The Education Forum

Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital

Gil Jesus

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Ruby Cover-Up" in the early 90's was one of the first books to spur my deepened interest in the JFKA.  Originally published in 1978 with a different title.  A lot more in it than SK-JR at Parkland.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:00 PM, Joseph McBride said:

A solid, experienced reporter. His book about Ruby

is good. His typed notes about his Dallas

reporting that weekend are in a Warren volume

and are fascinating.

Coming from another solid reporter.

I've gone off many times on the Warren Commission's purposely corrupting Kantor's sworn oath testimony about meeting and talking to Jack Ruby at Parkland hospital that afternoon.

And, instead their accepting mental case Ruby's denials of being at Parkland that day.

Their doing so is so illogically incongruous it's incredibly suspicious.

Curious why this issue of the Warren Commission corrupting the sworn oath testimony of established journalist Seth Kantor has never received the media attention it deserves. For almost 60 years now.

IMO, their doing so was one of the most outrageous smoking gun indicators of their own JFKA truth distorting agenda corruption.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, Gil Jesus said:

Reporter Seth Kantor claims to have seen and talked to Jack Ruby at Parkland Hospital. The Warren Commission chose not to believe him.

Bump.

Penn Jones' photograph taken outside Parkland hospital allegedly showing Jack Ruby (furthest right, baggy suit) walking with back to camera.

Jack's sister confirmed it was her brother?!?! according to Penn Jones.

750.jpg

14 hours ago, Robert Reeves said:

750.jpg

I'm a proponent of studying pictures of suspicious characters taken in the Dealey Plaza area before, during and after JFK was shot there. And giving some more credence than others regards who they depict. Haven't seen many of the crowd at Parkland. 

With that said - I do not get a strong sense that this picture shows Jack Ruby. Yes, the man in the baggy suit is built like Jack Ruby - thick set, shorter than 6 ft. etc. The Parkland man seems much broader in the butt area than Jack Ruby. 

However, there are side and back view pictures of Jack Ruby in the DPD building the night of 11/22/1963. The same day of the above photo. In the DPD building photo Ruby doesn't look as short and squat as the Parkland Hospital man. 

The suit type is different and fits differently.

And the fedora worn by the Parkland Hospital man seems much lighter in color than the one Ruby is almost always shown donning. 

None-the-less there was some suspicious concern expressed by Ruby's sister Eva Grant with a friend about her brother Jack's denial of going to Parkland that day. It sounded as if she knew different.

Her friend claims she saw Jack at Parkland talking to another man that day. From a close up position ( just feet ) away, although from behind.

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

And the fedora worn by the Parkland Hospital man seems much lighter in color than the one Ruby is almost always shown donning. 

None-the-less there was some suspicious concern expressed by Ruby's sister Eva Grant with a friend about her brother Jack's denial of going to Parkland that day. It sounded as if she knew different.

761155.jpg

I guess the hat might appear lighter in the Texas sun.

When I look at the photo it's like people whispered ''is that Jack Ruby?'' I noticed the black male/female looking in the direction of the Ruby subject walking away - like they recognized him. And maybe that was why Penn Jones photographed the moment. 

From what I've read, a subject Penn Jones had propagated ... the threat of violence to witnesses with knowledge of the JFK murder Penn took very seriously. He protected witnesses. I wonder if Penn Jones actually took the photograph. Maybe it was someone else who spotted Jack Ruby allegedly at Parkland, someone who knew him. And in the interest to photograph Ruby - caused the two closest people to the camera person to also became focused on the subject exiting the stage. Maybe the photographer anonymously gave Penn Jones the photograph.

From the searching of Penn Jones' comments about this situation at Parkland there doesn't seem to be much information as to why he decided to take a photograph at this moment in time. 

Jack Ruby was a operational dangerous man. And time proved this to be a fact. So many witnesses accounts of his whereabouts during the assassination point to someone that was either highly self-motivated or an operative under instructions. Which makes me wonder, if a guy like Jack Ruby comes marching through the crowd at Parkland hospital would the crowd's eyes follow him as he moves past them. Was he that famous? 

I imagine Jack Ruby had quite a reputation in Dallas. I think of the fairly recently discovered images of Ruby from 1960 in Dallas, WFAA Telefilm Collection. It caught Ruby on film with the Minox camera. Taking center stage. Loving the limelight.

jack-ruby-wfaa-1960-jones-collection-smu

Edited by Robert Reeves

Monsieur Reeves. You've caught me.

Yes, the color of the Fedora Ruby is wearing while leaping to blow Lee Harvey's guts out in the Dallas Police Department building basement just two days after 11/22/1963 is very light colored. As light colored as the Parkland man.

Although I do think the bright early afternoon sun at Parkland that day did make things lighter looking in color.

For some reason I remembered Ruby wearing a darker one most of time in pictures of him like the other picture you posted of Ruby in that street crowd.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 1 month later...

What’s odd about the Warren Commission believing Ruby over Kantor is that if Ruby was at Parkland Hospital, it would cut off speculation that Oswald had a planned meeting with Ruby at Ruby’s apartment or that Ruby was at the Texas Theater during the Oswald arrest as claimed by Ed Applin as both would have occurred at about the time Kantor encountered Ruby at Parkland. Also it would show Ruby was concerned about JFK’s death early on, confirming that he might be psychologically motivated to kill Oswald. Was the WC more concerned about speculation that Ruby planted CE399?

Did Kantor recall seeing Ruby at the Dallas Police Station over the weekend?

On 4/13/2024 at 1:04 PM, Kevin Balch said:

What’s odd about the Warren Commission believing Ruby over Kantor is that if Ruby was at Parkland Hospital, it would cut off speculation that Oswald had a planned meeting with Ruby at Ruby’s apartment or that Ruby was at the Texas Theater during the Oswald arrest as claimed by Ed Applin as both would have occurred at about the time Kantor encountered Ruby at Parkland. Also it would show Ruby was concerned about JFK’s death early on, confirming that he might be psychologically motivated to kill Oswald. Was the WC more concerned about speculation that Ruby planted CE399?

Did Kantor recall seeing Ruby at the Dallas Police Station over the weekend?

The Warren Commission did not know about Applin seeing Ruby at the Texas Theatre. If they had known, they probably would have believed Kantor. So what if Ruby had been at Parkland. It wouldn't have  meant a thing.

21 minutes ago, Richard Bertolino said:

The Warren Commission did not know about Applin seeing Ruby at the Texas Theatre. If they had known, they probably would have believed Kantor. So what if Ruby had been at Parkland. It wouldn't have  meant a thing.

The Warren Commission obviously thought it had some meaning.

Seth Kantor had absolutely nothing in his background that would indicate a man of confused thought, especially the very day he was immersed in the middle of the biggest news event of his life.

His psychological make up was that of a very intelligent, mentally stable and highly responsible professional career person.

Ruby on the other hand exhibited different forms of mental instability his whole life.

The dismissing of Kantor's Jack Ruby encounter at Parkland testimony was one of the top 3, 4 or 5 most suspicious ( and credibility damaging ) actions of the Warren Commission in their final summation report imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer