The Education Forum

David Mantik's new Book: 2 Reviews

Its called The JFK Assassination Decoded, and as you will see its really two books. Since it includes his previous book about the head shots to JFK and his theory about that.

As you will see, especially in my review, you will go far to find a more extravagantly produced book than this one.  Book companies just do not do this anymore, particularly in color.  Since the cost is prohibitive.  But this book is really exceptional in that regard.  And to think its also in hardcover and that edition is relatively cheap on Amazon. 

Anyway, between the two reviews you get a good idea of the book.  But I just have to say, Mantik's long discussion of the windshield shot is the best I have ever read, and yes I read the late Doug Weldon's.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-jfk-assassination-decoded-two-reviews

Edited by James DiEugenio

I'm just about to read your and Corsi's reviews but thought I'd check it out on Amazon first.  Wow, the pictures as you mention, but 8 1/2 X 11, 524 pages.  I may see if the daughters and wife might pool together for a Father's Day present.

Amazon.com: THE JFK ASSASSINATION DECODED: Criminal Forgery in the Autopsy Photographs and X-rays: 9798372573222: Mantik M.D., David W.: Books

Edited by Ron Bulman

Honestly Ron, 35 bucks is not a lot of money for a book that is illustrated throughout like this one.

I don't know what you would lose if it was on Kindle.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• James DiEugenio changed the title to David Mantik's new Book: 2 Reviews

Excellent review, Jim; you covered a lot of material in a very concise manner. BTW, Stanley Marks always believed that a shot came from the Dal-Tex Building and cited evidence for it (e.g., angle of fire) in all four of his JFK books, and in his JFK playscript as well. Nice to see Mantik honing in on this. The link you embedded to the article about the windshield is also really interesting, especially this quote:

"The late Doug Weldon researched and provided the JFK assassination research community with the definitive study which answered all of the questions surrounding the windshield of the JFK limousine and the possible source of the frontal shot which perforated the windshield. In Murder in Dealey Plaza, Weldon described an elaborate shell game in which multiple windshields appear to have been used by the Secret Service in an attempt to reenact the hole in the windshield. Moreover, Weldon discovered that the Secret Service attempted to document the existence of a second windshield which contained a crack instead of a through and through bullet hole, with the inference being that it would have been caused by a fragment of concrete or possibly the shot that missed and presumably hit bystander James Tague. In his research in 1993, Weldon interviewed an ex Ford Motor Company employee who witnessed events there the following Monday, 11/25/63, related to the SX100 Lincoln Continental convertible limousine in which President Kennedy was assassinated. This witness spoke about the total reconstruction of the limousine's interiors and the removal and replacement of the windshield using the old one as a template which was subsequently destroyed. Even though Weldon knew the identity of this person, the information was withheld, at his request, until his demise in 2001. Nigel Turner, in his documentary The Men Who Killed Kennedy identified George Whitaker Sr, as the Ford Motor Company employee mentioned in Weldon's work. Douglas Horne, in his book, Inside the ARRB (pg 1447) also identified Whitaker as the employee who witnessed the condition of the windshield, and verified that the hole had been caused by a shot from the front, with fragmentation and beveling present on the inside. Shards of this fragmentation called stippling, were known to have struck the President in the face and neck. These were later removed and its effects covered with wax during the process of embalming and preparation of the body for burial.4 The accounts of Both Weldon and Whitaker can be seen in The Men Who Killed Kennedy, episode number Seven. In Murder in Dealey Plaza, the Weldon study concludes: "The windshield shot offered a perfect trajectory for a sniper firing from the top of the south side of the underpass, because of the unique downward slope of Elm Street, it is only a slight downward trajectory as a vehicle approached the overpass on Elm Street after the turn from Houston Street. Also, the angle of Elm Street, as one turns from Houston Street points the vehicle almost directly at the area of the south underpass. It is, for all practical purposes, not even a moving target, since for a couple of seconds the vehicle is virtually approaching the area head on." pg 154 Note that this conclusion exactly follows Cutler's earlier location of an overpass shooter near the South Knoll right above Commerce Street."

("Crossfire in Dealey Plaza Reexamined: The Shot from the Front," by Larry Rivera.)

Edited by Rob Couteau

From Jerome Corso:

"Mantik deserves an honored place in the pantheon of JFK researchers for his definitive forensic proof that JFK was shot from the front, hit by two shots from the right front, and one shot from the rear. Mantik’s book is a “must-read” JFK book that belongs in the library of every serious study of the assassination for its definitive treatment of the JFK headshots. Perhaps even more critical, Mantik allows us to see disinformation campaign parallels, suggesting both the JFK assassination and the removal of Donald Trump from the presidency were both Deep State planned and executed coup d’états.

