The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

And yet, Doug, we need to learn from our disastrous mistakes, don't we?

How did a disaster like Donald Trump happen to the United States?

Your question will be the subject of many books that will be written in the future. 

Another low point in the history of the Republican Party-- censuring an exemplary American statesman, Adam Schiff, for his investigations and eloquent, accurate commentaries about Donald Trump's crimes.

Let's recall that Schiff was the minority party leader on Devin Nunes's GOP-controlled House Intel Committee that "looked for no evidence of Russian collusion and reportedly found none."

And the Party of Stupid vote censuring Schiff happened along strict party lines. 🙄

House Republicans take the rare step of censuring Rep. Adam Schiff over Trump-era probes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-republicans-censure-rep-adam-schiff-trump-era-probes-rcna90451

ADAM SCHIFF GRILLS DURHAM

It all started when Durham tried to claim that the Justice Department’s investigation into Trump and Russia was a hoax.

BREAKING: Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff humiliates John Durham, the author of Trump’s phony “Durham report,” during a hearing today by the House Judiciary Committee. It all started when Durham tried to claim that the Justice Department’s investigation into Trump and Russia was a hoax. That’s when Congressman Schiff expertly cut Durham off, declaring,

SCHIFF:“Mr. Durham, just so people remember what this is all about, let me ask you. The Mueller investigation revealed that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in a sweeping and systemic fashion, correct? This is when the fun began, because Durham had no choice it to respond, “Yes, that is correct.” But Schiff didn’t stop there, continuing to hammer Durham:

SCHIFF: And Russia did so through a social media campaign that favored Trump and disparaged Hillary Clinton, correct? DURHAM: The report says yes.
SCHIFF: Mueller found that a Russian intel service hacked computers associated with the Clinton campaign and then released the stolen documents publicly. Is that right?
DURHAM: That report speaks for itself as well.
SCHIFF: Mueller also reported that though he could not establish the crime of conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt, he also said, quote, "a statement that the investigation did not establish certain facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts," and also appears in the report, doesn’t it?
DURHAM: Yes.
SCHIFF: In fact, you cited that very statement in your own report, did you not, as a way of distinguishing between proof beyond a reasonable doubt and evidence that falls short of proof beyond a reasonable doubt?
DURHAM: Correct.
SCHIFF: Both Mueller and congressional investigations found that Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort was secretly meeting with an operative linked to Russian intelligence named Konstantin Kilimnik, correct?
SCHIFF: And that Manafort gave that Russian intel operative the campaign's internal polling data. Correct?
SCHIFF: Is it true, Mr. Durham, that Mueller and congressional investigations also revealed that Don Jr. was informed that a Russian official was offering the Trump campaign, quote, "very high level and sensitive information," unquote, "that would be incriminating of Hillary Clinton was part of," quote, "Russia and its government support of Trump." Are you aware of that?
DURHAM: Sure, people get phone calls all the time from individuals who claim to have information like that.
SCHIFF: Really? The son of a presidential candidate gets calls all the time from a foreign government offering dirt on their important opponent. Is that what you’re saying?
DURHAM: I don't think that’s so unique.
SCHIFF: Are you really trying to diminish the significance of what happened here and the secret meeting that the president's son set up in Trump Tower to receive that incriminating information?
DURHAM: I don’t think that that was a well-advised thing to do.
SCHIFF: Oh, not well advised. All right. Well, that’s the understatement of the year. So you think it’s perfectly appropriate or maybe just ill-advised for a presidential campaign to secretly meet with a Russian delegation to get dirt on their opponent? You would merely say that’s inadvisable?
DURHAM: I wouldn’t do it, but it wasn’t illegal, was it? It was stupid, foolish, ill advised.
SCHIFF: Well, it’s illegal to conspire to get incriminating opposition research from a hostile government. Wouldn’t that violate campaign laws? At this point, all that Durham could respond with a was a shameless
DURHAM:I don’t know.”

Please retweet and  to thank Schiff for setting Durham straight — and consider investing in Tribel, a “woke” new Twitter competitor that’s currently doing a round of equity crowdfunding and just blew past $1.8 million raised from 4,400 of its users. If you want to own a piece of the “next big thing” in social media, here is the link to do so, http://wefunder.com/Tribel. You can invest as little as $100 — or as much as you’d like.

·
Views