The Education Forum

Tucker Carlson did it again

IMO...the most importantly worst bad thing Carlson and so many other corporate right wing journalists/commentators have done ( by a factor of 10X ) is the purposeful downplaying of the incredibly violent, huge mob size January 6th, 2021 attack on our very own Capital building ( a sacred symbol of our democracy ) while it was full of our entire Congress, their aides and even our sitting Vice President Pence.

This was the most dangerous domestic American society and government threatening event of our times.

A super violent attack by hundreds (with thousands more cheering them on ) that not just seriously injured dozens of our Capital police ( a few even fatally ) but traumatized our Congress members by making them truly feel their very lives were in danger ... for 3 and 1/2 long hours!

A psychological trauma that will surely give them bad scary dreams the rest of their lives.

Seriously, the Jan 6th attack was equivalent to a huge bank full of customers being violently entered, taken over and all customers and employees held hostage by wild eyed, property smashing, screaming robbers, some of whom were threatening death...to Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence.

All while our President simply watched this attack on TV and refused ( again for 3 and 1/2 long hours ) to order reinforcements to protect and save the overwhelmed Capital Police force and our life and death fearing traumatized members of Congress and refusing to tell his rabid worked up mob of followers to call the attack off and go home!

Imagine a local police chief or sheriff doing the same thing in the analogous bank building attack scenario I mentioned earlier?

The absolute truth is the huge violent mob attack on our Capital building full of our entire Congress on Jan 6th, 2021 was the greatest most threatening organized "domestic" attack on our government and Constitution since Fort Sumter and the Civil War.

It was an overthrow event. A massive attack force one.

The most dangerous and violent event in this realm in the last 160 years!

And President Trump's purposeful non-action to stop it in it's first minutes is just as serious an act of sedition as the attack itself.

Trump should have been arrested for not just encouraging the attack mob, but shamelessly, cowardly doing nothing to stop it and the injuries and trauma it was creating throughout it's 3 and 1/2 hour long siege.

Trump did the opposite of what a president is legally sworn to do.

“I, ( Donald J. Trump ) do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.””

Trump blatantly, willfully and illegally violated his oath of office in his purposeful encouraging of the Jan.6th, 2021 Capital building attack and refusal to stop it to protect it's defenders and our entire Congress trapped inside for those 3 and 1/2 hours.

For Tucker Carlson and many other national stage media pundits ( who really do have sway power over millions of our citizens ) to consistently downplay this extremely violent large scale domestic threat overthrow attempt of our constitutional government they too bear aiding and abetting responsibility.

The January 6th, 2021 attack on our entire Congress is THE big story here.

Nothing else comes close.

Wake up!

Quit being put to sleep about this great importance government attack reality downplaying by Trump protecting Tucker C. and others like him.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlson’s Text That Alarmed Fox Leaders: ‘It’s Not How White Men Fight’

see - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/02/business/media/tucker-carlson-text-message-white-men.html

REDACTED PORTION OF EXHIBIT 276

Tucker Carlson January 7, 2021 — 04:18:04 PM UTC

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living dooky out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?

Antifa is not a creep.  To me it means Anti Fascist.  I.E. anti Mussolini, anti Hitler.  While the term may be twisted, appropriated  and compromised.  I do not want to live in a fascist state.  An oligarchy or worse is bad enough.  Thank God democracy survives in some form or a semblance of it. 

2 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

Carlson’s Text That Alarmed Fox Leaders: ‘It’s Not How White Men Fight’

see - https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/02/business/media/tucker-carlson-text-message-white-men.html

Ah.

Well then.

At least we now know why he was fired.

Fox axed Carlson on their own, rather than being forced to do so later when this text would have inevitably leaked.

Rather than taking another massive PR hit, they were proactive and eliminated the problem before it became an even bigger problem.

Tenuous tendentious cherry-picking.

4 hours ago, John Cotter said:

Here's more of the context on the Tucker text, it's funny that they fall for the MSM cherry picking quotes.. but that's why they do it, because it works. I heard that that producer that claims toxic work environment only worked for him for a year and start secret filming the moment she showed up. Which means she can't be ruled out as an Agent Provocateur. 

Here is a good documentary on the pundit news Fox pioneered if you haven't seen it. The people on the left seem to think this doesn't happen with their Networks of choice. 

4 hours ago, John Cotter said:

I read that text message and had a really different reaction than what the headline predicted. He basically admitted he was having bad thoughts about the beating, but checked himself and expressed something very different - some shame for his racist rooting for the white guys. 

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I read that text message and had a really different reaction than what the headline predicted. He basically admitted he was having bad thoughts about the beating, but checked himself and expressed something very different - some shame for his racist rooting for the white guys. 

I agree with that balanced view of the text message. Essentially, Carlson's better part won out in the end.

The opposite interpretation is perverse, but it's classic demonisation - focusing on someone's negative tendencies and ignoring the prevailing positive ones.

Unfortunately, that kind of falsely simplistic demonising mentality is typical of our present day culture warriors.

Edited by John Cotter

22 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Fascinating to see how some people are completely oblivious to the part that got him fired: "how white men fight"

Matt - Could you elaborate on your take? You think I’m being too kind, or somehow oblivious? The text starts out horribly but ends differently. He says this is NOT how white men fight.

TC may have felt genuinely ashamed of his sadistic impulses and realized that it's probably wrong to murder people whose politics you don't approve of, but the "white men" remark is still pretty offensive.

8 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

TC may have felt genuinely ashamed of his sadistic impulses and realized that it's probably wrong to murder people whose politics you don't approve of, but the "white men" remark is still pretty offensive.

Do you think Nobel laureate William Faulkner should be "cancelled" because he commented on how black men fought?

44 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Do you think Nobel laureate William Faulkner should be "cancelled" because he commented on how black men fought?

What gave you that idea? I'm not a fan of "cancelling" anybody, even someone as goofy as TC.