Mantik’s forensic analysis of the JFK autopsy X-rays proves Lee Harvey Oswald could not have been the assassin. Equally important, Mantik’s new book allows us to see the Deep State parallel between the JFK assassination and the DOJ/CIA conspiracy to remove President Trump from office. The Justice Department and the CIA conspired to infiltrate and control social media to conceal the Deep State’s role in fabricating the Russian collusion hoax to destroy Donald Trump’s presidency. So too, Allen Dulles penetrated the Warren Commission to cover the Justice Department and CIA’s complicity in the crossfire in Dealey Plaza that removed JFK from the White House."

---30---

While I think Corso has perhaps run a little too far with the ball on this one at this time, certainly his perspective needs to be pursued. 

IMHO, neither Nixon or Trump were likable or good presidents, and Nixon (by some standards) a war criminal.  

But...did we have a hard coup in 1963, a soft coup in 1974, and then a regime-change op in 2016-2020? 

BTW, both Nixon and Trump would run out of town after expressing interest in the JFKA files or Bay of Pigs files....

A government rarely investigates itself well. And the national security state never does. 

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Honestly Ron, 35 bucks is not a lot of money for a book that is illustrated throughout like this one.

looks like it is "self" published? Hopefully he'll break even soon, THEN go to Kindle?

Books images okay, but the graphics stink re color scheme, etc. Content great!!! I'm glad to see Doug Weldon getting his dues -- Monk, Doug Horne reviews, terrific...

Job well done, David...

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Its called The JFK Assassination Decoded, and as you will see its relaly two books Since it includes his previous book about the head shots to JFK and his theory about that.

So I don't need to buy his first book as everything that is in the first book is now in this new book?

Looks like a very useful book even if I don't agree with alot of his conclusions. 

I like what Corsi wrote"

In a review of Mantik’s book, Douglas Horne notes that Mantik’s analysis of the JFK X-rays confirms Horne’s analysis in Chapter 13 of Inside the Assassinations Review Board. Both Horne and Mantik agree three headshots hit JFK:

1. a shot low in the posterior skull, from the rear (probably fired from the second-floor window of the Dal-Tex building), blowing out the “head flap” on JFK’s that the Zapruder film shows prominently.
  2. an almost simultaneous shot from the right front (probably fired from well down the grassy knoll, near where the triple overpass meets the knoll); and
  3. a third almost simultaneous shot from the right front (fired from near the corner of the grassy knoll stockade fence), hitting JFK above and slightly behind the right ear.

In his review of Mantik’s book, Horne comments that Mantik’s book, “backstopped by extraordinary detail and footnoting, and by brilliant clarifying illustrations, is the “final word” on the JFK headshots. “Dr. Mantik brings his expertise as an M.D.—a radiation oncologist quite familiar with and qualified to read skull X-rays—and as a physicist to this extensive, illustrated monograph.” Horne added that equally important is that “Mantik’s conclusions about the three headshots, and the alteration of the extant skull X-rays, prove there was a massive U.S. government cover-up regarding how JFK was killed.”"

In the UK it's available on Amazon in Kindle format for £8 (USD10). 

Thank you for the review, this is an area which I find more technical to follow but I will be purchasing it and look forward to reading it next week. 

Mart, when you buy it on Kindle, please let people know about the illustrations and if they are in color.

And also the graphics.

I have the hard cover so I do not know how those come out in Kindle.

23 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think the price is fair these days for what is reportedly in it, again the pictures and size of them/it.  I paid more than that for Joseph McBride's last book, which I think everyone should read for it's insight.

Political Truth: The Media and the Assassination of President Kennedy: Joseph McBride: 9781939795618: Amazon.com: Books

I think this, in the reviews, is the first time I've read Mantik saying the first of the three head shots came from the rear.  Which supports thoughts I've mentioned before.

Dan Rather's first report, Alan Belmont (FBI #3) as well as a French report from a copy of a Zapruder original purchased by H L Hunt on 11/22/63 all mention a violent movement forward.  Following Newton . . .

Yet in the Z film we see it shows violently back and to the left, from the front.

Audibly coordinated shots.  On the count of three.

Th, rear shot from Dal-Tex, head forward.  Thr-Thre, two from the right front, back and to the left.

Don't mean to distract from the book or reviews, just passing thoughts.  

The bevelling evidence of an exit wound on the outside of the skull indicates at least one head shot came from the front.

BE7_HI1_21-1.jpg

Edited by Gil Jesus

6 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

The bevelling evidence of an exit wound on the outside of the skull indicates at least one head shot came from the front.

BE7_HI1_21-1.jpg

Gil, thanks. 

I wonder if any of the learned here, would comment if it is conceivable - that there is left, "any minute crack in the door" - reading this:

Analysis of beveling in gunshot entrance wounds - ScienceDirect

I am not disagreeing with your post.

Edited by Ron Ege