The Education Forum

Congressional MAGA extremists to form faux "Church Committee"

But alas, it won't be the JFKA they'll be investigating...

“The big fear among establishment Republicans is that this is not going to be the Church Committee,” he declared. “This is going to be an effort by individuals, who have defied congressional subpoenas during the Jan. 6 investigation, to actually obstruct justice from the—you know, with a gavel in their hands—from a committee. I mean, there are real fears here.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-hosts-groan-over-mccarthy-230230723.html

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Comparing what they would like to do to the Church Committee is ridiculous.   It was seeking Truth.  They, as stated, are seeking to Obstruct Justice.

How's the blue Koolaid tasting? Good? 

6 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

I am very thankful for the Church Committee.  They did  a lot of good work 

We’re in a better position because of it. 

Yes, it's really perverse, as what they're really looking to do is defund any investigations of 1/6 participants or other sedition-minded individuals, all under the auspices of saying the federal government has become "weaponized".

I guess MAGAs believe law enforcement is "weaponized" government.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/07/gop-panel-criminal-investigations-00076890

32 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Yes, it's really perverse, as what they're really looking to do is defund any investigations of 1/6 participants or other sedition-minded individuals, all under the auspices of saying the federal government has become "weaponized".

I guess MAGAs believe law enforcement is "weaponized" government.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/07/gop-panel-criminal-investigations-00076890

I'll donate to the DOJ investigations of Trump and his J6 co-conspirators if these MAGA clowns de-fund them.

Meanwhile, think of the millions of taxpayer dollars these GOP clowns have previously wasted on their bogus Benghazi "investigations" from 2012-16 --not to mention Bill Barr's Durham investigation nothing burger.

Kevin McCarthy even bragged back in the day that the GOP Benghazi "investigation" propaganda was highly successful in undermining Hillary Clinton's popularity--the raison d'etre for the GOP Benghazi Investigation Circus.

I suspect that several of these current MAGA Sedition Caucus members should be barred from holding public office, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, for attempting to overthrow the U.S. government.    Instead, they're brazenly leading McCarthy around by the nose in the 118th Congress.

Comparing these seditious GOP scoundrels to the Church Committee is like comparing Rudy Giuliani to Clarence Darrow.

If its not totally politically biased it might have some opportunities - however it sort of reminds me of what appears to be the first Republican legislative action, which would be restraining the IRS.   I'm rather skeptical that the intent of that is to protect the small taxpayer or to preserve individual liberties....  Hopefully the new oversight committee will be less obviously motivated.

Darn, and here I just told Ben in another thread that I was an optimist...

first, the House rules have to be passed- no assurance the moderates will agree to this.

then, we need to see who is on the committee.

so let's chill with the gratuitious political comments until the committee is formed. 

If Attila the Hun wields his axe and compels full disclosure on the JFK Records...then I am pals with Attila the Hun. 

If the modern-day GOP is suspicious of intel agencies and reveals some truths...then I say hold your nose and see what happens.  

And before looking down noses...why is it HRC or Liz Cheney never demanded full disclosure on JFK Records, or expressed reservations about the national security state? These are the good guys? 

I am keeping an open mind....

43 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

If its not totally politically biased it might have some opportunities - however it sort of reminds me of what appears to be the first Republican legislative action, which would be restraining the IRS.   I'm rather skeptical that the intent of that is to protect the small taxpayer or to preserve individual liberties....  Hopefully the new oversight committee will be less obviously motivated.

Darn, and here I just told Ben in another thread that I was an optimist...

LH--

Well, I wake up each day an optimist...then often conclude the day having been beaten back down....

There is always tomorrow....