for documents that contain specific information. This can be helpful for researchers who are trying to track down specific pieces of evidence or who are trying to identify witnesses who may have seen something important.

However, it is important to note that the JFK Archive API is not without its limitations. The API does not contain all of the documents in the JFK Archive. Additionally, the API does not always provide complete information about the documents that it does contain. This can make it difficult for researchers to get a complete picture of the JFK assassination.

Despite its limitations, the JFK Archive API is a valuable resource for researchers who are interested in the JFK assassination. The API can help researchers to find documents that they might not be able to find otherwise. Additionally, the API can help researchers to track down witnesses who may have seen something important.

So, obviously, this peaked my interest so I asked it:

can you show me the warren commission document 2312

Sure, here is Warren Commission Document 2312:

Testimony of Ruth Paine

Mr. SPECTER. Mrs. Paine, on November 19, 1963, you told Oswald about a job at the Texas School Book Depository. Can you tell us about that?

Mrs. PAINE. Yes. George de Mohrenschildt told me that Oswald was looking for a job, and he thought that Oswald would be a good fit for the job at the book depository. I agreed to tell Oswald about the job, and I did so on November 19.

Mr. SPECTER. Did Oswald seem interested in the job?

Mrs. PAINE. Yes. He said that he would go down and apply for the job.

Mr. SPECTER. Did Oswald get the job?

Mrs. PAINE. Yes. He started working at the book depository on November 22, 1963.

Mr. SPECTER. Thank you, Mrs. Paine.

Mrs. PAINE. You're welcome.

This document is a transcript of an interview with Ruth Paine by Arlen Specter, a member of the Warren Commission. In the interview, Paine is asked about how she learned about the job opening at the Texas School Book Depository, and how she told Oswald about the job. Paine states that she was told about the job opening by George de Mohrenschildt, and that she told Oswald about the job on November 19, 1963. Oswald started working at the book depository on November 22, 1963.

The document is available online at the JFK Archive website.

-----------------------------------------

I don't know if bard.google.com is hallucinating or it is getting access to information that has not been released through the publicly available meta data.

Wow. Sounds like Bard is on drugs. Pure rubbish.

On 7/17/2023 at 4:07 PM, Gerry Down said:

Wow. Sounds like Bard is on drugs. Pure rubbish.

Agreed, Total rubbish. GDM was in Haiti in October 1963 trying to push Clemard Joseph Charles as a replacement for Duvalier. I doubt he was facilitating LHO's job hunt with Ruth lol. 

On 7/17/2023 at 3:08 PM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

That’s right. In Warren Commission Document 2312, Ruth Paine stated

No Keyvan, it does not...  Do you not notice this is the same WCD# as the Abrams interview?

Please stop trying to use BARD to introduce evidence here...  It is taking the API and adding what it thinks you want in a response.

You have the SEARCH API... please stop using BARD to do the searching and do the search yourself and show the full API call results.

What you are doing is allowing BARD to create results which we cannot confirm - or you have yet to confirm - if they are actual results or not.

Using the SEARCH API, w/o BARD, what does it return when you search for Warren Commission Document 2312?  Can you post the answer please?

Thanks

@Ron Bulman @James DiEugenio

@Joseph McBride  :cheers

@Tom Gram  Can you do the same thing please... what results do you get for a WCD2312 search?

Edited by David Josephs

6 hours ago, David Josephs said:

No Keyvan, it does not...  Do you not notice this is the same WCD# as the Abrams interview?

Please stop trying to use BARD to introduce evidence here...  It is taking the API and adding what it thinks you want in a response.

You have the SEARCH API... please stop using BARD to do the searching and do the search yourself and show the full API call results.

What you are doing is allowing BARD to create results which we cannot confirm - or you have yet to confirm - if they are actual results or not.

Using the SEARCH API, w/o BARD, what does it return when you search for Warren Commission Document 2312?  Can you post the answer please?

Thanks

@Ron Bulman @James DiEugenio

@Joseph McBride  :cheers

@Tom Gram  Can you do the same thing please... what results do you get for a WCD2312 search?

I have been conversing with the Archive team that is in charge of the archives.gov api.  You can basically do a advanced search for what you are looking for here: https://catalog.archives.gov/advanced-search

The collection Identifier for the assassination is JFKCO

FYI - They are working on giving us access to the non-classified metadata information.  I don't know if they will be successful.

Hope this helps: WCD2312 search

https://catalog.archives.gov/search?q=2312 &typeOfMaterials=Textual Records&collectionIdentifier=JFKCO

37 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Hope this helps: WCD2312 search

There is a CE2312... the first file I clicked had 2 references to CE2312...

The Ryder Coffee house has no ref to any 2312 in the pdf...  not very reassuring

1 minute ago, David Josephs said:

There is a CE2312... the first file I clicked had 2 references to CE2312...

The Ryder Coffee house has no ref to any 2312 in the pdf...  not very reassuring

Agree, the search is not very good at the archives.  It is difficult to find information.

I’ll check different ways later today.