The Education Forum

The psychology of Conspiracy Think

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Mockingbird bunk from our Warren Commission Report salesman, Lance Payette.

First of all, conspiracy theories are not monolithic, so generalizations about them are misguided.

Some conspiracy theories are kooky.  Others are accurate explanations of black ops.

Secondly, who actually believes that military and intelligence agencies don't conspire to conduct black ops?

Why do the CIA and Pentagon appoint Directors of Plans?

As a psychologist myself for the past 40 years, I can say without hesitation that, in the field of psychology, for every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.  That makes it appear that there is no science underlying the profession and that it's more of a religious activity.  For some psychologists, it certainly IS a religious activity, but there are scientists among the flock too.  If you want to practice psychology as a religion, you can.  If you want to practice as a scientist, you can.  That's why psychology today looks more like medicine did in the middle ages (some would say it's still more art than science).  I recommend following the science, not the personalities.  The truth will out only if we continue seeking after it, and applying the principles of "the scientific method" is a good place to start.  Like the famous psychologist Frank Zappa said, a mind is like a parachute; it only works if it's open.

1 hour ago, Lance Payette said:

I continually examine myself as to whether I’m thinking rationally

Speaking of psychology; it may be best to let someone else do the examining. ;) 

33 minutes ago, Steven Kossor said:

As a psychologist myself for the past 40 years, I can say without hesitation that, in the field of psychology, for every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.  That makes it appear that there is no science underlying the profession and that it's more of a religious activity.  For some psychologists, it certainly IS a religious activity, but there are scientists among the flock too.  If you want to practice psychology as a religion, you can.  If you want to practice as a scientist, you can.  That's why psychology today looks more like medicine did in the middle ages (some would say it's still more art than science).  I recommend following the science, not the personalities.  The truth will out only if we continue seeking after it, and applying the principles of "the scientific method" is a good place to start.  Like the famous psychologist Frank Zappa said, a mind is like a parachute; it only works if it's open.

Basic logic can debunk the field of psychology, in the same way that basic logic can debunk religion without the need to spend years studying it. For example:

A. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

B. The human mind is the most extraordinary phenomenon in the known universe.

C. The study of the human mind is almost entirely based on witness evidence.

D. Witness evidence is unreliable and should not be considered extraordinary evidence.

This is the kind of fire that can not be put out by any team of PHD psychologists.

Even in your own comment there is a sign that psychiatry is bunk. You admit that you basically disagree with half of all people in your field, and all mental healthcare workers will agree with the basic notion that a person might need to switch between counselors to find which one suits them. This makes an unfalsifiable hypothesis.

Psychiatry is a cult. A cult that steals from, manipulates, kidnaps, tortures and poisons people.

Edited by Micah Mileto

As Oliver STone announced at the Cannes FIlm Festival in 2021, in front of an audience of 2100,  the JFK case is now Conspiracy Fact. 

Now, this is the story that Lance wishes did not exist.

https://www.wmicentral.com/news/navajo_county/lance-payette-named-drug-attorney-of-the-year/article_e5dffa72-d247-5c80-80f3-a6175bdb44ca.html

Because the last time he was here, I began to question him about being a lawyer yet not considering the huge problem of what is allowed in court and what is not allowed in court, in other words admissible evidence.

It turned out that Lance had been part of a drug crimes task force advising them on just that aspect of the law.  In other words, he was all so sensitive to the issue, but he hid this from us.  Note the date of that article. And note when Lance went to work for the DA's office.

Edited by James DiEugenio

4 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Now, this is the story that Lance wishes did not exist.

https://www.wmicentral.com/news/navajo_county/lance-payette-named-drug-attorney-of-the-year/article_e5dffa72-d247-5c80-80f3-a6175bdb44ca.html

Because the last time he was here, I began to question him about being a lawyer yet not considering the huge problem os what is allowed in court and what is not allowed in court, in other words admissible evidence.

It turned out that Lance had been part of a drug crimes tag force advising them on just that aspect of the law.  In other words, he was all so sensitive to the issue, but he hid this from us.  Note the date of that article. And note when Lance went to work for the DA's office.

So he wrote the paper that lead to drug convictions?   

People who pontificate using ten-dollar words to explain 17 cent solutions have never been punched in the mouth.

So Lancie boy let us examine the case against Oswald in light of your specialty, that is admissible evidence.

Number one:

As you know, any photo or illustration must be recognized by its author in order to be admitted into evidence.

As you must also know, before the ARRB and under oath. John Stringer, the autopsy photographer said he used Kodak Echtachrome and he did not use the press pack process for developing pictures or Ansco film. Yet it was that film and that process which was used in the pictures he was looking at in the Archives before Jeremy Gunn and Doug Horne.. ( Horne, Inside the ARRB, p. 807)

To elucidate further, Stringer said the photos before him on that day differed from the set he took on at least four different grounds: they were taken in a process he did not use, they were different film than he used, the collection included basilar views which he did not take,  and the cerebellum was intact, not damaged as he had seen it. (Horne, pp. 807-10)

Stringer would be your witness in attempting to get the official story through and into evidence.  With your experience in this issue, how could you resist the attack of the defense attorney, say Jim Lesar, in showing that the pictures were not genuine since the author said they were not taken by him. (Ibid. p. 807)

I await your reply counselor.

Edited by James DiEugenio